PDA

View Full Version : Rehearsal space for the nationals?

flug_gal
03.06.2009, 00:04
Hi, just looking for a bit of advice really, we at YWDBand have happily qualified for the national finals in the second section, having not been there for a *cough* few years, and with a relatively young committee, we were looking at the arrangements and discussing space for a blow through on the Saturday morning before the draws and realised we weren't quite sure of the procedures for warm-up spaces and stuff, (coming from London, so we can't really do a Friday run through).
I was just wondering what the other folks were planning, is there space at the venue, or are we all going to be in a bundle for local churches?
Any advice would more than welcome, and much appreciated, cheers :tup

FlugelD
03.06.2009, 00:20
There's warm-up space at the venue, but a bit echo-ey.

For a pre-warm-up rehearsal, time permitting, contact Harrogate band - if they can't fit you in to their bandroom, I'm pretty sure they'll point you in the right direction.

(We've been twice in the past 10 years or so, and have found the locals to be friendly and helpful!;))

Mesmerist
03.06.2009, 01:18
Whoops thanks for the reminder - we need to sort that out as well!

michellegarbutt
03.06.2009, 07:36
We hired Tewit Youth's bandroom last year. About 10/15 mins by bus from the venue. Very helpful , very reasonable and everything we needed or wanted provided

ploughboy
03.06.2009, 08:46
Harrogate High School have halls available over the weekend 17 per hour I believe. Less than 5 mins to venue on coach. PM me. . .

mxb59307
03.06.2009, 09:48
Can recommend Harrogate Band,

http://www.harrogateband.org/hg2008.htm

AmandaD
03.06.2009, 11:16
Which hotel are you staying at ? do they have a room you could use ? This can save trailing about, especially if you are playing in the morning.

Amanda.x.

flug_gal
03.06.2009, 16:00
Many thanks for all the suggestions, our concerts manager is on the case ;)

Which hotel are you staying at ? do they have a room you could use ? This can save trailing about, especially if you are playing in the morning.

Amanda.x.

We're staying in Goulde for a couple of reasons, family locations, nice pub ect, but it's about an hour away I think and as much as the Yorkshire folk support brass bands, a rehearsal at 7:30am whilst they're trying to snooze would probably lessen that support, I'd be all for it though - I imagine being chased onto the coach by men in flatcaps with pitchforks :tongue: