PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Final - Rome 2009

jasdrum
26.05.2009, 12:47
Who do you think is going to win? and Whats the score going to be?

I predict the score will be;

Barcalona 3 - 1 Man Utd

matthetimp
26.05.2009, 17:59
MU 3-0 Barc

dyl
26.05.2009, 19:57
Barca 3 Man Ure 0

Chris Sanders
27.05.2009, 00:28
3-2 either way...

Paddy Power himself couldnt decide and neither can I.#

I hope for a Barca win.

Red Elvis
27.05.2009, 11:00
Barca win 3-1. Rooney sent off after getting into another petulant rage and hopefully Ronaldo carded after diving all over the shop . That and watching the plastic cockney reds down here getting all steamed up will make for a perfect night !! :) I'll be in a Barca shirt laughing loudly !! :)

Anyway , who needs CL football when we can go away to Huddersfield again next season !! ? Got to be a better trip than Valencia :)
( Thats for you 2md !! )

agentorange
27.05.2009, 17:14
I'll be at band....:(

Aurora771
27.05.2009, 20:34
Anyone watching the game on TV? Well, Man Utd aren't playing brilliantly. They need to substitute Carrick. He's giving the ball away and slowing down play, and missing passes that would open up the game.

themusicalrentboy
27.05.2009, 21:51
Man U were totally outplayed. When they had the ball (apart from the first 10 minutes) they were ineffective, sloppy and very poor. Barca were imperious throughout and the scoreline probably should have been more one-sided.

Aurora771
27.05.2009, 21:56
I agree. Very poor performance by Man Utd. I felt several key men just didn't play to their potential tonight, and well the Champions League final is when you need to see it.

Not disregarding Barcelona, who played quick and precise football and deserve the victory. If only the time wasting and dramatics at the end were fewer.

bbg
27.05.2009, 22:05
Much vaunted Man U...........basically didn't get a kick in the second half, missed Fletcher as Carrick likes to play further forward so his attempts at "World Cup" passes just weren't coming off at all.

Thoroughly deserved Barca win.

dyl
27.05.2009, 22:11
Barca 3 Man Ure 0

Ooh - so close!

Chris Sanders
27.05.2009, 23:34
Its 11:30 and txts ive already seen are;

It all went a bit messi didnt it? pity you cant afford him with your debt!!!

What big and red and goes Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep? Uniteds parade bus reversing back into the garage.

ITV have announced Britains Got Talent is to be axed... It is being replaced with 'Spains Got Some Bl**dy Class Talent'"

FOR SALE: 40,000 Man Utd Final flags - good as new, only been waved for 8 minutes!

NEWSFLASH: The Met Office has issued a flood warning for the Northwest, as Millions of Scousers and City fans cannot stop p***ing themselves.

Swine Flu Update: 30,000 travelling Brits believed to be pig sick in Rome.

themusicalrentboy
27.05.2009, 23:40
Its 11:30 and txts ive already seen are;

It all went a bit messi didnt it?

:clap::clap::clap:

Red Elvis
28.05.2009, 10:30
Oh Happy Day !! :)

What a joy seeing the red filth totally outplayed and outclassed . Did they even turn up ?

Highlight for me was seeing my local empty faster than a fast-emptying thing on the dot of the final whistle as all the plastic reds did one. Large amounts of us were cheering for Barca anyway !! :)

NOLONGERCURIOUS
28.05.2009, 10:52
As I told my bereft Man utd supporting son last night ( who has berated me for being a Tottenham fan for years) it's lucky Barcelona couldn't get half their normal side on the pitch!

Aurora771
28.05.2009, 11:14
Non-Man Utd supporters, would you rather see them lose the Champions League than see an English team win the tournament?

My family are traditionally Rangers supporters, (although we don't really follow it anymore because Scottish football is frustrastingly bad), but we'd rather Celtic won the UEFA a few years ago than Porto.

Threads like 'What football team do you hate' worry me slightly... it's only a game and I'm sure there is the same amount of filth in everyone's squad.

manx_yessir
06.06.2009, 19:12
Non-Man Utd supporters, would you rather see them lose the Champions League than see an English team win the tournament?

YES!! I'm perfectly happy seeing Man Ure lose the Champion's League thanks. I'd rather ANY team from anywhere esle in the world won it!