PDA

View Full Version : The ALL NEW tMP Prediction Competitions

TheMusicMan
08.06.2007, 21:23
http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/tmp_news_icon.gif The ALL NEW tMP Prediction Competitions

We've done it again folks...!! well, what I should say is... this time it's Steve (Di's better half) who has done it - big time - for us. Steve has been busy coding an all new tMP Prediction Script that we want to try out for the first time on the upcoming English Nationals which are taking place on the 30th June.

To access this and indeed any tMP Prediction Competition, simply click on the tMP Predictions link at the top of any tMP page and as long as you are a registered member of tMP, you will be taken to the new tMP prediction pages. The rest is easy; simply select which contest you want to predict your winners in, then select your placings from the list of bands that are presented - and hey presto! that's it.

As usual you will be able to amend and review your placings, and in time we will be launching the tMP Prediction Chart - which will show the top tMP predictors and additional info.

Each section in each competition will have 5 points awarded per correct placing. Furthermore, if you predict a band in the number of available selections, but out of position, you score 2 points.

With the new tMP Prediction Competitions we are able to alter the number of placings allowed, so in one contest we could allow you to select your choice of top three bands, and in another contest we could allow you to select your choice of top five bands etc.

The lucky tMPer with the most points will be declared the winner, and be the object of awe from all other tMPers.

I have to say a huge thank you to Steve for the superb effort he has made over this last month or so... Thanks Steve, great stuff :tup

Oh, and everybody.... have fun yeah :)

PS: this is a test run before we fully open the contest on the tmp server. Please pm steve_r if you have any problems or suggestions

Maestro
08.06.2007, 23:21
That's my predictions in.
Very easy to use. I like it. Well done Mr Di and ta very much.

super_sop
08.06.2007, 23:32
Cracking!!!
well done Steve.
really easy to use

steve_r
09.06.2007, 21:33
Hi

Thanks for the nice comments guys - lets just hope the points all add up at the end :-)

A couple of improvements......

1) In the VotesSoFar section, you can now click on the column head to have the bands ordered by whichever position you are interested in

2) You now see your user name at the top right as its always nice to know who you are

3) I have taken a flyer and let you all see each others votes. If this proves to be contentious I can take it out but its only for fun and I thought you would like to see who voted for who. I believe the last system did this too.

4) Some links have been tidied up and more added.

BTW sections and contests are a bit confusing when theres a contest with only one section as here. When we get to a contest with more sections it will become clearer as there will be a row on the sections page for each section (champ,First, Second etc)

Let me know if owt causes a problem

Have fun

Steve

Di
10.06.2007, 13:05
Hi All

Have you been to the "tMP Predictions" and voted for the English Nationals yet? If not, why not click on the link on the top of the page to enter the tMP predictions area.

If you have, why not pay another visit and make your predictions now for the Bugle Contest which is to be held on Saturday 16th June.

Please remember, this is still in the "testing" phase, so if you have any problems /comments/ suggestions, please make them by PM to steve_r.

ronnie_the_lizard
10.06.2007, 23:53
Wow - so quick - fantastic improvement on the previous system which seemed to lock itself after I'd done e.g. 2 sections for one of the areas. The simple 'one click' for 1st - 4th place rather than having a drop down for each section seems fantastically better (as long as it works........)

Well done Steve (& Di & family - I bet this took up quite a lot of your 'quality family time' !!).

Lets hope the hard work you've put into this pays off with a permanent 'bug free' predictions contest.

Ron

Thirteen Ball
11.06.2007, 11:12
Very cool. First TMP prediction comp I've entered - and the hardest bit was picking my four bands!

Well done, dead easy to use and very quick - if you're a bit more decisive than me....

steve_r
11.06.2007, 11:25
Thanks all again.

Just a point....

I have noticed that some people are only voting for certain contests or sections (presumably where they know the bands)

We will be carrying the database over with us when we move to the tmp server and we will be showing an ongoing predictor ranking after we have enough data to make it meaningful, (mebbe part of the annual awards mods???) so as the saying goes

"you have to be in it to win it"

Steve

ian perks
12.06.2007, 18:50
Top Jolly
Brilliant

steve_r
16.06.2007, 15:49
Slight improvement suggested by Diane

Have you been looking at the prediction summary pages and wondering "who on earth would predict *them* to win"?

Well now you can click on the count and see who it was .....

