James McFadyen
09.09.2003, 15:06
Edit: For current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Tullis Russell Mills is currently in need of

Tenor Trombones
Tenor Horn
Percussion
Bb Bass

Contact me at jamesmcfadyen2001@hotmail.com and i'll pass on your details at the next rehersal.

James McFadyen
09.09.2003, 15:09
Tullis Russell Mills Band is located in the Tullis Russell Papermakers Mill in Markinch, Glenrothes in Fife.

James McFadyen
03.10.2003, 03:57
We @ Tullis Russell Mills Band need your help to fill these seats!!!!!!!!!!!

Principle Cornet
Solo Cornet
Tenor Trombone
2nd Cornet
3rd Cornet
Percussion

pm me to find out more. We are a Scottish band in Markinch, Fife who are now in 3rd Section (despite winnng the 2nd section at Troon!) but plan to go back into 2nd Section next year, we need your help to do this!!

You can visit the Band's website at www.tullisrussellmillsband.org

Dave1
23.01.2004, 16:32
It looks as though we have filled the spot for principal cornet - whew !
Bass section looking good now, but still could really do with a tenor trombone for the Scottish area on Vizcaya.
Anyone out these who can help. Contact us through www.tullisrussellmillsband.org

Many thanks
Dave Neil Conductor

Lauradoll
25.01.2004, 17:39
Tullis Russel or Tullis Russell???? :wink:

bruceg
26.01.2004, 12:09
Tullis Russel or Tullis Russell???? :wink:

TRMB ;)

bruceg
03.02.2004, 15:49
Tullis Russell Mills Band urgently need to sign a principal cornet player to play at the regionals in Motherwell in March. The cut off date for signing / transfer is at the end of next week so, if you're out there and interested please get in touch either by calling 07740 337621 or emailing trmb@hotmail.com

Roger Thorne
03.02.2004, 16:46
Not wishing to be rude, but what happened to the one you signed last week?

Bass section looking good now, but still could really do with a tenor trombone for the Scottish area on Vizcaya.
Anyone out these who can help. Contact us through www.tullisrussellmillsband.org

Many thanks
Dave Neil Conductor

:?

Lauradoll
04.02.2004, 10:29
Not wishing to be rude, but what happened to the one you signed last week?

Many thanks
Dave Neil Conductor

:?

Lol!! :D :D

bruceg
04.02.2004, 10:48
Thanks for your support Laura.

Dave1
04.02.2004, 10:50
What can I say - such is brass bands at this time of year. The one we had last week is doing us a favour but if we can find a permanent one he would be much happier. So, the hunt goes on.
Glad someone's looking at this though - shame your not available.??

bruceg
04.02.2004, 10:59
Laura's a baritone player Dave so not much use at the present time given that we're fully stocked in that department. If she ever tires of the English Championship section then... :D

Lauradoll
04.02.2004, 11:02
What can I say - such is brass bands at this time of year. The one we had last week is doing us a favour but if we can find a permanent one he would be much happier. So, the hunt goes on.
Glad someone's looking at this though - shame your not available.??

I wasn't laughing at the fact you had no top man Dave, just at Roger's post. If I could play the cornet I'd be more than happy to help if I was available, having once been a Tullis Russell player myself. I played back row on rememberance day and will be remembered for the wrong reasons I'm afraid!!! Good luck, hope you find your player Dave!!

bruceg
04.02.2004, 11:06
My apologies :( Stress, etc, and other excuses ;)

By the way, what were the wrong reasons that you'll be remembered for? Or do I have to ask around...

nw
08.02.2004, 18:29
I was the Principal Cornet Player that Tullis Russell were to sign last week, unfortunatly the return to tullis was cut short by my sons increasing health problems.
There has been so much rumours flying around Fife that i hope this will stop tongues wagging and let my wife and i concentrate on our son.
I had many happy years previously with Tullis and hopefully in time i will return to the brass banding world.
I wish Tullis Russell all the best and hope they secure a player for the coming scottish championships.

Neil Wallace

satchmo shaz
08.02.2004, 19:46
I hope your son gets better :wink: and that Tullis get their cornet player!, :wink:

there's only 2 things come before band and thats family and work......... and even that takes second place sometimes!!

best wishes

nw
09.02.2004, 00:58
Thankyou satchmo shaz

James McFadyen
09.02.2004, 11:02
Here, here Shaz!! :wink: :wink: :lol:

It is a pitty u can't play for Tullis now, u are a fab principle cornet player, as was Alec!

