PDA

View Full Version : 2007-2008 season: How's yours been?

Masterblaster jnr
12.05.2008, 13:44
Highlights, Lowlights, what made this season special for you.

Fergie=legend :p :p :p

Will the Sec
12.05.2008, 13:48
Middling. Destined for 10th place from well before Christmas!

andywooler
13.05.2008, 00:13
Middling. Destined for 10th place from well before Christmas!But finished on a high note - Spurs were below us, the blues didn't win the league and Reo-Coker's lot consigned to the Inter Toto. Could have been a lot worse!
+ Deano back in the England squad - Capello was at the Boleyn on Sunday b ut seemed to miss the quality that is England's No 6 & Hammer of the Year, Robert Green.

Bass Man
13.05.2008, 11:45
Considering how we were doing at the beginning of the season I'm just glad we didnt get relegated.

Beating the Mackems was a plus too! :tup

Red Elvis
16.05.2008, 10:33
Play off Finals for Leeds !!
We'll do Donny or the seasiders no problem !!

Marching on together back to the top !!!
Have It!!!!!

johnmartin
16.05.2008, 12:50
Still waiting to see. Rangers have got three must win games to go. Drop points in any of them and Celtic have one win for the title.

brassbandmaestro
17.05.2008, 00:26
Well, I think everybody knows what my teams season be like.

I am just wondering if we be getting yet another management change, after what Keegan said about not getting in the top 4, unless you have oooodles of cash, like those clubs do!!!

DublinBass
17.05.2008, 02:31
I'll let you know after May 21st!

johnmartin
17.05.2008, 19:29
Well Rangers duly dropped two points today they still have a game in hand but have to win it by eight goals to set up a winner take all last day on Thursday. Celtic only need to beat Dundee United to win the tilte.

Masterblaster jnr
21.05.2008, 23:54
Cmon United!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champions of europe once more

yorkie19
22.05.2008, 01:44
Nearly as good as it gets.

DublinBass
22.05.2008, 03:42
Watford out in the first round of playoffs, Chelsea with no silver...a bit disappointing. At least Columbus are off to a good start.

brassbandmaestro
22.05.2008, 08:12
I am glad that Man Utd won the Eurpean Champions league last night. Shame it had to go to penalties, though. Acompetion at this level, I always feel should never come to this situation. Perhaps the 'Goldern Goal', would be a better alternative.

Sopstar superstar
22.05.2008, 12:19
Huddersfield putting one over on the brummies, terriers, why don't you watch a proper sport like Rugby League, come on you Giants

DublinBass
22.05.2008, 12:26
I am glad that Man Utd won the Eurpean Champions league last night. Shame it had to go to penalties, though. Acompetion at this level, I always feel should never come to this situation. Perhaps the 'Goldern Goal', would be a better alternative.

I think that at 90 minutes they should cut down to 10v.10, at 105 min 9v.9 and at 120 8v.8

That'll help ensure there are some goals scored.

Chunky
22.05.2008, 12:56
I think that at 90 minutes they should cut down to 10v.10, at 105 min 9v.9 and at 120 8v.8

That'll help ensure there are some goals scored.

Not sure how that would help Pat. I appreciate it will create more space on a pitch, however quite often when its 11 v 10 the weakened side can shut up shop.

As for my teams season, just glad its over. Gutted that Huckerby has been released, but just hope that Glenn Roeder has a cunning plan!

johnmartin
22.05.2008, 13:53
but just hope that Glenn Roeder has a cunning plan!

Baldrick: I have a plan, sir.
Blackadder: Really, Baldrick. A cunning and subtle one?
Baldrick: Yes, sir.
Blackadder: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

:)

Chunky
22.05.2008, 15:09
Baldrick: I have a plan, sir.
Blackadder: Really, Baldrick. A cunning and subtle one?
Baldrick: Yes, sir.
Blackadder: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

:)

So true John, however I feel Roeder is more Blackadder and Lee Clark is more Baldrick!

Stephen Fry could of course reprise his many roles in Blackadder as he is a regular visitor to Carrow Road!

Delia could play Mrs Miggins and run a pie shop! My god a new series of Blackadder could be based around Norwich City! Blackadder V: The quest for the Premiership!

johnmartin
23.05.2008, 01:37
Champions again and it was the sweetest one. A Celtic win at Dundee Utd coupled with an 2-0 victory for Aberdeen over Rangers sees Celtic retain the championship to make it three in a row. Many people had written us off a few short weeks ago when Rangers had three games in hand and a potential 7 point lead. Rangers though dropped the points and Celtic won their last seven games to take the title. A title in rememberance of Tommy Burns.

brassbandmaestro
23.05.2008, 08:10
Well I thought what Celtic did for Tommy Burns was really great stuff!! RIP Tommy Burns.

2nd man down
25.05.2008, 22:26
Till doday, poor.

