PDA

View Full Version : Uni of Salford Brass Band, Regent Hall, London, 15th April, 1pm (FREE)

University of Salford
12.04.2011, 16:23
http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=2238&stc=1&d=1302617990

REGENT HALL LUNCHTIME CONCERT SERIES

Friday 15th April

Salford University Brass Band
Conductor: Howard Evans

Today’s concert sees the Salford University Brass Band move south to a significant London venue. Regent Hall
features in the performance activity of many of the London Colleges and Conservatoires and this is the fourth
time the Band have been invited to perform at this fine hall on Oxford Steet, London. Many students find
their way to study at Salford and this visit gives opportunity to showcase the performance and compositional
aspects of the Salford experience to a wider sphere.

Further information available from 0207 629 2766 / 5424 or 0161 295 6108

Regent Hall
275 Oxford Street, London, W1C 2DJ

1.00pm – 2.00pm

Free admission – freewill retiring collection

PeterBale
12.04.2011, 23:11
Only wish I still worked in the West End and could come along: hope it goes well ;)

Johncornetflugel
15.04.2011, 20:17
It went very well, the programme included Turris Fortissima (one of my favourites), Chivalry by Martin Ellerby and the winner of the Kirklees composition competition, Lonely Isle, a very atmospheric portrait of the Isle of Portland which as Dr Howard Evans pointed out was very appropriate for the Oxford Street setting as most of nearby London is built with Portland stone! A thoroughly enjoyable hour and it was a shame we had to go back out into the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street afterwards. Many thanks to the band for making the trip and hope that you have a safe journey home.

JesTperfect!
19.04.2011, 22:01
It went very well, the programme included Turris Fortissima (one of my favourites), Chivalry by Martin Ellerby and the winner of the Kirklees composition competition, Lonely Isle, a very atmospheric portrait of the Isle of Portland which as Dr Howard Evans pointed out was very appropriate for the Oxford Street setting as most of nearby London is built with Portland stone! A thoroughly enjoyable hour and it was a shame we had to go back out into the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street afterwards. Many thanks to the band for making the trip and hope that you have a safe journey home.

Glad you enjoyed the concert! It was, in my opinion, by far the best concert we've done this academic year. Turris Fortissima is one of my favourites now too!

The journey home was safe....if very, very long, after a 3am start for most of us!