PDA

View Full Version : Regional Grading Tables..... request for help...

TheMusicMan
03.03.2003, 23:30
Several people have mentioned in a few threads recently that it might be a good idea to have the latest copies of Regional Grading Tables here on theMouthPiece.com site.

I am more than happy to host these tables on theMouthPiece.com if that is a service/feature we need and feel will add value.

So, if there are any Regional Secretaries or other knowledgeable folk out there who might just have the latest regional grading tables in any of Spreadsheets/Word Docs/tables formats - please can you forward a copy on to me here john@themouthpiece.com and I will gladly host them for all to see.

Also - if anyone is willing to help in the maintenance/compilation/format of these then please feel free to offer!!

This could be a great resource for ALL bands - let's see where this goes eh? :D

John

Heather
04.03.2003, 07:10
Excellent idea.
I don't know of anywhere else that shows the tables. You usually only get to see them once a year to find out your fate!

BoozyBTrom
04.03.2003, 09:08
Here is a Link to the Northern Area Grading Tables.

hope it helps

http://www.er.band.btinternet.co.uk/nebbc/main.htm

TheMusicMan
11.03.2003, 10:39
UPDATE: I have received several tables in the form of sheets, www pages etc... so, before I present these here on tMP are there any more out there?

If you have them, please forward them on to me at john@themouthpiece.com...

btw, I'm still up for volunteers to help me collate & format these lists... :wink:

Roger Thorne
11.03.2003, 11:46
Now the Midlands Area is completed, it should only be a few days before Band Contest Secretaries start receiving the league tables.

As soon as I receive ours (3rd Section) I shall forward a copy on.

With all this information available we'll be able to undertake our own 'dodgy predictions' - any volunteers!

:wink:

WhatSharp?
11.03.2003, 13:36
You can find the L&SC grading tables at :

http://www.underwd.demon.co.uk/L&SCR/

hope this helps.

dyl
11.03.2003, 14:29
I'll have the Welsh Regional tables after this weekend John.

Brian
13.03.2003, 00:42
Now the Midlands Area is completed, it should only be a few days before Band Contest Secretaries start receiving the league tables.

As soon as I receive ours (3rd Section) I shall forward a copy on.

With all this information available we'll be able to undertake our own 'dodgy predictions' - any volunteers!

When I was on the Area Committee Roger, it was usually 5 or 6 weeks after the contest that League tables were distributed. Each band in the Area Contest received the table for the section they competed in only.So don't hold your breath..

HBB
16.03.2003, 19:45
We got handed a copy of our grading tables when we got our comments on the day, as far as I'm aware, this is the first time that this has ever happened.

Did anyone else got their copies of the provisional regional table on the day, or was it just L&SC?

Ben ;)

Brian
17.03.2003, 04:21
We got handed a copy of our grading tables when we got our comments on the day, as far as I'm aware, this is the first time that this has ever happened.

Did anyone else got their copies of the provisional regional table on the day, or was it just L&SC?

Ben ;)

London have done this for a number of years, and not only at the area, they tend to give out a full list of placings on the day at most contests,the argument against this is the negative thoughts it gives to those bands down towards the bottom of the list, as opposed to" well we were not in the prizes,but maybe next time"..And of course with the area league tables, the problems it creates if they need to be changed for any reason, as seen in some areas in the past, with disqualifications, appeals etc

Laura
23.03.2003, 21:26
Is there any more news on this?

satchmo shaz
03.04.2003, 14:34
hello all, just heard officially that we (Long Eaton) have been promoted to 3rd section :) so the Midlands grading tables are out!!

has anyone else got any news?

Baldeagle
03.04.2003, 15:01
hello all, just heard officially that we (Long Eaton) have been promoted to 3rd section :) so the Midlands grading tables are out!!

Well Done Shaz and Long Eaton

www.carltonbrass.org.uk

Roger Thorne
03.04.2003, 15:35
Well Done Sharon.

I've recevied the 3rd Section Midland Grading Tables today.

I will forward them on to John so that he can post them on the site.

Just for your information Carlton and Audley Brass are promoted to 2nd section.

satchmo shaz
03.04.2003, 15:35
thanks bald eagle, have your band been promoted?

Baldeagle
03.04.2003, 15:48
thanks bald eagle, have your band been promoted?

Yes we are promoted to the second section, but i have not seen the tables yet

satchmo shaz
03.04.2003, 15:52
well done to you too!...........(phew!) :wink:

Heather
03.04.2003, 16:58
Well done to everyone who has been promoted.
Bad luck to those who just missed out.
We've been promoted to Championship Section..aarrgghh!!!!

Roger Thorne
03.04.2003, 17:07
Thoroughly deserved Heather.

Congratulations.

Straightmute
03.04.2003, 17:34
Congratultions Heather!

If our experience this year is anything to go by, I'm sure that you'll enjoy yourselves and do very well in the top section.

(I've not seen our tables yet but we've survived to fight another day in the top section - it's almost as good as being promoted!)

