PDA

View Full Version : Glynn Parry Hammonds Sauce Works Band

euphfiend
08.02.2011, 13:37
Hi all,

Haven't posted before, so apologies if this is in the wrong place or otherwise out of order.

I'm copying some of my old vinyl LPs onto CD and came across a record of Hammonds Sauce Works Band with a version of Carnival of Venice ( the Rimmington variations, not Arban) played on euph by Glynn Parry. It's some of the most exquisite euph playing I've heard - lovely golden singing tone, relaxed style, brilliant technique but always musical. I haven't heard of Glynn Parry elsewhere - does anyone know any more about him? And did he record anything else? The record dates from the early seventies - I'm not sure if that makes him "historical" (if it does, I'm history too!) but I didn't know where else to put this query. I hope someone can help.

Pondasher
01.08.2011, 17:32
Hi all,

Haven't posted before, so apologies if this is in the wrong place or otherwise out of order.

I'm copying some of my old vinyl LPs onto CD and came across a record of Hammonds Sauce Works Band with a version of Carnival of Venice ( the Rimmington variations, not Arban) played on euph by Glynn Parry. It's some of the most exquisite euph playing I've heard - lovely golden singing tone, relaxed style, brilliant technique but always musical. I haven't heard of Glynn Parry elsewhere - does anyone know any more about him? And did he record anything else? The record dates from the early seventies - I'm not sure if that makes him "historical" (if it does, I'm history too!) but I didn't know where else to put this query. I hope someone can help.
Hi - A list of all Euphonium solo recordings on LP by Glynn Parry can be found on the following link: -

http://www.euphonium.webspace.virginmedia.com/Solos.htm#p

Hope this is helpful

Keith Quinn