PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic!!

Maestro
16.08.2007, 11:39
Why can't they just accept that they were not good enough?
One player does not change a whole season. He might help a lot, but not be responsible for their whole miserable season.
Actually, thinking about it. One man could be responsible for their whole miserable season ending up in relegation....step forward Colin aka Mr Warnock.
The link for the whole story is below....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6949262.stm

Redhorn
16.08.2007, 11:55
I thought for a minute you were talking about that traitor Cureton, Kev! :-)

Seriously though, the premier league wont be the same without the laughing stock that is Colin on our screens every saturday night, making excuses. Hopefully MotD will use him lots as a pundit, just so we can ridicule him further!

Up the U's!
Pride of East Anglia!

Maestro
16.08.2007, 12:03
Traitor? Traitor? How dare you David?

(God/King)Jamie will forever be a heron at Carrow road (in my eyes anyway) just for the dying his hair green when we played Ipswich.

Warnock seems to have upset a few people just recently over his so called book that he wrote. If he spent more time concentrationg on footballing matters instead of lining his own pocket, they may well have stayed up. But on the other hand, thinking of his 'talents' they would still have gone down.

Chunky
16.08.2007, 13:22
Traitor? Traitor? How dare you David?

(God/King)Jamie will forever be a heron at Carrow road (in my eyes anyway) just for the dying his hair green when we played Ipswich.

Kev he will always be a Canary, not a heron!

As for Sheffield United why don't they just accept the fact they did not get enough points and get on with it.

To be honest they have just replaced one moaning whinging manager with another in Bryan Robson.

2nd man down
16.08.2007, 13:44
I disagree.

Neil Warnock couldn't be more passionate about any football clubs he manages (I can lend you the video of the season he got us promoted to show you the dressing room team talks if you like), or of the fans of those clubs. He always made sure that the teams first action after a match, win or lose, was to go and clap the crowd to thank them for their support.
I don't think anyone else can boast the number of promotions he has gained with various clubs on the shoe-string budgets he's had to work with (Notts Count at least twice, Huddersfield once, Plymouth once, Sheff Utd once, and they're just the ones I can remember), and ok, he may be gobby and self opinionated, but I always felt that his after match interviews were entertaining to watch at the very least.

As for West Ham, how the FA can think that a 5.5m slap on the wrist is going to affect them, compared to the massive revenue they've got from staying up, and also the same massive revenue Sheff Utd have missed out on by not staying up, thanks to the use of an illegal player, who, it has to be said, just about single handedly accounted for 90% of the goals at the end of the season that kept them up, is beyond me!!

I'm right behind Sheff Utd. It's easy to say "why don't they just drop it" while it's not your club it happened to. West Ham broke the rules, pure and simple, and they're now reaping the rewards of playing in a division they shouldn't be in, while Sheff Utd are having to make do with being cheated out of their rightful position and money.

Ipswich trom
16.08.2007, 13:45
As for Sheffield United why don't they just accept the fact they did not get enough points and get on with it.

To be honest they have just replaced one moaning whinging manager with another in Bryan Robson.
The reason Ian is that football is a business and they feel (quite rightly in my view) that what West Ham did (whoever was responsible) was fundamentally wrong and that they don't agree with the FA punishment that was handed out.
The actual points situation I do not dispute but the the latest saga over the transfer of Tevez to Man U just helps to prove that West Ham, Kia what's his name etc all covered things up in the name of business.
The FA is to blame in my opinion but Sheff Utd have in theory lost out even if it was partly their own fault in failing to beat Wigan on the last day. They are going down every route they can to try and get the justice they feel they should get and who can blame them.

Good to see West Ham get thrashed by Man City on saturday wasn't it!

Ipswich trom
16.08.2007, 13:47
I disagree.

Neil Warnock couldn't be more passionate about any football clubs he manages (I can lend you the video of the season he got us promoted to show you the dressing room team talks if you like), or of the fans of those clubs. He always made sure that the teams first action after a match, win or lose, was to go and clap the crowd to thank them for their support.
I don't think anyone else can boast the number of promotions he has gained with various clubs on the shoe-string budgets he's had to work with (Notts Count at least twice, Huddersfield once, Plymouth once, Sheff Utd once, and they're just the ones I can remember), and ok, he may be gobby and self opinionated, but I always felt that his after match interviews were entertaining to watch at the very least.

As for West Ham, how the FA can think that a 5.5m slap on the wrist is going to affect them, compared to the massive revenue they've got from staying up, and also the same massive revenue Sheff Utd have missed out on by not staying up, thanks to the use of an illegal player, who, it has to be said, just about single handedly accounted for 90% of the goals at the end of the season that kept them up, is beyond me!!

I'm right behind Sheff Utd. It's easy to say "why don't they just drop it" while it's not your club it happened to. West Ham broke the rules, pure and simple, and they're now reaping the rewards of playing in a division they shouldn't be in, while Sheff Utd are having to make do with being cheated out of their rightful position and money.

Hear hear. :clap:

jamieow
16.08.2007, 13:48
Sheff Utd didn't get relagated because West Ham won their last 7 out of 10 games or whatever it was, regardless of Tevez scoring.
The fact is that they didn't get as many points as the other teams because they didn't win enough games against the other 20 or so teams in the league.
They weren't good enough over the season and that's why they were relagated.

Chunky
16.08.2007, 14:22
The reason I say drop it is because:

West Ham admitted their guilt and were fined accordingly by the Premier League.

At that point, West Ham were odds on for relegation. Sheffield United or other clubs for that matter, did not lodge a complaint then because they felt they were safe.

Sheffield United subsequently went on a poor run of form.

They end up getting relegated and then complain about it. They even take it to the High Court who uphold the decision.