:lol:

Lauradoll
09.02.2004, 13:38
It is a pitty u can't play for Tullis now, u are a fab principle cornet player, as was Alec!

:lol:

Yep,
I agree with that!! and a right good laugh as well. Your wife's a hoot an all. Hope you're all ok x

asteria
09.02.2004, 14:28
By the way, what were the wrong reasons that you'll be remembered for? Or do I have to ask around...
Laura made a quality attempt at 3rd cornet and parped away like a trouper when we helped out a struggling local band. Made me laugh cos all i could hear from the cornet section was Laura 'um-chucking'! Even funnier was getting to the end and an old guy on front row saying 'oh, i was playing the wrong march!'!!
Sorry, off topic, good luck to your band finding a principal!

bruceg
09.02.2004, 14:51
He he he :) Someone handed me a B flat bass part once and I was quarter way into the march before I realised why it sounded so bad :) I had to steal a second horn part and um-chuck with them for the rest of the march - confused the hell out of our principal bass!

As for nw, James is right when he says he's a damn fine principal (as was eckyboy ;) ). Hope everything works out well in the very near future Neil for you Karen and the kids (I know they're too big to be called kids). You know how to get in touch if you fancy a non-banding-related chat ;)

niknakewok
09.02.2004, 21:33
Can we kinda keep this to the topic please? I check it everyday and get excited, and lo and behold, theres no messages from cornet players wishing to sign! Just idle chit-chat, its not really relevant is it??

If there are principal cornet players out there looking to sign with TR then please email me at trmb@hotmail.com Bruce is out of the country at the mo so im not sure if his mobile works abroad!
:)
Cheers!

Nicola
TRMB Secretary

eckyboy
09.02.2004, 22:12
Hi Laura! When u comin up? If your popping into TR then i'll try to come to the rehersal to say hello! You want us to buy cymbals!??!?! Good golly - you know how hard it is for us even to buy a round of drinks! :lol: Buying new cymbals would really push the boat out! :P

Nik
xxx
and how does that help John get his cymbals :lol:
good luck anyway and all the best for the areas

James McFadyen
09.02.2004, 23:48
I'll play principle! It's got to be easier than my part!!! Can anybody say letter W! :cry:

I do like my trumpety bit, so, na, I'll stick to rep! :wink:

bruceg
10.02.2004, 03:13
If there are principal cornet players out there looking to sign with TR then please email me at trmb@hotmail.com Bruce is out of the country at the mo so im not sure if his mobile works abroad!
:)
Cheers!

Nicola
TRMB Secretary

I can confirm that my mobile number works just fine out here in Colorado so feel free to text or call with offers of help but bear in mind we're 7 hours behind out here if you decide to call during the morning (UK time) - you might get a very sleepy reply ;)

Dave1
26.03.2004, 12:39
Tenor Trombone - Euphonium/Baritone - Eb/Bb Bass all required . Rehearsals are Mon & Thursday 7.45pm at Tullis Russell Papermill in Glenrothes.

All welcome for a blow anytime

Contact Dave Neil at dneil@proscon.co.uk or through the website
www.tullisrussellmillsband.org

Dave1
19.04.2004, 14:14
Can I add on a principal cornet as well please.

Many thanks - all welcome :lol:

Dave1
14.05.2004, 10:44
I am pleased to report that the principal cornet seat has been filled. This now gives us a full cornet section. Also filled is the Eb bass chair so we are going in the right direction.

***Still needed is - Euph/Bari, Bb Bass and Tenor trombone*****

Please if you are in Fife and not playing then come along.

Moy
14.05.2004, 22:16
Pleased to see you are filling up with players David.
If you ever need a hand with gigs please ask.
I know how difficult it is especially during the summer period.
3 of us travelled down to Perth to help out Clackmannan so Fife would be no problem.

eckyboy
15.05.2004, 12:32
Thanks Moira--echo Daves comments about anyone not playing to think about picking it back up.Great social life in the band too.

eckyboy
23.05.2004, 19:48
Would like to say also that transport need not be a problem for the younger players as we have members who travel from all corners of Fife who would gladly give people a lift.