Steve

Di
17.06.2007, 18:37
The results from the Bugle contest have now been added and can be viewed on the tMP Predictions gizmo.

Our first leader on the leader board is

Tuba Dave

who (I can only assume was the adjudicator? :confused::tongue: ) scored

57 out of a total of 65 available points!

steve_r
18.06.2007, 17:38
As vickitorious would say - Yay!

- it actually worked :-)

Di
28.06.2007, 21:45
The Pontins Youth Brass Festival - 2007 has now been added to the predictions. :)

TheMusicMan
28.06.2007, 22:59
The Pontins Youth Brass Festival - 2007 has now been added to the predictions. :)So get yer votes in folks... the tMP League table is on its way!:biggrin:

DublinBass
29.06.2007, 04:07
So get yer votes in folks... the tMP League table is on its way!:biggrin:

Can there be a USA division...I might be able to win that (or at least a non UK division)?

Perhaps entries should be separated by are for different tables?

TheMusicMan
29.06.2007, 06:21
Can there be a USA division...I might be able to win that (or at least a non UK division)?

Perhaps entries should be separated by are for different tables?We can add any competitions Pat - wherever they are. Please can you PM me or Di with a list of any bands competing in any major event in the US and we can get that up and running.

We are though currently discussing which events we will cover, and which events we could cover.

The US Open is one we will cover... :)

Di
29.06.2007, 08:56
The same goes for all other countries too. ;) If you have details of a contest you think should be in the predictions list, either suggest it here or PM contest details (contacts if known) to any of the team and it will be duly considered. :)

steve_r
30.06.2007, 22:10
English nationals results and predictions winners now available :-)

Congrats to alangiff3 and yoshi77 who drew on 15 points each!

Steve

DublinBass
03.07.2007, 02:25
Is there any way to see the running totals from the first three contests thus far?

TheMusicMan
03.07.2007, 07:46
Is there any way to see the running totals from the first three contests thus far?
We are working on a few things at the moment Pat - and this is one of them. We will have a running list of points scored for all members, and thus a new award category in the tMP Annual Awards... :)

Keep tuned in.

alangiff3
10.07.2007, 15:39
No prediction results for Pontins Youth Brass Festival 2007 yet? :confused:

Di
10.07.2007, 16:26
No prediction results for Pontins Youth Brass Festival 2007 yet? :confused:

As soon as we have confirmation of the full list of results, they'll be posted. ;)

Di
28.07.2007, 00:57
Now added, for those who missed the notice elsewhere, The Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru (National Eisteddfod of Wales) has now been added.

Happy predicting. :)

smi00107
01.08.2007, 17:26
Could I point out that it is Blaenavon Town Band not Bleanavon Concert Band that are competing in the Third Section at the National Eisteddfod.

Please can this be changed to avoid further confusion and embarrasment?

:(

Evan Smith
Bleanavon Town Band

Di
01.08.2007, 18:00
Could I point out that it is Blaenavon Town Band not Blaenavon Concert Band that are competing in the Third Section at the National Eisteddfod.

Please can this be changed to avoid further confusion and embarrasment?

:(

Evan Smith
Blaenavon Town Band

My apologies for this. The list supplied to the tMP team simply stated "Blaenafon", so Blaenafon Concert Band was added.

As this script is still fairly new to us, I've asked the scriptwriter to amend this for me so I don't go and break it. :-? It looks like removal of the band is required followed by inserting the replacement band rather than a simple spelling edit. We would then need to make sure the total of predictions gets added back in. Fingers crossed we hope to get this sorted this evening for you.

dyl
01.08.2007, 18:04
My apologies for this. The list supplied to the tMP team simply stated "Blaenafon", so Blaenafon Concert Band was added.

As this script is still fairly new to us, I've asked the scriptwriter to amend this for me so I don't go and break it. :-? It looks like removal of the band is required followed by inserting the replacement band rather than a simple spelling edit. We would then need to make sure the total of predictions gets added back in. Fingers crossed we hope to get this sorted this evening for you.

Don't worry Di, it's easy enough to mistype a band's name: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?p=548926#post548926

;)

the fish
01.08.2007, 19:57
You must be a TMP member to use these pages. Please log in via TMP and follow the link from there

Hi,

I can't seem to log in to the "predictathon" I keep getting the above message, I am logged in though, and it has let me predict on there before for the English Nationals, any thoughts on what's gone wrong??

