PDA

View Full Version : Sibelius 5.2.5 mess

mikelyons
08.11.2008, 13:48
HI all,

I'm a bit stuck with sib 5.25. I can't get the update to work. Windows doesn't seem to recogniose the .msp filetype and I don't know what should be used to run it.

Has anyone got any ideas?

The Wherryman
08.11.2008, 14:57
HI all,

I'm a bit stuck with sib 5.25. I can't get the update to work. Windows doesn't seem to recogniose the .msp filetype and I don't know what should be used to run it.

Mike, I usually look on Google for inspiration when my PC plays up. Have a look here (http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm), there seems to be a downloadable fix available. BUT, I take no responsibility for this and suggest you create a restore point before you play about with it. Good luck.

mikelyons
08.11.2008, 19:38
Thanks Geoff. I sorted that out. The association as a windows patch file had gotten lost. The problem now is, although it appears to go through with the update, it isn't changing the version number! I hate sib 5! :hammer

brassneck
08.11.2008, 20:48

Oh, thanks for the info. Mike! I forgot to check for any updates. Mine installed without any hitches ... wondering what's meant by "better dynamics and sounds" ?? :cool: