PDA

View Full Version : Rainford Band Launch New Website

Steve
31.12.2010, 11:52
After several months of development Rainford Band have launched a new website.

www.rainfordband.org.uk

The band are eager to receive the feedback of 'banders' to see how the site compares to others and what developments you feel would enhance the site even further.

This launch coincides with the announcement of a new sponsorship deal with local firm EliteTele.com and the bands promotion to the 1st Section in 2011.

ps. It also lists 2 current vacancies but I will save that for another thread. ;)

Simon_Horn
31.12.2010, 17:51
Hi Steve,

I like the new website look - clean simple interface, with iphone influence...

Small point: on my browser (IE8) I notice the graphic of Neil is incorrectly sized on the banner when you click on the conductor page.

As far enhancements, it would be really cool if each of the the navigation icons could slightly increase in size and/or shade when you hover over them with the mouse ??

I like the contest information page and player listings. However, I didn't see any video or audio files on the site. For me, I would replace the facebook icon with one for 'media' and have that as a link to your gallery, video and downloadable sound files. (I did something similar at www.fulhambrassband.co.uk (http://www.fulhambrassband.co.uk))

I would put the facebook icon underneath/replacing the ''rainfordband.org.uk" on the LH side of the page. Another idea may be to release some screen real estate by moving to rainford band logo from the top RH side of screen to replace the rainfordband.co.uk text??

Anyways, looks good. All the best to the band for 2011.

Simon

Steve
02.01.2011, 15:54
Excellent feedback, thanks mate!

All the best to you and Fulham too!

Steve
04.01.2011, 01:43
Hi Simon,

All done! Is that any better? The media gallery is a work in progress but at least that's a start.

Thanks again.