Di
01.08.2007, 20:46
You must be a TMP member to use these pages. Please log in via TMP and follow the link from there

Hi,

I can't seem to log in to the "predictathon" I keep getting the above message, I am logged in though, and it has let me predict on there before for the English Nationals, any thoughts on what's gone wrong??

Hmm, that's an odd one. Got to admit, we've not come across that before. Can you try once more please and report back? Obviously, we'll have a look this end to see if we can find any errors.

Thanks.

Di
01.08.2007, 21:23

Hi,

Hi Julian

I've spoken to "the oracle" and he has a question for you. Once logged in, are you following a "bookmark" or are you clicking on the link at the top of the page? The link at the top is the bit which is coded to pick up your username, so unless you hit this, it won't recognise you.

smi00107
01.08.2007, 22:15
Thanks for sorting that out.

Cheers.

Di
02.08.2007, 00:26
Thanks for sorting that out.

Cheers.

We aim to please. :)

Pastit
03.08.2007, 15:28

Hi,

I'm getting exactly the same screen and have been for a couple of weeks. I did view the neww system when it first went live, but I can't view it now despite using the link at the top of the page

steve_r
03.08.2007, 16:30
Hi

I am sorry about this...

It should always work if you are logged in to tMP then use the link at the top as this is a form which provides us with your tMP username, but obviously it isnt working for you so we need to look at it.

Could you please pm me with the browser and version you are using and the security settings you have (mainly do you allow cookies (and tell me if this has changed recently)) and I will try to test it with the same set up.

Steve (author)

Ruthless
03.08.2007, 18:33
Steve I'm loving the predictions...unfortunately I'm a simple girl and keep forgetting which I've predicted and which I haven't is there anyway on my front page you can tell me which I've done and which I haven't so that I don't have to go into each one to check? Not a gripe just a "wondered if you could" sort of question :)

steve_r
03.08.2007, 19:46
Hi

It kind of does already.... If you go into a section which is open for voting and you have not voted it will say "Section OPEN: Predict".

If you have voted it will say "Section OPEN: Change my predictions"

I could add a "you have voted symbol" by each contest in the contest list, but I wondered if this would be confusing if you had not yet voted for all sections of a contest?

Is that what you would like to see?

Steve

steve_r
06.08.2007, 20:20
Hi All

I have added some extra info when a user cannot log in to the predictions comp to try to get to the bottom of the issue a couple of people have.

If you fail to access to the service correctly could you please mail or pm me with the message you get and the browser you are using?

Thanks !

Steve

Maestro
06.08.2007, 20:47
Steve,

Is there any chance of seeing a league table so far?

Great work so far

Cheers

Kev

Di
14.08.2007, 23:42
The 155th British Open Brass Band Championships have been added to the predictathon. :) Get your voting caps on and look out in the near future for the National Finals too. :)

the fish
21.08.2007, 19:31
Steve,

Just to let you know the "predictor" is working again for me, thanks!

Julian

Di
22.08.2007, 22:34
..... Get your voting caps on and look out in the near future for the National Finals too. :)

National Finals now up and running. Lets see if we can pick out those winners. :)

steve_r
26.08.2007, 18:31

Sorted! Sorry it took so long to get round to it.

Click on the rankings link at the bottom of the first predictions page (the contest list).

TubaDave is ahead at the mo, but theres all to play for.

Keep voting and as usual let me know any problems....

Steve

Di
10.09.2007, 17:52
Just 4 more days to register your predictions for the British Open, ladies and gents. If you've not already done so, hurry along to Prediction Central and get your predictions in before it's too late. While you're there, why not predict for the National Finals and Wychavon contests too.? :)

steve_r
16.09.2007, 15:57
Open results added and the 2007 rankings have been updated (see link at bottom of contest page (first page of predictions)

Tuba Dave is still leading but there are a few coming up on the outside!

Wychavon could be very interesting

Steve

ronnie_the_lizard
17.09.2007, 16:36
B**ger - where did Wychavon come from ?? I thought I had all my predictions done till after the Nationals. :(

CubbRep
17.09.2007, 19:20
I didn't do too bad in the Wychaven predictions.One consolation,I got all results correct in the 4th section.
CubbRep.

super_sop
17.09.2007, 19:32
nor me, quite a nice pick up of points|!