Lauradoll
24.05.2004, 11:28
When's your website going to work again? It's been being updated for a while now!! :D

bruceg
24.05.2004, 14:03
Pressures of work :( It'll be getting some work done on it real soon though now that I have a computer again...

eckyboy
25.05.2004, 02:10
About time too :wink:

Dave1
08.06.2004, 10:50
Well - I don't want to shoot myself in the foot but here goes.
We have filled the baritone and euphonium section, as said we have a new Eb bass and a principal cornet.

PLEASE - any trombone players sitting at home in the fife area come along for a blow.

That's all we need now for a full band. :lol:

eckyboy
16.06.2004, 18:13
Do any of the young cornet players want some experience then please come along too,also still need those trombones.busy summer coming up so get along and join in the fun :lol:

eckyboy
22.06.2004, 13:09
Just got the website running again.Basic but a start.Vacancies are on it and contact details.

eckyboy
29.06.2004, 19:15
We desperately need trombone players to complete the line up of our band.We are currently 3rd section due to a bad year but the band is looking to move up again.Please feel free to access us through our website or online forum.
http://forum.tullisrussellmillsband.org/ our forum
http://tullisrussellmillsband.org/ our website

AlanD
16.07.2004, 17:42
There has to be trombone players out there somewhere is Scotland looking for a good, friendly band to play with! Things are really looking up for us at the moment all we need are the trombone players!!

Alan Douglas
Solo Baritone
Tullis Russell Mills Band 2004

eckyboy
08.08.2004, 18:50
Like to add that we are close to St. andrews for any students looking for a band and anyone else who fancies a blow in a friendly band.

eckyboy
07.10.2004, 12:18
We are looking for trombone players of any standard to play in our band for the forthcoming contest season.We are based in Glenrothes,Fife and can usually arrange transport.Interested then contact us, Tullis Russell Mills Band.The website is on my signature.
Cheers
Alec Wilson

Dave1
16.11.2004, 15:22
Tullis Russell Mills Band in Glenrothes, Fife still require tenor trombones for complete an otherwise full band. 2004 contests now over and the next is the area on TamO'Shanter. A superb testpiece featuring lots of trombone.

Have a look at www.trmb.org and come along for a blow.
Many thanks.

Dave1
22.12.2004, 15:26
We're still looking - can anyone out there help. Trombones are a necessity.

lister89
26.12.2004, 21:04
Can't help but good luck :) Mary'll do you proud, shes fab :)

eckyboy
02.01.2005, 21:21
I'll try and shout louder for some Trombones Dave
"PLEASE"

Lauradoll
06.01.2005, 10:07
What's wrong with all your links on your web site?

johnmartin
06.01.2005, 11:47
They've got java applets driving them so you must have a java enabled browser. As well as that, if it's your first visit you must allow them time to compile before clicking the link otherwise you get diverted to a nice java page.

Lauradoll
06.01.2005, 12:42
Just wondered as it worked before Christmas and this is the 1st time I've tried since being back. Same computer and same softwear. Bizarre!!

eckyboy
06.01.2005, 23:58
Going to take the java applet off tommorow, thanks for letting me know about the problem, appreciated.

eckyboy
13.01.2005, 12:45
Desperate plea for any bone players to complete our band or we wont make the Championships. Tam O Shanter is a great piece for the bones.Please contact me at
eckwilson@btinternet.com or phone 01334 655832

Edit: Threads merged - please try and keep all your updates in the one thread - it'll make things a lot easier for both yourselves to track any replies, and for any interested players to know the current state of vacancies. Thanks and good luck in your search. (dyl)

eckyboy
18.01.2005, 13:43
Positions are now filled after a year and a full band for the Areas(first time for ages and a strong one too-hopefully). Thanks for putting up with me constantly harrassing trombone players.

PeterBale
18.01.2005, 14:09
Well done Alec (and tMP ;) ) and good luck for the Areas :)

eckyboy
18.01.2005, 19:41
Thanks again to tMP, keep up the good work and keep banding alive

eckyboy
24.03.2005, 23:03
Tullis Russell Mills Band require the services of a conductor/MD for our busy contesting & engagement calendar. We just missed out on promotion by one point at this years area so are a 3rd section band based in Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland. We rehearse on a Monday & Thursday evening.
email secretary@trmb.co.uk or pm me on this forum.

gavinlindsay
14.04.2005, 22:09
are you still looking for an md?
i am available for contests and concerts if you would like to give me a call.
home no. is 0141 848 1543.
e-mail is gavlindsay@lycos .com

eckyboy
16.04.2005, 19:00
Hi Gavin, I should have posted to say we have Peter Ratnik talking us to the next 2 contests and Richard Sharp as our resident.

eckyboy
14.05.2005, 21:17
Tullis Russell Mills Band (3rd Section) need players of any standard and any instrument (supplied) to help take the band forward and help us fulfill our busy engagement schedule. Rehearsals are Thursday nights at 7.30 in Glenrothes at present but will revert back to include Mondays after the summer season. Please pm me or visit the website and leave a few details.

