PDA

View Full Version : My Sibelius Question ...

brassneck
14.11.2008, 23:17
I'm doing my preparation work for a cornet solo I have been asked to arrange for 'a certain person' and I like to transcribe the solo and piano parts to the programme. I cannot work out how to link crossover parts from bass to treble clefs or vice-versa. Sample of what's required is below. Can anybody help? Answers on the back of a postage stamp please :cool:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/kingseamus/sample.jpg

Jimmy_2121
14.11.2008, 23:36
select the bit you want in the other clef and then use ctrl+shift+uparrow or down arrow depending on which way you are moving it. This produces a cross staff beam is that what you wanted?

brassneck
14.11.2008, 23:39
select the bit you want in the other clef and then use ctrl+shift+uparrow or down arrow depending on which way you are moving it. This produces a cross staff beam is that what you wanted?

Ta for that! I'll certainly give it a shot. In the bass clef, I assume that the arpeggio will be voice one and would switch clefs easily?

Update:- It works! Cheers.

brassneck
14.11.2008, 23:55
... and erm, what about this one? :oops:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/kingseamus/sample2.jpg

Jimmy_2121
15.11.2008, 00:52
sorry never wanted to do that one so not sure!
Any reason that couldn't be written in two separate bass clefs?

brassneck
15.11.2008, 01:00
sorry never wanted to do that one so not sure!
Any reason that couldn't be written in two separate bass clefs?

No reason, but it raised my curiosity wondering how to emulate it! It's going to be an interesting piano part to score for band.

mikelyons
15.11.2008, 12:58
Is this more or less what you wanted, Tom? It's very simple:

Put the BC notes in the BC and then extend the stems upwards to match the TC notes.

mikelyons
15.11.2008, 12:59
OK, my question is : how do you insert an image in tMP without having to attach it?

brassneck
15.11.2008, 13:06
Is this more or less what you wanted, Tom? It's very simple:

Put the BC notes in the BC and then extend the stems upwards to match the TC notes.

- I'll give it a shot. Not really necessary for the task of arranging, but a worthwhile exercise in itself. It's not a very well written accompaniment. The pianist would have kittens untangling unnecessary accidentals thrown into this one! I think it's been set as a challenge to me more than anything else, lol!

brassneck
15.11.2008, 13:20
Thanks Mike. Only minor adjustments needed for the angle of the bar.

brassneck
15.11.2008, 14:54
OK, my question is : how do you insert an image in tMP without having to attach it?

I upload my images to Photobucket and link to them on tMP. :cool: :tup