PDA

View Full Version : Wetherby Silver Band seeks players

BassBoneShep
09.09.2003, 15:01
Edit: For current vacancies and contact details see most recent posts

Wetherby Silver Band require two Eb Bass players (currently feeding off borrowed ones!) and a percussionist (kit player deserting us for Uni).
Interested, send me a message and will fill you in.
TTFN

PeterBale
09.09.2003, 15:07
Interested, send me a message and will fill you in.TTFN

Hey, it's a bit much threatening to "fill someone in" just because they happen to be interested in joining your band :!: :wink: :lol:

Seriously, good to have you posting, and hope you manage to fill the vacant positions before long.

Straightmute
09.09.2003, 16:06
Welcome aboard C and well done at Hardraw Scar. (Must have been that Maestoso!) Is that where you found the sheep?

Best of luck with the hunt for players - will keep my ear to the ground.

D

BassBoneShep
09.09.2003, 16:37
Two replies so quickley. Thanks
Peter - It's part of the inititation is filling in and also was worried about whether I had made a "pudding" (dessert) out of our kit player leaving!!
D - Yes, lots of Maestoso, plenty of beer and a few sheep for good measure. Good day all round and a whopper of a trophy. New shelf required.
TTFN

Temporary Noble
08.08.2004, 23:28
Simon Ramsbottom, Principle Cornet of Wetherby & District Silver Band is going off to University in September, leving us with a vacancy for a new Principle Cornet. We're looking for a strong player to lead the cornet section (band?) helping us to make our mark in the second section.

Just 20 minutes drive from Leeds, Harrogate or York, Wetherby Silver Band can trace it's history back to the 1800s. Conducted by Glyn Kearsley, we rehearse Tuesday and Friday evening in the centre of Wetherby. We do a few contests each year - The Areas (of course!), Malton, Hardraw Scar, Easingwold etc. and keep busy with other engagements the rest of the year 'round.

If any one wants more details you can post here or email me in confidence (kevin@akav11.info)

Rambo Chick
12.08.2004, 22:58
Wetherby Silver Band are seeking to replace their current principal cornet player who is leaving to go to university.

The band rehearses two nights a week (tuesdays and fridays 8pm-9:45pm) in their own bandroom in Wetherby.

The band is friendly and ambitious and regular attendance is high :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D

all enquiries for the position can be made to:

Stephen Ramsbottom (chairman)
sjr315@hotmail.com
or ring 07759983651

The band also has vacancies for a regular percussionist and EEb bass player.

The position of Musical Director for the Junior band is available. The band rehearses Wednesdays 7pm-8pm (term time only)

Power Tooba
22.08.2004, 14:05
Wetherby Silver Band are seeking to replace their current principal cornet player who is leaving to go to university.

The band rehearses two nights a week (tuesdays and fridays 8pm-9:45pm) in their own bandroom in Wetherby.

The band is friendly and ambitious and regular attendance is high :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D

sjr315@hotmail.com
or ring 07759983651

The position of Musical Director for the Junior band is available. The band rehearses Wednesdays 7pm-8pm (term time only)

You forgot the all important fact that we go to the pub for much beer afterwards.... :guiness :D

Rambo Chick
24.08.2004, 23:50

sjr315@hotmail.com
or ring 07759983651

oh and mustn't forget-they go for lots of beer afterwards!!!!!! :guiness

Power Tooba
05.09.2004, 00:58
DEFINATELY mustn't forgt that!!!

Temporary Noble
22.09.2004, 00:24
Hello,

We're still looking for a new principle cornet. The second section test piece will certainly provide a good challenge, so come on... email and phone number above for our chairman...

Kevin

Joseph Williams
28.10.2004, 16:22
g'day
im a bass player out from australia. looking for a band to play in. i played up tom paulin in australia. im now based in south manchester. if there is still a position available could you email me on joe_williams5@hotmail.com please,
cheers
joe

Temporary Noble
13.01.2005, 19:43
Hello,

Wetherby & District Silver band are looking for a solo cornet. This position has been vacant for a while, following a university departure back in September.

