PDA

View Full Version : Bass Gig Bag with wheels?

Despot
23.09.2010, 09:54
Hi All,

By any chance is there such a thing on the market as a bass gig bag with wheels?

Simes
23.09.2010, 10:13
Hi All,

By any chance is there such a thing on the market as a bass gig bag with wheels?

I've never seen one - although that doesn't mean there isn't one on the market! I'd have thought it would be tricky though as a gig bag doesn't have a rigid frame to attach the wheels to...

Perhaps this could be a market opportunity for someone!

StellaJohnson
23.09.2010, 10:31
Time to go on Dragon den!

Simes
23.09.2010, 11:12
Time to go on Dragon den!

Tom and Will gig bag, lightweight velco-attatched T shaped collapsable frame to act as handle and axle for the wheels.

Theo will invest...

STUART HAIGH
23.09.2010, 23:14
Place bass in gigbag,gigbag in shopping trolley...problem solved.

brassneck
23.09.2010, 23:49
Place bass in gigbag,gigbag in shopping trolley...problem solved.

or ... :redface:

defnotsimon
24.09.2010, 08:13
I would have thought that a gig bag with wheels is called a hard case. Isnt the point of a gig bag so that you can carry it around on your back anyway?

STUART HAIGH
24.09.2010, 09:13
I would have thought that a gig bag with wheels is called a hard case. Isnt the point of a gig bag so that you can carry it around on your back anyway?
I ve got a gigbag and found them useless...it kills you to sling it over your shoulder and walk with it..not bad just using the carry handles.

on_castors
28.09.2010, 13:18
I ve got a gigbag and found them useless...it kills you to sling it over your shoulder and walk with it..not bad just using the carry handles.

I have found that too, after playing cornet & using a gig bag most successfully, I found that when I returned to E flat Tuba it just doesn't work the same! : -(

iancwilx
28.09.2010, 15:43

Totally agree - absolutely cr@p.
Mind you mine came with the tuba and I reckon it's a cheap effort. I don't think it would save the instrument from taking dints etc.
I've been trying to source a 2nd hand hard case with wheels but they are as rare as rocking horse doody !

- Mr Wilx

Despot
29.09.2010, 09:04
There we go....soft case with wheels.

http://www.musical-bags.com/esp/principal/598/estuche_tuba_bags_confort_para_ragtime_sib

davethehorny
29.09.2010, 12:35

http://www.musical-bags.com/esp/principal/598/estuche_tuba_bags_confort_para_ragtime_sib

Has anyone bought one of these? If so what are they like and how much do they cost?

STUART HAIGH
29.09.2010, 17:17
Totally agree - absolutely cr@p.
Mind you mine came with the tuba and I reckon it's a cheap effort. I don't think it would save the instrument from taking dints etc.
I've been trying to source a 2nd hand hard case with wheels but they are as rare as rocking horse doody !

- Mr Wilx
Thought it was just me getting old......I can spend 12 hrs chucking steel about at work but can t carry a bb bass in a gigbag for long when it s slung over my shoulder !:eek:

on_castors
03.10.2010, 16:15
Thought it was just me getting old......I can spend 12 hrs chucking steel about at work but can t carry a bb bass in a gigbag for long when it s slung over my shoulder !:eek:

They just move your centre of gravity so far out from the body too, so not only does it feel heavier than you expect, you need to lean so far forward/to one side, instantly getting the feeling it is easier just to use the hard case, wheel it where possible and carry it where you can't!

STUART HAIGH
03.10.2010, 18:04
They just move your centre of gravity so far out from the body too, so not only does it feel heavier than you expect, you need to lean so far forward/to one side, instantly getting the feeling it is easier just to use the hard case, wheel it where possible and carry it where you can't!
I agree...who wants to walk like QUASIMODO.:biggrin:

iancwilx
03.10.2010, 19:32

I used to end up walking like Quaz after some long hot marching jobs !
Barnsley Miners Dem and a religious one at Wrenthorpe spring to mind.
Couldn't stop a pig in a ginnel !!

- Mr Wilx

Aussie Tuba
03.10.2010, 21:37

That almost looks like a cross between a Gig Bag and a Hard Case. Most Gig bags I've seen are a lot more flexable than That and I have to say I'd never put my Tuba in one of those.

iancwilx
03.10.2010, 21:52
That almost looks like a cross between a Gig Bag and a Hard Case. Most Gig bags I've seen are a lot more flexable than That and I have to say I'd never put my Tuba in one of those.

They're "APOS" - and the second word is "Pile" !!

- Mr Wilx

on_castors
04.10.2010, 15:06

Unfortunately I do a bit to start with, the crutches help straighten me up; but having a bass on your back is like having "the bells" attached as well as Esmerelda! ;-)