PDA

View Full Version : Bass Trombone Solo??

BoozyBTrom
25.02.2003, 13:31
Hi There.

Does anyone know of or have a copy of the Bass Trombone solo "Moon Dance".

its the Van Morrison track.

i heard it played by a band in concert a few years ago but they wouldnt pass a copy my way.

Sadly I do not know the arranger. Bit vague really but if any one could help me in the hunt I would be very greatful.

YABBGB
13.04.2003, 23:49
I'm not aware of Moondance having been done as a solo with Brass Band.

I know, and play it, as a Big Band solo.

The original was written for the Paul Cacia Big Band (West Coast USA) and recorded by Russ Yoon on their CD entitled A Portrait in Time. The CD is out of publication now however copies can still be purchased from a distributor on Ebay.com.

I've recently recorded it on CD with the Steve King Big Band based in the West Midlands ( www.stevekingbigband.freeserve.co.uk) .

I would also be very interested to know whether this has been transcribed for Brass Band.

regards
Richard Batten

Roger Thorne
14.04.2003, 01:03
Does anyone know of or have a copy of the Bass Trombone solo "Moon Dance".

I heard it played by a band in concert a few years ago but they wouldnt pass a copy my way.

I wonder why - illegal arrangement perhaps!

:shock:

BoozyBTrom
14.04.2003, 09:17
I would also be very interested to know whether this has been transcribed for Brass Band.

I have heard a brass band play it. So it is out there. But not been able to get my hands on it.

But many thanks for the extra information

Bones
14.04.2003, 09:21
Gareth,

I may be able to help you in tracking this down, email me on richard_walker@mail.com

Cheers

Rich

BoozyBTrom
14.04.2003, 09:28
Will do. Nice one Rich.