PDA

View Full Version : kerwintootle on Listen to the Band

John Brooks
25.01.2004, 03:01
Well done kerwintootle; I heard your performance via the Internet; outstanding. :D

Friday 23rd January 2004
Third Programme of 'Brass in Concert' from Spennymoor

title: ‘Gethsemane’
artist: Scottish Co-op Band/Soprano Cornet Soloist: Alexandra Kerwin
composer: Andrew Lloyd Webber
publisher: Musikverlag Frank, Switzerland
arranger: Ray Farr

Kerwintootle
25.01.2004, 16:11
Thanks very much John. It is a very tricky solo for the sop that starts on a low g. Then there's some fireworks in the middle. Hard enough just to play the solo but Nick Childs also wanted me to walk around the stage and play in different positions of the stage and without music. Phew! Now. where is the icon of someone blowing their own trumpet? :oops:

Aidan
25.01.2004, 23:23
own trumpet well deserved :)

Sam Atherton
30.01.2004, 15:40
Blimey. Just heard it on the internet - absolutely corking! Definitely worth blowing your own trumpet, and sop, and cornet about, I'd say! :D

AJSOP
02.02.2004, 15:51
Thanks very much John. It is a very tricky solo for the sop that starts on a low g. Then there's some fireworks in the middle. Hard enough just to play the solo but Nick Childs also wanted me to walk around the stage and play in different positions of the stage and without music. Phew! Now. where is the icon of someone blowing their own trumpet? :oops:

Yea not an easy one. Played it through with the band a couple months ago. Very good to straighten out the lower register at the start though :lol: Not a bad solo though