Wetherby is located on the A1 just north of Leeds, within 20-30 minutes drive of: Leeds, Harrogate, Tadcaster, York, Wakefield, etc...

If you're interested contact Glynn Kearlsey at Scheerers Music Shop, Leeds, in person or call on 0113 244 9592 during office hours...

Cheers
Kevin

Temporary Noble
14.04.2005, 10:27
Wetherby Silver Band seeks players for Front Row Cornet and Percussion.

Second Section (4th 2005 Yorkshire regional) and aiming higher.

Own band room with easy access from A1.

Contact MD Glyn Kearsley on 0113 2820419

2nd man down
12.05.2005, 16:57
I can dep again whenever you're short.

Surprised you've not got anyone yet, very nice bunch of people.

Temporary Noble
11.10.2005, 09:54
Wetherby Silver Band are in the Yorkshire region, 2nd Section (4th at areas last year). The band currently has vacancies for:

Solo Euphonium
Solo Cornet
Percussion (Tuned and/or Kit)

Either PM me or contact MD Glyn Kearsley (0113 282 0419) to arrange to come along to a rehearsal.

Where is Wetherby?

Wertherby is located:
12.5 miles North East of Leeds City Centre (approx 20 -25 minutes by car)
13.5 miles West of York (approx 25 - 30 minutes by car)
9 miles South East of Harrogate (approx 15 minutes by car)
22 miles North of Wakefield City Centre (approx 30 minutes by car)

The A1 runs around the edge of the town, giving very easy access from the north or south of Wetherby. The band room is about 2 or 3 minutes off the motorway!
(Follow this link for a map: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wetherbysilverband/map.jpg)

Where and When are rehearsals?

We have our own band room in Wetherby town centre, adjacent to the New Inn Pub and the Methodist Church Hall. Formally two cottages, which were joined together and refurbished into a bandroom some years ago. We have a small kitchen, toilets and even a garden!

The Band rehe***** twice a week on Tuesday and Friday Evenings, from 8pm until 9.45pm.

After rehearsals there's usually a visit to one of the many local drinking establishments for refreshments!

To find out more about Wetherby, why not visit our website: http://www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk/

Power Tooba
14.10.2005, 14:19
We have our own band room in Wetherby town centre, adjacent to the New Inn Pub and the Methodist Church Hall. Formally two cottages, which were joined together and refurbished into a bandroom some years ago. We have a small kitchen, toilets and even a garden!

It was possible two cottages many many years ago, but before the bandmen converted it into a band room it was infact a Pigsty!

Wetherby band actually have a really set up.
The band room is good, there are many very dedicated players as well as an exceptionally dedicated MD and Wetherby itself is a good place to rehear$e - Hardly and danger of your car being damaged mid rehearsal (which has happened to some people i know at other bands!), there are also so nice watering holes nearby for the after rehaearsal tipples. They even have the occasional social event!!:)

For those Cornets, Euph players ar pot bashers moving to the area, or with nothing to do on Tuesday & Friday or if your not happy where you are, then i'd highly recommend a visit!!:tup

sjr315
17.10.2005, 14:06
Yess, the bandroom was a pig sty but it certainly is not now. Also, having finished last in the area championships in 2004, we climbed to 4th this year and a similar result in 2006 could se us challenging for 1st section in 2007. We enjoy our banding so come and join now a friendly forward thinking band and have the benefit of playing in a lovely market town with, as has been said, some good watering holes.

SJR

Wetherby Silver Band are in the Yorkshire region, 2nd Section (4th at areas last year). The band currently has vacancies for:

Solo Euphonium
Solo Cornet
Percussion (Tuned and/or Kit)

Either PM me or contact MD Glyn Kearsley (0113 282 0419) to arrange to come along to a rehearsal.

Where is Wetherby?