When will the rankings be updated?

Di
17.09.2007, 19:46
nor me, quite a nice pick up of points|!

When will the rankings be updated?

They have been. Just looking at a slight technical glitch, as I don't think all the points are adding up correctly. :(

Techno whizzo is working on it now as we speak. ;)

super_sop
17.09.2007, 19:52
nice one ma, (erm and erm pa!!!:biggrin:)

steve_r
19.09.2007, 20:27
OK

Bug fixed - Normal service has been resumed and we have a new leader on the leader board.

Sorry Tuba Dave - you are no longer leading:-(

Steve

WhatSharp?
19.09.2007, 23:29
Aw nuts, didn't see Wychavon contest till today :( shame we can't get an email notification thingy going when a new contest is added.

Di
19.09.2007, 23:37
Aw nuts, didn't see Wychavon contest till today :( shame we can't get an email notification thingy going when a new contest is added.

How about this then? I usually (and I will make sure I always do) post in this thread when a contest is added. If you subscribe to this thread, you will get email notifications when a post is made. Howzat? :biggrin:

Otherwise, check in at Prediction Central regularly to keep abreast of the latest developments. ;)

dyl
19.09.2007, 23:40
We've tried mailshots in the past and it clogged up our servers - we've since had a few more hundred new members!

What you could do is subscribe to this thread, as all new contests are mentioned here, then you should get an email notification thingy when updates are posted to this thread.

Edit: too late!

WhatSharp?
19.09.2007, 23:41
Thanks!. teach me not to be so lazy wont it! :D

Di
19.09.2007, 23:53
What you could do is subscribe to this thread, as all new contests are mentioned here, then you should get an email notification thingy when updates are posted to this thread.

Edit: too late!

Echo echo echo .... ;)

Di
30.09.2007, 22:53
Hi folks.

I've updated Prediction Central with all the weekends results and calculated the user rankings, so pop along and see how you've scored. :)

Congrats to Naval Nick who is currently top of the league. :clap:

Naval Nick
02.10.2007, 12:36
Is the Burry Port Contest going to be included for this weekend?

Di
02.10.2007, 12:46
Is the Burry Port Contest going to be included for this weekend?

I'm afraid not. It's a little too close to start a contest at this stage. Sorry. :(

Di
10.10.2007, 01:05
Hot off the press, newly added in Prediction Central ... The Scottish Open Championships. :)

Oooh yes. And there's a easy five points for every here, so go for it! ;)

DublinBass
27.10.2007, 16:28
Any chance of getting the US Open in there?

Di
27.10.2007, 17:55
Any chance of getting the US Open in there?

Your wish ... etc etc.

;)

US Open now added.

DublinBass
27.10.2007, 19:36
Your wish ... etc etc.

;)

US Open now added.

Wow that was quick...you guys are great!!

Di
03.11.2007, 10:34
Brass In Concert now added.

Make sure you're all up to date with your predictions folks to become tMP's Top Predictor. ;)

DublinBass
09.11.2007, 06:47
I've summed up my totals for the first 8 contests and I think I have 142 pts...anybody better so far?

(I knew I should've entered the nationals prediction contest)

dyl
09.11.2007, 11:15
I've summed up my totals for the first 8 contests and I think I have 142 pts...anybody better so far?
Quite a few actually!

From the Predictions Home Page, click 'See User rankings for the year' ;)

DublinBass
09.11.2007, 12:45
Thanks dyl..that's alot easier than the spreadsheet I was thinking I'd have to whip up.

BTW..I see we are even...I'll have to do something about that with these last three contest ;-)

dyl
09.11.2007, 13:08
Thanks dyl..that's alot easier than the spreadsheet I was thinking I'd have to whip up.

BTW..I see we are even...I'll have to do something about that with these last three contest ;-)

I'm quite gutted actually - I completely forgot to do the Champ Section Finals and all of Pontins! Doh!

Di
09.11.2007, 17:12
I'm quite gutted actually - I completely forgot to do the Champ Section Finals and all of Pontins! Doh!

There's three more contests to do if you wanna try and catch up with those of us higher up the list Dyl. ;) :D

From the Predictions Home Page, click 'See User rankings for the year' ;)

A couple of people have asked for this recently. Perhaps a word with "him indoors" to see if he can find a more prominent position for it. Certainly with my little lap top screen, I now have to scroll down to find it, so perhaps that is why others are missing it too.