D

Heather
03.04.2003, 18:36
We'll obviously do our best but it will be VERY hard, especially against the likes of Fodens, Faireys, Leyland (I'm trembling even thinking about it!).
At least we won't really have too much pressure as we won't be expected to do well...a bit like Hepworth eh!!

Heather
03.04.2003, 18:39
...oopps, sorry! I meant Haydock.

Must be the shock of noticing that I'm a Senior Friend now. I'm so proud.

TheMusicMan
03.04.2003, 18:39
Must be the shock of noticing that I'm a Senior Friend now. I'm so proud.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome Senior Friend :D :D

cornetgirl
03.04.2003, 18:42
Good luck in top section Heather!

At least you won't have to play Prague....

It's a tough Area, bit like Yorkshire really but I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Rach x

Heather
03.04.2003, 20:22
I'm sure I'll 'enjoy' the experience.
I might not have to play 'Prague' but I wonder what they'll dish up next year??
At least I'll be experiencing something I never thought I would......................it wasn't too long ago I was thinking of retiring!!!!

HBB
03.04.2003, 22:37
I hope for all hell that we never get up that high, I find sitting where I am a pressure enough already, let alone being in a Championship section. It maybe soo stressful because we've been promoted twice in 3 years. Has anyone else done that :? I find it really strange, going from Indian Summer to Cherchebi to Celestial Prospect

I can't cope! :lol: :lol:

SuicidalBennyBoy ;)

4 rog

WhatSharp?
04.04.2003, 08:50
I find it really strange, going from Indian Summer to Cherchebi to Celestial Prospect

And I thought the music was supposed to get HARDER as you went up :D

Straightmute
04.04.2003, 09:25
I'm sure I'll 'enjoy' the experience.
I might not have to play 'Prague' but I wonder what they'll dish up next year??

I've read somewhere on 4BR that we're in line for something more traditional, and Richard Evans has promised us more tuneful music in future...

Any guesses?

D

Mrs Fruity
04.04.2003, 10:23
Freedom's due for a rerun, isn't it?

HBB
04.04.2003, 11:24
I find it really strange, going from Indian Summer to Cherchebi to Celestial Prospect

And I thought the music was supposed to get HARDER as you went up :D

You think that you're funny steve, you're only a sop :P

I reckon they should bring back Oceans, don't you think that we've played it enough! :D

SuicidalBennyBoy! :D

BoozyBTrom
04.04.2003, 12:18
heard some very dubious rumours that it could be 2 movements from the planets for the open.

Not 100% convinced myself

Darth_Tuba
04.04.2003, 12:30
I heard a rumour it would be Judges....

BoozyBTrom
04.04.2003, 12:32
I heard a rumour it would be Judges....

Thats a rumour every year.

The person who gave me this information ( who will remain nameless for fear of death ) correctly prodicted Prauge, Enigma Variations and Maunsell forts. so e will see. A rumour can never be a reliable source.

geordiecolin
07.04.2003, 14:06

mmmm, why haven't our illustrious commitee informed us of our whereabouts. i'd be interested to see.

Oh, well done Long Eaton! One less non 4th section band in the 4th section next year! :lol:

satchmo shaz
07.04.2003, 17:03
just had a look you are 6th in the table :wink: not bad eh!!

geordiecolin
07.04.2003, 17:05
just had a look you are th in the table :wink: not bad eh!!

nooo don't do that to me.

"th" doesn't really help.

4th or 5th or 6th or 7th or 8th or 9th or 10th or 11th or 12th etc...........????? :evil:

geordiecolin
07.04.2003, 17:09
Did you edit your post or was i being ridiculously glaky??!!!

Cheers anyway

satchmo shaz
07.04.2003, 17:12
ha ha!!,............ no I had number lock on and didnt notice at 1st!

geordiecolin
07.04.2003, 17:30
or is that

and didn't notice at st!

:lol: :lol:

satchmo shaz
07.04.2003, 23:31
bout right4 me!! :)

imthemaddude
14.05.2003, 21:13
can anyone post the new 4th and 3rd section grading tables for the midlands?

Roger Thorne
14.05.2003, 23:23
We are still waiting for more talbes to be submitted but the majority are now in. We will publish them in the very near future.

TheMusicMan
15.05.2003, 09:39
Actually... having checked all the files I have received to-date, I have the full (all sections) tables for the Midlands and the North East regions. Apologies for not asking sooner but I thought I had more than this!

If anyone has any more tables for their area please can you forward them on to me at john@themouthpiece.com and I'll get them published here on tMP ASAP...

Thanks...

yorkie19
15.05.2003, 15:51
Freedom's due for a rerun, isn't it?

But in which section?

iancwilx
04.06.2003, 12:11
Any chance of the Yorkshire grading tables being posted ?
It will be interesting to see the ups and downs in the Top Section.
(We don't normally have downs, just ups - by year 2015 all the Yorkshire Bands will be Top Section !!!!!!!!)