PDA

View Full Version : Who Won Leamington 2nd Section?

BottyBurp
01.12.2003, 01:58
Any takers?

kingthirdcornet
01.12.2003, 09:01
2nd section was won by Langley Band

Interesting adjudicator blurd at the end of the contest. Said the winning band made his job easy and was streets ahead of the others. Well directed and well led by the principal cornet (well done Dave)

He commented on the others as being more difficult to place, and criticised the choice of pieces, balance and tempos.

Controversially, he said that the first two bands in the 4th section earlier in the day would have held their own in this section.......

TheMusicMan
01.12.2003, 09:52
Controversially, he said that the first two bands in the 4th section earlier in the day would have held their own in this section.......

... just out of curiosity, wht is this controversial...? It reads to me by what you wrote that he must have thought they were a good standard, simple as that. Remember, it's just 1 persons opinion.... :D

youngman
01.12.2003, 13:07
Does anyone know the full results from the contest ? ? ?

Lotta
01.12.2003, 16:20
I only know the 4th section results if that helps:

1. Rushen Windmilll
2. Phoenix West Midlands Brass
3. Coleshill

imthemaddude
01.12.2003, 16:21
not bad phoenix :) what did u play?

Lotta
01.12.2003, 16:26
We played the Pontins piece - The Seasons simply because, like a lot of bands, we didn't have much rehearsal time. :D

Rushdon played Lydian Pictures & Coleshill played Divertemiento.... could be wrong on both counts though!! :roll:

Bigchap
01.12.2003, 19:36
Are Bottyburp and the conductor of Langley Band, Mr Cliff Parker, related?
Well done to Langley. Another good performance (as was Pontins).
1st section result was:
1 Kibworth (Tallis)
2. Bedworth (Resurgam)
3. Brackley (Paganini Variations)

Big Chap

Boneman
01.12.2003, 20:52
Championship section was . .

1 SWT Woodfalls
2 Welwyn Garden City
3 City of Oxford
4 Ratby Coop
5 Bedford Town
6 Jackfield
Kidlington - withdrawn
Staffordshire - withdrawn

There was some good playing - however from an organisation point of view it wasn't the best contest I have been to - by the time the Championship section was underway the whole place had shut up shop and gone home (including the bar & refreshments!) We played last and there were almost as many in the band as in the audience, so it lacked a bit of atmosphere.

Craig_Baritone
01.12.2003, 21:03
We played the seasons at pontins we thought it was a slow piece!!!
Then went to butlins the played another testpiece which i cant remember
(too much beer) then won!!!!!

Craig Anderson
Kirkby Band
Butlins Mineworkers 2003 4th Section Champions

rach marriott
01.12.2003, 22:47

hmmm.... evil twin brother behaviour, I dare say!!!!!

ha ha ha ha :lol:

Phoenixhorn
01.12.2003, 23:40
I am completely flattered by the adjudicators comments after the 2nd section results I now like Mr John Roberts and he is now on my christmas card list :D

BottyBurp
02.12.2003, 01:28
Well done to Langley. Another good performance (as was Pontins).

Yes, they are indeed related. I have been ousted as Bottyburp.

And thankyou for your kind comments - I thought Langley played exceptionally well on stage. I've only been their MD for a few months and have taken them to 3 contests now, and before we go on stage, I remind them that if we win, I will buy the whole band a drink (each, that is :? ). The first 2 contests, my money was safe, but this time, I also promised them a drink AND tonight's (Monday) rehearsal off. Bless them, not only did they clear me out of £70 at the bar but it was obviously just a night off they wanted. I'll remember for future contests.

BottyBurp
02.12.2003, 01:32
I am completely flattered by the adjudicators comments after the 2nd section results I now like Mr John Roberts and he is now on my christmas card list :D

I too, was very flattered by his comments - mind you, I have to agree with every word he said!! :grnsm

He's not only on my Christmas Card list, I want to know his birthday!

BottyBurp
02.12.2003, 01:36
So has anyone got the full results and points for 2nd Section (Leamington)?

Baldeagle
02.12.2003, 01:46
So has anyone got the full results and points for 2nd Section (Leamington)?

Ermm nope only know that we won the 3rd section and we got bladdered in Wetherspoons! :lol: x9…uiness

picju96
02.12.2003, 01:54
We were in Whetherspoons too.

P.S. came 8th...

davidsait
02.12.2003, 10:33
P.S. came 8th...

Shhhhhhh!