Wertherby is located:

The A1 runs around the edge of the town, giving very easy access from the north or south of Wetherby. The band room is about 2 or 3 minutes off the motorway!
(Follow this link for a map: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wetherbysilverband/map.jpg)

The Band rehe****s twice a week on Tuesday and Friday Evenings, from 8pm until 9.45pm.

After rehearsals there's usually a visit to one of the many local drinking establishments for refreshments!

To find out more about Wetherby, why not visit our website: http://www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk/

CRat63
25.10.2005, 10:59
Who can resist an offer like that! Get yourselves down for a blow - a more than friendly atmosphere and a band doing some really good things. Had the chance to play with them for the first time in 3 years since going to Uni at the weekend - sounding better than ever. I'm sure you'd be more than welcome in an ever improving band.

Good luck in finding people,

Craig Ratcliffe
former solo euphonium player

Temporary Noble
03.12.2005, 23:44
Wetherby Silver Band are very pleased to announce that we have signed Chris Bates on Solo Euphonium. Chris made his debut with the band this evening, with an excellent performance of Grandfathers Clock at the annual Christmas concert in Wetherby.

This leaves us with just a solo cornet vacancy, to help out our three dedicated solo cornets Andrew Yeomans, Nigel Franks and John Scruton.

We'd also like a regular percussionist, as ours all have regular playing engagements that keep them away from rehearsals!

Temporary Noble
12.03.2006, 15:10
The Wetherby Silver Band currently has a vacancy for:

Percussion (Kit and/or Tuned)

Other players always welcome...

To work with our busy gigging Percussionists, both of whom have regular professional engagements. email: wetherbysilverband@tiscali.co.uk or contact MD Glyn Kearsley to arrange to come along to a rehearsal. We have players from the vairous local towns so lifts may be possible.

Where is Wetherby?
Wertherby is located:

The Band rehearses twice a week on Tuesday and Friday Evenings, from 8pm until 9.45pm.
After rehearsals there's usually a visit to one of the local drinking establishments for refreshments!

ploughboy
14.03.2006, 17:58
In between Conducting Emley and playing for the Imps I usually end up with R'Kid playing for Wetherby over the summer.

A good choice of music is always on the stand and Glyn (the MD) always likes lots of impro and noise from the back "no conga part? Make it up!"

Good bunch of guys, very freindly, well organised -

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, There's always a helping hand with the gear! Which as a fellow drummer i know you'll be glad to hear! For some jobs "the heavy team" take all the gear early and set everything up (bless the retired folk with nothing better to do!)

I'll see you down there then?

Temporary Noble
20.03.2006, 18:14
I've just realised you'll stryggle to contact MD Glyn as I gave no contact details - so here we are:

EDIT: Please forward details by PM as per tMP policy. ;) - SMod: Di.

Temporary Noble
29.03.2006, 10:36
Wetherby and District Silver Band are on the lookout for a Solo Euphonium...

Chris has been called away to Japan by his company for about 3 - 4 months, so we need someone to fill in, and you'd be more than welcome to stay of course!!

Also looking for full time percussion and a solo cornet...

Own bandroom in Wetherby, good setup, easily accessible from Leeds / Harrogate / York etc. 2 mins off A1. Rehearsals Tue & Fri.

PM for details.

Temporary Noble
25.04.2006, 16:46
Hello,

We've managed to find a new drummer via our own website!! Richard Wappett is taking on the challenge and we hope he'll stay with the band for a good while!!

Kevin

Temporary Noble
16.06.2006, 09:56
Hello,

Solo Cornet - to sit on the second seat, support principle Andy Yeomans, and complete the line up. The band plays in a few contests each year (Areas, Easingwold, Hardraw Scar, Malton) and we have plenty of jobs, all under the direction of MD Glyn Kearsley... Our second section status for 2007 was confirmed recently, leaving us in a strong position for the areas next year. We rehearse Tue & Fri evenings, 8 - 9.45, in the centre of Wetherby. Very easy access from Leeds / Harrogate / York etc - you'll be surprised how little time it takes to get there!! There's a regular pub crowd afterwards for refreshments in one of the many local pubs...

