PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to everyone at your Area's ....

TheMusicMan
26.02.2003, 23:28
Hi Everyone

I would just like to say to everyone here on theMouthPiece.com that I send you all my very best wishes and the very best of luck in the upcoming Regional qualifiers. We would all love to win, but as long as we all do our best, 'play our brains out' and enjoy the experience is what really matters. :D

Good luck to every band competing, and to you all as individuals... thanks also to you all for your on-going support here at theMouthPiece... I couldn't do it without you all :tup

long live theMouthPiece.com ... :D

John

satchmo shaz
27.02.2003, 00:10
thanks john....... once again great site !! :tup

Roger Thorne
27.02.2003, 00:47
Thanks John,

Good luck with yours too.

Are you playing or waving !

:wink:

Baldeagle
27.02.2003, 02:04
Hi all, will see you at the 3rd Section area at Burton. Best of luck to all. :lol:
Ray Ward
Eb Bass Carlton Brass (Nottingham)

BoozyBTrom
27.02.2003, 09:24
Good luck to all taking part over the next month or so. i hope that your respective performances warrant a trip to the bar and curry house later.

and Remember Win or Loose its the getting beered up that counts

Keppler
27.02.2003, 11:07
Good luck from across the water.. our nationals aren't until April, so we've another couple of weeks to get all the mistakes in the right order..

dyl
27.02.2003, 11:28
Good luck everyone. We've got a couple of weeks till ours.

rutty
27.02.2003, 13:09
Hi all, will see you at the 3rd Section area at Burton. Best of luck to all. :lol:
Ray Ward
Eb Bass Carlton Brass (Nottingham)
About time you signed up Ray :wink:

Good luck everyone, you'll see me and Ray in the bar. Hopefully after we've played :wink:

sparkling_quavers
27.02.2003, 17:28
Good luck to all that are playing/supporting over the next few weekends. Go on that stage and play you best. It is easy to say that it is 'the taking part that counts'. I wouldn't say that that statement is true or untrue! Doing well is important! Alot of hard work goes into contesting but at the end of the day you could go on that stage and play your socks off and you still may get a 'bad' placement. Sometimes I think contest results need to be taken with a pinch of salt. They are much more important things in banding such as 'band community spirit'. There is alot of truth in 'a band that plays well together socially will play well together musically!'. We cannot all go and win at contests every time (there will always be winners and losers!) but we can all make the effort to get along with our collegues which should in-turn (in theory) help performances at contests. Therefore this is another brilliant excuse for post-contest bonding sessions in the bar!

cornetgirl
27.02.2003, 18:34
Good luck everybody!

May your parts for Prague be error-free (fat chance!) and all your notes in the right place at the right time! Let's hope the adjudicators smile on us all!!!

And failing that - may you all drink plentifully and not be hungover!

Rach x

You wanna blow my what?
27.02.2003, 18:36
Well our band - being a 2nd section band - don't have to play prague heheheh :D

I have quit drinking :D *so proud of myself* and after last year - I'm not drinking anyway! Long story...!

but yes! good luck to everyone!

HBB
02.03.2003, 17:31
Well our band - being a 2nd section band - don't have to play prague heheheh :D

I have quit drinking :D *so proud of myself* and after last year - I'm not drinking anyway! Long story...!

but yes! good luck to everyone!

Wot do you think of Celestial Prospect "You wanna blow my wot" (btw. nice name!).

aren't you glad ur not a solo cornet player like me eh!!!

You wanna blow my what?
02.03.2003, 23:02
Celestial Prospect.....hmmm. It's easy enough if you think about what you're doing......and just concentrate. I only saw the 1st horn part for the first time today.....I've been playing solo horn, and our solo horn decided to come to rehearsal today.

dyl
03.03.2003, 10:04
Celestial Prospect.....hmmm. It's easy enough if you think about what you're doing......and just concentrate. I only saw the 1st horn part for the first time today.....I've been playing solo horn, and our solo horn decided to come to rehearsal today.

What band do you play for?

HBB
03.03.2003, 10:53

What band do you play for?

