PDA

View Full Version : Double footed challenges

Masterblaster jnr
27.12.2007, 20:58
there is currently a big debate over double footed challenges in football. I don't particularly see what it's about, double footers should be a straight red in my opinion but what are your thoughts on it, and what punsihment should they get, yellow card, red card, fine, beheaded..........

IYOUNG
30.12.2007, 16:03
Interesting comments made this morning on TV by Oliver Holt I think, spot on....ie players have lost respect for each other as professionals, diving to win penalties, over acting fouls and now worst of all two foot lunges at each other.

David Mann
30.12.2007, 22:18
'bout time they brought in the sin bin, and three yellow cards for a side in one match should mean they lose a man.

Will the Sec
30.12.2007, 23:43
worst of all two foot lunges at each other.

It's not new.

Billy Bonds got away with them for years...:biggrin:

jcowensEb
08.01.2008, 17:12
c.ronaldo is the worst for diving and two footed takling,don't no why man utd bothered to buy him,he's ****!!!!!

steve butler
08.01.2008, 18:15
c.ronaldo is the worst for diving and two footed takling,don't no why man utd bothered to buy him,he's ****!!!!!
Good old JC!
He really is ****, I mean you've got to be **** to score all those **** goals.
:idea: the lights on but noboy's at home

jcowensEb
08.01.2008, 18:20
yeah buts what the point in diving all the time,i don't rate him as a player,he gets payed loads of money 2 score a couple of goals every once in a while,woop ti dooo

steve butler
08.01.2008, 18:52
yeah buts what the point in diving all the time,i don't rate him as a player,he gets payed loads of money 2 score a couple of goals every once in a while,woop ti dooo
I rest(s) my case M'lud

yorkie19
09.01.2008, 09:10

Yeah, thanks for playing! ;)

As a die-hard United fan, I'll be the first to admit that Ronaldo dives. I don't like it, I never have.

The very sad fact of the matter is that he's not alone in doing it, and even (and I know this is contentious) English / Scottish players do it now (shock horror). FIFA needs to grow a pair and clamp down on blatant cheats at every level of the game. Video technology should be used. All the talk of ruining the game is utter drivel.

Anyway, I wouldn't say he was any worse than Drogba, Fabregas, Totti etc.

However, Ronaldo making a two-footed tackle?? Ronaldo attempting a tackle would be a first.

Bungle
09.01.2008, 16:07
Chelsea's Mickel was shown a straight red last night as I think the refs have been told to stamp it out (pun intended). Once players realise they are going to be sent off, thereby letting their team down and getting a ban, it will stop.

jcowensEb
09.01.2008, 17:52
i agree,it should be clamped down on,it spoils the game!!!!!!!!!!

IYOUNG
09.01.2008, 19:20
I agree

Several more issues if refs were firmer they would stop.

I always think it odd that refs get castigated for their decisions....when will folks realise that if players stopped cheating and trying to con the ref constantly then mistakes wouldn't be made as the refs don't need to make ajudgement.

of course refs get things wrong occasionally amnd these should be dealt with

geordiecolin
09.01.2008, 20:33

What planet are you on?

I'm no Manure fan, but you gotta admit regardless of your allegiance that Ronaldo is a class act. Doesn't stop me hating the **** though!!:biggrin:

jcowensEb
09.01.2008, 20:37
[What planet are you on?]

I'm no Manure fan, but you gotta admit regardless of your allegiance that Ronaldo is a class act. Doesn't stop me hating the **** though!!:biggrin:[/quote]

prob the same planet as you,i just dont like c.ronaldo,he dives 4 no reason,

Thirteen Ball
09.01.2008, 21:20
I'd agree players don't respect each other any more. Money does that to people. But I also think the respect between players and referees has gone. Both are trying to prove to the other that it's their game really.

So introduce video replays, like they have in rugby. When the whole ground gets to see a decision in slow-mo, it usually means the referee gives the right one. And it'll clamp down on diving too.

Referees are now miked up - so let's hear what they have to say! Might clarify some of the inexplicable decisions I've seen in recent matches.

The punishments are too lenient for players too, because if they get a ban, the club still has to pay them, and most of the time the reward for playing unfairly outweighs the penalty.

So here's a few ideas....

Diving should be a two match ban - no appeal. As should intimidating the referee.

Studs-up tackles, straight red, 3 match ban.

Two footed tackle, straight red, 5 match ban.

Over the top of the ball/achilles tendon tackle/airborne tackle/other professional foul - straight red, 10 match ban.

All backed up with hefty fines - payable to charity.

So that's half the playing staff of the premiership banned til next christmas then.

When a club receives their third red card of the season - every red after that deducts a point from their league points total - with a similar arrangement for every third yellow.

If the fouled player is injured by an illegal tackle - the guilty player should be banned from football for as long as it takes the other to recover - whether that's six weeks, six months, or six years. And if they force a retirement - FIFA should revoke their registration as a player permanently. (Are you listening Roy Keane?)

Maybe then we'll have a gentleman's game played by gentlemen, where skill and discipline are rewarded, and bad behaviour is punished.

Bass Man
09.01.2008, 21:46
What planet are you on?

I'm no Manure fan, but you gotta admit regardless of your allegiance that Ronaldo is a class act. Doesn't stop me hating the **** though!!:biggrin:

prob the same planet as you,i just dont like c.ronaldo,he dives 4 no reason,

You're both right guys. I don't like him but he is a quality player. Doesn't avoid the fact that he dives and spoils him as a player though!

jcowensEb
09.01.2008, 21:48
yeah good point,and it comes from a fellow bass player lol

Duck of demolition
09.01.2008, 22:12
In his defence, and relating to jcowens' earlier post, Cristiano is the top scorer in the Premiership, and i'm no manure fan either, but you have to be good to get goals. And on the diving business, at least when he does do it (not much currently) he should have the guts to wink