Sharpy
26.07.2005, 08:39
Tullis Russel Mills Band, 3rd Section, have vacancies for Solo and Back row Cornets, Tenor Trombones, BBb Bass and a Kit Player.

The band are based in Glenrothes, Fife and rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays from 7.45pm.

All other players are welcome too, especially any students from Edinburgh of St, Andrews who may be coming to study.

For more info email me at richard.sharp69@tiscali.co.uk or phone me on 07984450706.

Cheers!

Sharpy

AlanD
27.07.2005, 15:40
all players are welcome see come along!

AlanD
02.08.2005, 22:07
Hey everyone, we are still looking for at least one tenor trombone at the moment and a few cornet players. Any intrests please emails me at tullisrussellmillsband@hotmail.co.uk

alan

AlanD
02.09.2005, 22:30
Tullis Russell Mills Band currently looking for a couple of cornet players and a horn player, we are a 3rd section band based in Glenrothes in fife. The band have a few contest and concerts planned over the next few months, and all players are welcome.

Anyone who is intrested please contact me on 07890165109 or email me at tulllisrussellmillsband@hotmail.co.uk

Alan Douglas
TRMB

AlanD
09.10.2005, 15:49
3rd section scottish band, based in Glenrothes are looking for a horn player to complete line up. Anyone intrested please email me on tullisrussellmillsband@hotmail.co.uk

AlanD
06.11.2005, 14:24
After a number of new signings Tullis Russell Mills Bands are still currently looking for a horn player to complete their line up. We are a friendly 3rd Section band based in Glenrothes if Fife, and are doors are open to anyone intrested in playing with the band. If you are intrested in coming to the band please to not hesitate to contact my at tullisrussellmillsband@hotmail.co.uk

Sharpy
23.05.2006, 08:43
Tullis Russell Mills Band based in Glenrothes are looking for players to strengthen the band for its upcoming trip to the Nationals in Harrogate.

We are looking for Soprano, Tenor Trombones, Baritone and a Euphonium player. But we will welcome any other players who would like to come along.

Alan Morrison has been secured again for the National Contest and the band will be graded Second Section as of next year. Also a CD recording is in the pipeline too.

For more information please PM or email me at richardj.sharp@btinternet.com or phone me on 07702707103.

Cheers!

Sharpy

AlanD
31.05.2006, 15:11
We are a friendly band and on the look out for any players of any standard.

National Finals will be a lot of fun, so if you fnacy going drop us a line!

Alan

AlanD
31.05.2006, 15:11
We are a friendly band and on the look out for any players of any standard.

National Finals will be a lot of fun, so if you fnacy going drop us a line!

Alan

AlanD
20.12.2006, 15:32
At Tullis Russell Mills Band all we want for Xmas (and beyond) is a solo trombone player!

It would be the best Xmas presant anyone can give us...

We are a 2nd section band based in Glenrothes, Fife.

Anyone intrested in coming along for a blow, trombone or no, please feel free to contact me.

AlanD
06.05.2007, 21:43
Recruiting Now!

Tullis Russell Mills Band currently has some vacancies within the cornet section. We are currently seeking front and back row cornet players to attend the senior band. Practices are held on Monday and Thursday and start at 7.30pm at the Tullis Russell Training Centre, Glenrothes, Fife.

We would also welcome and other players who wish to come along for a blow, we are an adaptable band and always willing to give everyone an opportunity.

As well are the senior band’s vacancies we are currently seeking members for the youth band of all standards. The youth band provides free instruments and tuition for all. Please feel free to drop us a line if you would like to join the youth band.