Obviously one we can't pronounce :D:D:D :P:P:P :roll: :roll:

dyl
03.03.2003, 11:11
Obviously one we can't pronounce :D:D:D :P:P:P :roll: :roll:

:?: :roll: :x :roll: :?:

sparkling_quavers
03.03.2003, 11:11
Good Luck to everyone who is still left to compete. Namely the 4th Section Midlands Area on Sunday. I would like to wish everyone well especially Matlock, Long Eaton and obviously Dronfield. Lets hope we can all do the local area proud!! :D

BoozyBTrom
03.03.2003, 11:13
Well A Few Shock results on Prauge. Wonder If the Trend will continue throught the rest of the Areas to come.

billbrass
03.03.2003, 13:43
:( was anyone at the yorkshire regionals surely i am reading wrong Black dyke in the bottom three what happened ,I am devastated that my fav band finished down there ,someone please tell me it is a mistake,

from a very down billbrass

Di B
03.03.2003, 13:47
Good Luck to everyone who is still left to compete. Namely the 4th Section Midlands Area on Sunday. I would like to wish everyone well especially Matlock, Long Eaton and obviously Dronfield. Lets hope we can all do the local area proud!! :D

Cheers chuck! :D Hopefully we will all do well! *crosses fingers*

satchmo shaz
03.03.2003, 17:09
yes thanks mi duck I like to see local NEMBBA bands do well, especially when they support their local association :wink:
It will be great when Bestwood are contesting again.......anytime I can help as a player or MD just give us a call
cheers shaz x

HBB
03.03.2003, 17:52
:( was anyone at the yorkshire regionals surely i am reading wrong Black dyke in the bottom three what happened ,I am devastated that my fav band finished down there ,someone please tell me it is a mistake,

from a very down billbrass

Yeah - its true - you'll have to be a very loyal supporter to continue supporting them (LOL!!), nah - I'm sure they'll get back up there with the best of them! :P:P:D:D:D

HBB
03.03.2003, 17:54
Well A Few Shock results on Prauge. Wonder If the Trend will continue throught the rest of the Areas to come.

I'm not sure if I want it to continue or not. Ours isn't going brilliantly, so it could be really cool, but if you've really got it good, the shocking results could be a bit of a bummer :(:(:D:D

HBB
03.03.2003, 17:56

and the 2nd section of the L&SC tournaments ! :P:P:P:P (o' course she thinkgs :?: :?: :D)

sparkling_quavers
03.03.2003, 18:02
It will be great when Bestwood are contesting again.......anytime I can help as a player or MD just give us a call
cheers shaz x

hey shaz,

I have it in writing now! :wink:

rutty
03.03.2003, 18:28
You must be single then Shaz? :wink:

Aidan
03.03.2003, 18:49
Yeah - its true - you'll have to be a very loyal supporter to continue supporting them (LOL!!), nah - I'm sure they'll get back up there with the best of them! :P:P:D:D:D

I think someone worked out the other day a scenario that if they get dodgy results in the next 2 or 3 years, and certain other bands get good results, they will be demoted to 1st section :D mwhahahah that would be a laff!

satchmo shaz
03.03.2003, 18:54
You must be single then Shaz? :wink: no not single but my whole family all 9 of us play in brass bands!....... well all in Long Eaton.......... its the only time I'm ever in charge of em all.......... even then I'm not sure............. the youngest 6year old nephew george said he should keep the time as he was the drummer!! flippin cheek :lol:

satchmo shaz
03.03.2003, 18:57
cheers shaz x

hey shaz,

I have it in writing now! :wink: well I spent 10 years with bestwood on and off! and dont like to see anyone strugglin! :wink:

sparkling_quavers
03.03.2003, 19:12
yep me neither! Thanks for the offer. I will keep you in mind :D

HBB
03.03.2003, 20:15

I think someone worked out the other day a scenario that if they get dodgy results in the next 2 or 3 years, and certain other bands get good results, they will be demoted to 1st section :D mwhahahah that would be a laff!

Who sits and works these things out!????!?