I understand that they feel they should be compensated, but they do get 2 years of parachute payments to soften the blow.

As for how I would feel if it were my team? Well in the 1980's my team, along with others, were not allowed to compete in Europe due to other clubs hooligans. 3 times in the 5 years English clubs were banned Norwich City would have qualified had the ban not been in place.

Perhaps us Canaries should start moaning and claiming compensation from the clubs whose supporters caused us to be banned.

Maestro
16.08.2007, 14:29
Kev he will always be a Canary, not a heron!

Of course I did mean that Jamie was a HERO!!!
As for the whinging manager mate, you got that spot on.

2md. I don't deny that 'Colin' was passionate about his teams, but at the end of the day, it was his tactics that didn't get his team the points needed to stay up. If the players didn't perform, then why didn't he get the best from them?

Redhorn
16.08.2007, 14:29
As said above.... Sheff Utd were relegated because they were carp of the length of the season. If theyd gone out and won the points they wouldnt have needed to whinge about Tevez etc and the hammers. They simply werent good enough.

Was also very pleasant to see us wipe the smirk off of Bryan Robsons face on Saturday.. particularly after all the comments he made about have to face teams like 'little Colchester' when the fixture list was published! ;-)

Redhorn
16.08.2007, 14:31
And sadly Colin managed to alienate most Col U fans back when he was the manager of Plymouth and they came to col u in the play off semis. He seemed to be wearing Wengers 'i didnt see it' glasses that day.... particularly in reference to their appalling players and fans behaviour on that day!

Bungle
16.08.2007, 14:47
I can't see how it's going to help Sheffield, spending all that money on court fees for possibly no return.

Chunky
16.08.2007, 15:11
I understand that they feel they should be compensated, but they do get 2 years of parachute payments to soften the blow.

Should read: I can't understand why they feel they should be compensated! D'oh. Should not type when in hurry!

Maestro
16.08.2007, 15:42
Should read: I can't understand why they feel they should be compensated! D'oh. Should not type when in hurry!

You hurry mate? (apart from to the bar).

By the way Chunks old mate, you haint been down to Colney and have been spilling the beans have you?

Pythagoras
16.08.2007, 17:47
I disagree.

As a sheff utd fan I agree with this. There were games towards the end of the season when all the west ham goals were scored by Tevez. If they hadn't got those points they would have gone down. How can it work that the club bought the player illegally but were still allowed to play him after the decision? Any points deduction wouldn't have mattered then. If he hadn't played and they still had survived there wouldn't have been as much fuss.

However, I do think the blades maybe should have dropped it earlier, court case was never going to achieve anything and would have been better to concentrate on trying to get promotion this year. Also I don't like some comments made by the chairman and Sean Bean about a manager who has done a great deal for the club and was held in high regard by most fans.

As far as the premiership goes, I will be changing which team is my favourite in the division each week depending on who are playing West Ham, was great to see them lose on Saturday.

Redhorn
16.08.2007, 18:12
So by that measure perhaps the rest of the teams in the prem should sue Man U for all the clean sheets they kept when Rio Ferdinand played.... before his indiscretion with the dope test was realised?....

Chunky
16.08.2007, 18:23
As a sheff utd fan I agree with this. There were games towards the end of the season when all the west ham goals were scored by Tevez.

A Slight exaggeration perhaps?

Looking at West Ham's last 10 matches. They won 7 out of 10, scoring 17 goals

Tevez 7
Zamora 5
Noble 2
Boa Morte 1
Benayoun 1
Harewood 1

Pythagoras
16.08.2007, 18:55
So by that measure perhaps the rest of the teams in the prem should sue Man U for all the clean sheets they kept when Rio Ferdinand played.... before his indiscretion with the dope test was realised?....

But he was banned after it came to light. Tevez wasn't.

Chunky
17.08.2007, 07:51
But he was banned after it came to light. Tevez wasn't.

No because the deemed punishment was the fine. People only felt he should have been banned after their team was relegated.

2nd man down
17.08.2007, 13:07
I didn't. I shouted at the telly when I heard the report of the pittance of a fine they'd been handed that the FA should have stopped him playing there and then. I'm sure it was said at Club/FA level too, just not reported.

West Ham Cheated, they stayed up on the strength of a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch, Sheff Utd were cheated out of their place in the Premiership, and I'll bet a lot of it is down to the fact that the FA don't like the fact that Neil Warnock isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

Redhorn
17.08.2007, 14:08
so how exactly did West Ham cheat?.....

Pythagoras
17.08.2007, 19:14
so how exactly did West Ham cheat?.....

By signing a player in a way that broke the FA's transfer regulations.

Thirteen Ball
18.08.2007, 13:10
Looking at it from a neutral point of view.

West ham were fined for breaching FA rules, however the punishment was more lenient than it would otherwise have been as they assured the FA that they'd torn up their third party agreement.

However, step forward Man United and Kia Joorbachian, and it becomes obvious they hadn't - hence the weeks of transfer wrangling.

At that point, the FA should have stepped in, taken control of the transfer, deducted points from west ham if the third party agreement was proved to still be in place (which it's obvious it was or why did the transfer take so long?) Ignoring the clubs involved completely, how pathetic did the FA look after that?

In stead, they dithered, tried to bring in Fifa, who quite rightly threw it back at them, and eventually came up with a solution which left no-one happy.

Fact - West hame broke the rules, and effectively got away with it, although they'll be wishing they hadn't as they lost out of a share in 30m of transfer revenue, which all went to Kia Joorbachian.

Even if you completely ignore Sheff united - whom I have no great affection for - they can rightly be angry that West ham got off so lightly. However it has gone beyond the point of sanity now.

One last point. When the FA is run by londoners, and west ham are a london club, is it any wonder they got off so light?