PDA

View Full Version : John Newbiggin.

Frontman
05.08.2010, 19:23
I have just received the sad news that John Newbiggin has passed away. He was a good friend and a wonderful man.

John was a very big man in the Brass band world in the North West of England and will be sadly missed.
Condolances to June and all of your family.

RIP John, a sad loss.

Anno Draconis
05.08.2010, 22:43
I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. While I was conducting Coppull and Standish I was given a tremendous amount of encouragement and support by John, who incidentally seemed to have taught most of the members of the band at some point or another. A lovely man, a true gentleman and a bandsman to his bootstraps.

My condolences to June and the family, and to John's many, many friends.

mikelyons
06.08.2010, 08:30
I also send my condolences and wishes. John was an absolutely dedicated man whom I met a few times and heard of a tremendous amount. He really is legendary in this area. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Straightmute
06.08.2010, 13:34
I have just received the sad news that John Newbiggin has passed away. He was a good friend and a wonderful man.

John was a very big man in the Brass band world in the North West of England and will be sadly missed.
Condolances to June and all of your family.

RIP John, a sad loss.

Does anyone know any funeral details? I'm sure that many people would wish to pay their respects to John Newbigging. Sad news - John gave a great deal to brass players in the Wigan area.

David

Unregistered
06.08.2010, 13:54
I believe it is at 1.30pm, Friday 13th August, at the Salvation Army citadel in Wigan.

2 days before he was due to turn 96.

Unregistered
06.08.2010, 23:10
Just to confirm that my Fathers funeral service will take place at Wigan Salvation Army Citidal at 1.30pm on the 13th August.

May I take this opportunity to thank you all for your sympathy and kind thoughts - he was a truely committed, gifted Bandsman, loving Husband, Father & Grandfather and has left us all with a hole in our hearts.

God Bless Dad

Tim Newbigging