Anyone interested in joining please email us at trmb@trmb.org.uk or visit www.trmb.org.uk

kerrydoll78
08.02.2008, 01:55
Scottish 2nd section Band of the Year Tullis Russell based in Glenrothes, Fife, are a friendly and sociable band who require Solo cornets, backrow cornets and horn players for their busy contesting year, and in 2009 a trip to Germany, though all players are welcome
We have recently purchased new instruments and uniforms and have excellent rehearsal facilities. Our practices take place on Monday and Thursdays from 7:30 - 9:30
We also have a junior/training band currently being run by resident conductor Gavin Lindsey.
If anyone is interested in joining our hardworking band please email Helen Patrick at trmb@hotmail.co.uk or PM myself, all enquiries will be dealt with in confidence
« Last Edit: Today at 19:14 by kerry (http://kingdombrass.proboards12.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&user=kerry) »

AlanD
24.01.2009, 19:45
The Tullis Russell Mills Band based in Glenrothes, Fife are currently looking to fill the Flugel & Solo Euphonium Seat.

We are a friendly and social band who know how to work hard.

We are currently working towards the Scottish Championships in March, where the band will be conducted by John Hinckley.

Anyone who is intrested please drop me a pm or call me on 07533853777

Al

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

AlanD
15.04.2009, 16:39
Tullis Russell Mills Band based in Glenrothes, Fife are current vacancies:

Solo Cornet
2nd Trombone
Bb Bass

Anyone who is intrested please feel free to contact me directly (07533853777) or email the band on trmb@hotmail.com

Al

AlanD
16.06.2009, 12:40
The Tullis Russell Mills Band have a vacancy for a Solo Euphonium Player.

Rehearsals are on Mondays and Thursdays from 7:30pm till 9:30pm in Markinch, Glenrothes.

Anyone interested should email us at tullisrussellmillsband@hotmail.co.uk

All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.

AlanD
01.11.2009, 14:00
The Tullis Russell Mills Band have vacancies for:

2nd Trombone
Eb Bass
Bb Bass

Rehearsals are on Mondays and Thursdays from 7:30pm till 9:30pm in Markinch, Glenrothes.

Anyone interested should email us at tullisrussellmillsband@hotmail.co.uk or calll me on 07533853777

All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence

For further details about out band visit www.trmb.co.uk

AlanD
03.04.2010, 13:06
Tullis Russell Mills Band
www.trmb.co.uk

Required:
The Tullis Russell Mills Band are currently looking to recruit a Soprano Cornet Player and a Flugel Player. We are a Second Section Band based in Glenrothes, Fife with a varied 2010 program of concerts and contests already booked.

Other instruments may also apply as we are always looking to improve our team and have players who will move to accomodate the right new players. Please apply in the first instance by calling 07533853777, all calls will be treated in confidence.

AlanD
09.05.2010, 15:50
Required:

Require a Resident Conductor. The band are currently in the Scottish Second Section with a full program of concerts and contests scheduled for 2010, Auditions for the post will be held around May/June.

The band rehearse on a Mon & Thurs evening in Glenrothes, Fife
Please apply in writing with a full CV, which can be uploaded via the bands website.

website www.trmb.co.uk

AlanD
30.08.2010, 16:19
Tullis Russell Mills Band would like to invite applicants for:

solo cornet players & soprano cornet

All benefits of a sponsored band available.

Anyone interested in applying please contact me on here or give me a call 07533853777

www.trmb.co.uk

AlanD
30.10.2010, 13:34
Tullis Russell Mills Band would like to invite applicants for:

Solo Euphonium

Anyone interested in applying please contact me on here or give me a call 07533853777

www.trmb.co.uk

AlanD
18.09.2011, 14:22
Tullis Russell Mills Band would like to invite applicants for dedicated:

Back row cornets
Baritones

www.trmb.co.uk

AlanD
17.10.2011, 14:31
Tullis Russell Mills Band would like to invite applicants for dedicated:

Cornet players (positions flexible)

www.trmb.co.uk

AlanD
30.03.2012, 19:42
Tullis Russell Mills Band have vacancies for a Solo Cornet player and also a full time percussionist.

Anyone intrested in applying please contact me on here or call me on 07533853777

www.trmb.co.uk

AlanD
23.05.2012, 14:08
Tullis Russell Mills Band still have vacancies for full time tutti Solo Cornet players.

Anyone intrested in applying please contact me on here or call me on 07533853777

www.trmb.co.uk

AlanD
11.06.2012, 13:47
Tullis Russell Mills Band still have vacancies for full time tutti Solo Cornet players. There has to be some out there somewhere!?

www.trmb.co.uk