We're also looking for regular attending Eb Bass & Percussion (mainly Kit!)

The band website is: www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk

Send me a PM to arrange to come along to a rehearsal...

Cheers
Kevin

Temporary Noble
07.08.2006, 13:13
Hello,

Due to increasing difficulties with arthritis, one our Bb basses is having to decrease his activity with the band, and has asked us to seek a replacement...

So, any Bb basses in the area looking for a change? Friendly band, about 2 jobs a month on average, a few contests (Areas (@ Bradford), Easingwold, Hardraw Scar, Malton) possibly one other! Wetherby is only 20 mins from Leeds / York / Harrogate / Wakefield etc...

Rehearsals Tue & Fri 8 - 9.45, in our own band room in the town centre, followed by refreshments in one of the many local pubs...

We're also looking for a Solo Cornet, regular Eb bass and percussion... See our website (www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk) for full details of the band and forthcoming engagements...

rowkseat141
15.09.2006, 14:52
Hi,

I'm a Bass player, mainly Bb but would play Eb if needed. I am currently a student in Leeds and will possibly be looking to a band in the area. Only snag is I don't own my own bass and I would require a lift to rehersals an back again from the Leeds LS6 postcode area.
My band record includes 5 years at St. Helens Youth Band as the principal Bb Bass and 4 years at the Rainford Band (N.W. 3rd section Champions) also playing Bb bass. I have also deputised at the Greenalls and Pemberton Bands.
I am available for rehersals after the National Finals in Harrogate on the 23rd of September.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Tom

Temporary Noble
15.09.2006, 15:03
Tom,

I've sent you a PM to see what we can arrange!!

Kevin

Temporary Noble
08.10.2007, 21:56
The Wetherby Silver Band are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and committed Musical Director. Rehearsals take place on Tuesday and Friday evenings, 8 - 9.45pm at our band room which is just off Bank Street in the centre of Wetherby (see details on www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk).
Please register your interest with the band's chairman, Stephen Ramsbottom, which can be done by PMing Me!

Temporary Noble
10.10.2007, 17:30
In addition to looking for a new conductor, Wetherby find themselves looking for a Flugel Horn and Solo Euphonium as a result of the departure of long time conductor Glyn Kearsley. The bass trombone seat has been vancant since I vacated it in March after moving house!

Flugel and Solo Euph seats in the 2nd section don't come up all the time, so get yourselves down to Wetherby and see if you like it!

PM me and I'll pass on your details, or answer any questions...

ploughboy
30.10.2007, 12:39
Wetherby are playing tonight at England Vs. France under 19 (Ladies) football at Harrogate Town Football club - Anyone interested could pop down and see them!

They've a dedicated team and some cracking players in every section. I find it's always a pleasure when i'm down helping them out!

Sandy Smith
30.10.2007, 13:26
They've a dedicated team and some cracking players in every section. I find it's always a pleasure when i'm down helping them out!

Wetherby Band - or the England under 19 ladies football team ?;)

ploughboy
30.10.2007, 17:00
LOL - well if they ask, it'd be rude not to!

LittleMissEuph
12.03.2008, 13:11
:clap: Wetherby Silver Band are pleased to welcome Roy Roe as our new Musical Director, with immediate effect.

We're really looking forward to working with Roy and are confident about the future of the band.

If you'd like to join this band in the exciting times to come, please view the recruitment pages of our website wwww.wetherbysilverband.org.uk.

We're looking for enthusiastic and dynamic players in the following positions:

Trombone
Principal Euphonium
BBb Bass
Various cornet vacancies

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Sarah :sup

LittleMissEuph
12.03.2008, 13:16
Wetherby Silver Band have just recruited a new MD, Mr Roy Roe.

COME AND JOIN US IN THESE EXCITING TIMES!!!