Lowlight - losing at Elland road 4-0 :(

Highlight - Beating Leeds in the return at the Galpharm 1-0 :biggrin:

All round best moment...watching Leeds stay in League 1 today, having fought back from 15 points down (unbelievably well it has to be said) at the start of the season, to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in the playoffs against Carlisle, to have it all snatched away at the death by lowly Doncaster.

Roll on next season.

DublinBass
26.05.2008, 05:02
Not sure how that would help Pat. I appreciate it will create more space on a pitch, however quite often when its 11 v 10 the weakened side can shut up shop.

Perhaps straight to 9 v. 9 then?

In the NHL, all regular season overtime games go from 6 v. 6 to 5 v. 5 to try to encourage goals...helps move things along.

Pythagoras
26.05.2008, 10:57
Perhaps straight to 9 v. 9 then?

In the NHL, all regular season overtime games go from 6 v. 6 to 5 v. 5 to try to encourage goals...helps move things along.

That's a big reason why it wouldn't be done. It sounds too American. We'd be playing in shorter 'periods' next, to allow for more add-breaks.

brassbandmaestro
26.05.2008, 12:32
I was with my mate and i took the **** out of him the rest of the day and put my footb all teams shirt on to!!!

Hells Bones
26.05.2008, 18:48
This season has been great for us.

Chelski winning nothing is always good.
But sacking Grant was very unfair I think. How many managers in history can say they came 2nd in the premier league and made it to the final of the Champions league?

And what is it going to do to the English game? Who is going to want to manage a club that sacks it's manager for coming second?

johnmartin
27.05.2008, 00:00
Who is going to want to manage a club that sacks it's manager for coming second?Maybe someone who could do with 8 million quid for a couple of months work. :)

yorkie19
27.05.2008, 00:24
Nearly as good as it gets.

I have to say now that it's been very nearly as good as '99 for me.

OK, we didn't do the Treble, and only managed to win the League and the Champions League.

However, having been at Wembley on Saturday to see Deano score a superb goal, and see the look on George's 7-year old face as he realised that Hull would be playing Premiership football next season more than made up for missing out on the FA Cup. To all the negative journalists out there who were happy to rubbish Windass and Hull on Sunday, stick it up your fat, over-paid *beep*.

If you add to that EYMS winning the Senior Cup, it's been a great few months. Anything else........hmmmm......... oh yeah, my little girl being born in January. That makes it a flipping great few months. It almost certainly doesn't get any better. Cliched maybe, but still true.

brassbandmaestro
27.05.2008, 08:33
I always thought that Avram Grant was going to be a stop gap anyway. As soon as Chelsea lost, I was saying to my mates that he be going soon and sure enough he did. OK, Chelsea was rather ruthless, as the tabs said but to Abronovitch, 2nd not good enough.

Red Elvis
27.05.2008, 10:45
Till doday, poor.

Lowlight - losing at Elland road 4-0 :(

Highlight - Beating Leeds in the return at the Galpharm 1-0 :biggrin:

All round best moment...watching Leeds stay in League 1 today, having fought back from 15 points down (unbelievably well it has to be said) at the start of the season, to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in the playoffs against Carlisle, to have it all snatched away at the death by lowly Doncaster.

Roll on next season.

Grrr...!
Missed the game due to a band job , got the result just as we finished and I was making the two hour journey back to London through the rain. Nice !!

To cap it all , my local was then invaded by a load of happy Donny fans , although fair play to them after the landlord pointed me out as a Leeds fan that their gloating was not too bad !!

Watched the highlights later on and in fairness we just did not do enough. Still , always next season although my main fear is that financially KB might have been banking on a return to the Championship and now the plan is scuppered.

Just a shame that some of my fellow fans felt led to live up to stereotype though - was a bit of aggro at Euston and Baker St Sunday night ( I had to walk through it!! ) although not enough to make the news apparently.

2nd man down
27.05.2008, 13:10
To be fair, I'm only gloating because I'm a town fan and have had a long standing, deep seated dislike of Leeds because they've always been that local team who were much better then us (and I have a few Leeds fans as mates who have had far too long to rub the facts in).

Being brutally honest (and it really really pains me to admit this), Leeds really deserved something out of this season. To start 15 points down (whether you agree with that decision or not) and to still make it to the playoff final is a monumental achievement in anyones book, it must go down in history as one of the best "achieving in the face of overwhelming adversity" seasons ever.

I am glad they stayed down, but for purely selfish reasons (not least of all our gate receipts next year), but on the season they've had they deserved more than that. :clap:

Masterblaster jnr
27.05.2008, 15:07
To be fair, I'm only gloating because I'm a town fan and have had a long standing, deep seated dislike of Leeds because they've always been that local team who were much better then us (and I have a few Leeds fans as mates who have had far too long to rub the facts in).

I have always had a deep seated dislike of Leeds because of the way SOME fans act when a Ex-man united player dies or when some of them mock the munich disaster.

Spot the Keyword!!!

although i quite wanted leeds to lose as well just because my geography teacher supports them. :cool: