PDA

View Full Version : National Youth Championships at the RNCM, Manchester

Delboy
15.02.2003, 18:30
Well done to JAG Mount Charles Youth who won the community section of the National Youth Finals today. (and playing off draw number 1)

:lol:

Derek Thomas
Chairman
JAG Mount Charles

Aidan
16.02.2003, 14:40
and in the premier section West Lothian took the honours...
Even though there was only 1 band member there and 4 others of us supporting her, hehe... the group winners photo was hilarious :D g'wan Kay !!!!
1. West Lothian
2. Rochdale
3. Greater Gwent
4. Dobcross Youth

In the school section Tapton won, taking the best instrumentalist prize too (nice one Tom :wink: ) and my old school band came 3rd.

1. Tapton school
2. Abraham Darby (i think)
3. Smithills

... not sure of the rest

was a good day in all... best moment when they announced the winners in the premier section, and preceded it with "i know when i announce the winner the room will go crazy with celebrations, so i'll thank everyone for coming now..." Then they announced West Lothian with 1 member present and 4 of us going bonkers near the back :D haha

IckleSop
17.02.2003, 00:00
YEYY!!!!!!
Stockport Schools Senior Brass Band Won the County Section
(dispite recieveing the wrong Cup Tut!!!)

Well done to all the bands in our section all well played and it was a great day and a speacial well done to Nick Walkley For Winning Best soloist.... wish i had a sound like his grumble........ :wink:

Becky Torrance

Aidan
24.02.2003, 13:02
hehe who was nick playin with...?
nice one hob-nob.. didnt see him there

IckleSop
24.02.2003, 18:18
Nick was playing Flugel with Worchester youth

Andy
06.03.2003, 09:28
Watch out for Northants County Youth Brass Band!
3rd last year and 2nd this year, things can only get better!

Cornetto
21.04.2003, 21:35
Well done to all the bands in our section all well played and it was a great day and a speacial well done to Nick Walkley For Winning Best soloist.... wish i had a sound like his grumble........ :wink:

Becky Torrance

:D hehe bless ya. ive just found my way on here... tis quite cool. didnt see you at rncm tho for nybb concert!! ah well. cheers for the mention,
cya soon x

Mr Nick :P

Aidan
21.04.2003, 22:02
ello nick..
took yer time to find this place :P
i wasnt there at rncm.. id rather have eaten my own arm tbh.. so i went to new zealand instead.. eee its a hard life ;)