We are seeking enthusiastic players in the following positions:

Trombone
Principal Euphonium
Cornets
BBb Bass

Get in touch to register your interest, or visit our website at www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk (http://www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk)

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Wetherby Silver Band
11.02.2009, 14:25
Wetherby Silver Band, are currnetly looking to recruit one Front Row Cornet, A Flugel and a BBb Bass - One more full time drummer (kit and tuned) would be very welcome too.

We rehearse in the town center, 2 mins off the A1. Tuesday's and Friday's 8pm - 9.45pm.

Under our New Musical Director, Garry Hallas, rehearsals are packed full of different music, different analagies (gotta be heard to be believed!) and lots of fun. Yes fun!

In our first outing in the 3rd section 2009 we placed a brilliant 5th at the Preston Guild Hall Contest.

We most urgently need a Flugel player for the Yorkshire Areas (7th March) but other players as welcome as and when. PM us to arrange to come down one evening, or PM ploughboy (Garry Hallas) for an chat and details about where we are looking to take the band.

Wetherby Silver Band
05.04.2009, 21:51
Having Settled back in "normal" life, after the area's etc, we are still looking for a FLUGEL player, we've just filled our vacant Solo Euph seat and are looking forward to a fun summer season, starting on 3rd May with Wetherby Bandstand.

If you fancy playing Flugel with a friendly 3rd section band based just north of leeds, give me a shout. . . .

Happy Easter!

waynefiler
07.04.2009, 09:59
Don't forget to mention that Wetherby Band also need a back row cornet and a soprano to take over from Kathy and myself once we make the move down south.

Wonky_Baton
17.08.2009, 13:10
Wetherby Silver Band require the following players for a full strength band:

Soprano
Flugal Horn
Solo Baritone
2nd Trombone
Eb or Bb Bass

We are an ambitious 3rd section band in West Yorkshire under new MD Alan Seymour and all details can be found on our new website www.wetherbysilverband.com (http://www.wetherbysilverband.com)

Our next contest is Hardraw Scar on the 13th of September and I would like a couple of players in by then. If you fancy a change or have been left banding for a while and want to get back into it please get in touch. We welcome students and lifts can be arranged from Leeds and York.

If interested e-mail alan@seymour34.freeserve.co.uk, telephone 077 9376 3975 or Pm me thanks

Wonky_Baton
29.08.2009, 00:47
Wetherby Silver Band require the following players for a full strength band:

Soprano
Flugal Horn
Solo Baritone
2nd Trombone
Eb or Bb Bass

We are an ambitious 3rd section band in West Yorkshire under new MD Alan Seymour and all details can be found on our new website www.wetherbysilverband.com (http://www.wetherbysilverband.com)

Our next contest is Hardraw Scar on the 13th of September and I would like a couple of players in by then. If you fancy a change or have been left banding for a while and want to get back into it please get in touch. We welcome students and lifts can be arranged from Leeds and York.

If interested e-mail alan@seymour34.freeserve.co.uk, telephone 077 9376 3975 or Pm me thanks

We have a good chance of recruiting a new second trombone player but the rest of the positions are sill vacant. If interested come to see the band in action on the Sun 30th of August at Wetherby Bandstand.

nethers
29.08.2009, 01:00
A good time to get involved, we went along on our recent jaunt around the UK, Alan is very enthusiastic and I'm sure the band have got on the right track.

Not that many truly 'community' bands left in that area, go along for a blow!

Wonky_Baton
28.01.2010, 13:03
Wetherby Silver Band have vacancies for the following players to complete our lineup for the Nationals. We recently won the Durham Brass Band League by four clear points as well as scooping most of the solist prizes. We have some excellent concerts in the summer including Bramham Horse Trials, Newby Hall Classic Car Rally and Durham Miners Gala. We are also in the early stages of planning a tour to France. band very friendly with a very wide ranging programme of music.

1 Tutti Cornet
1Rep or 2nd Cornet
1 Eb Bass

If you cannot join the band full time but would be interested in registering for the contest on March 7th please get in touch.

077 93 76 39 75 or click on website link below