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve? :biggrin:

toby-horn
09.11.2007, 18:32
Hey great idea folks.
I really enjoy using the prediction competition thing.
I aint that good at it though coz the bands i got for always do rubbish on the day !!

Di
22.12.2007, 11:51
Righty ho folks. The 2007 compeition is over and has been won by Naval Nick. Well done Nick. :clap:

Butlins 2008 has just been added, so let the 2008 battle commence! ALL sections will close at midnight on Friday 18th January, so get to Prediction Central and get predicting. ;)

Di
09.02.2008, 01:17
Hi all

I have opened up the predictions for the four regions for which the competing bands have been announced. These are : Midlands, Yorkshire, London & Southern Counties and West of England. So pop along to Prediction Central and start filling out those predictions. :)

The other regions will be added as and when the information becomes available.

steve_r
10.02.2008, 13:19
I have archived the 2007 contests as it was all getting a bit cluttered and arranged the contest list by date.

The 2007 contests are still available from the front page if you want to see them

Steve

stephen2001
10.02.2008, 22:20
It's good to see the Predictions up ready for the Areas. I'll have to get my crystal ball out soon!!

There just seems to be a bug in displaying the "Summary of Predictions". It's throwing up various php warnings.

Cheers

Stephen

towse1972
10.02.2008, 22:33
Are Skelmanthorpe b band not competing? Is it my eyes or are they missing?

YorkshireBloke
10.02.2008, 22:43

Yep, they are competing!

Di
10.02.2008, 22:44
It's good to see the Predictions up ready for the Areas. I'll have to get my crystal ball out soon!!

There just seems to be a bug in displaying the "Summary of Predictions". It's throwing up various php warnings.

Cheers

Stephen

I've just shown this to Steve. He said the database will still be in tact and not affected. He will take a look at it tomorrow evening. Apologies and thanks for pointing that out Stephen.

I'm afraid that's my mistake. I've put in Skelmersdale Prize band instead by mistake. I've corrected this now. :redface:

Ipswich trom
11.02.2008, 10:55
Also, Barrow Concert appear in both 2nd and 3rd sections North of England.

hellyfrost
11.02.2008, 12:29
Where's the North West Area prediction?

Di
11.02.2008, 12:35
Also, Barrow Concert appear in both 2nd and 3rd sections North of England.

Sorted. :redface:

Where's the North West Area prediction?

I don't have that information yet. I'm adding the regions as the information becomes available. Keep watching! I will post when I've added them. :)

steve_r
11.02.2008, 19:01
Bug squashed.
To quote the hitchhikers guide and show me to be the geek I really am.. "We have normality........ anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem"

Let me know if you spot owt else anyway tho' (like falling Whales or Geraniums)

Ta

Steve

PS No, I haven't and Yes, I am sober.

Di
17.02.2008, 23:17
Scottish Regionals now added.

Many thanks John. :tup

Di
22.02.2008, 19:30
Welsh Regionals now added:

Click on "tMP Predictions" at the top of the page to be taken to Prediction Central
:)

2004gwyno
22.02.2008, 21:51
where are the welsh regionals?????

dyl
22.02.2008, 21:56

Swansea! ;)

steve_r
22.02.2008, 22:23

I don't know if I am answering the right question here, but we realised today that the links Di has been putting in these threads don't work unless you have recently used the predictions service via the link at the top of all tMP pages. That's how it is supposed to work to restrict the service to registered members but we kinda 'forgot' and posted raw links. :oops:

So - for all contests hit the tMP Predictions link at the top of this page then use the predict Away! link to get a list of all available contests.

If thats the wrong question forget I was here :p

Steve

Di
23.02.2008, 13:01
Righty ho chaps and chapesses. I've now added the North West to Prediction central which completes the line up for this years Regionals. If you've not already done so, pop along and get all your predicting done. Don't forget there is a members' annual rankings so if you want to be at the top of the league, visit all of the regions.

You've gotta be in it to win it. ;)

iggmeister
27.02.2008, 23:40
It seems someone on Facebook has gone one step further than simple predictions with the introduction of 'Flutter on Brass' which appears to be the brass band movement's first bookies.

Out of interest, anyone signed up?

I thought gambling was meant to be regulated and therefore was surprised to see it. Perhaps there will soon be a BB equivalent to the Racing Post. Hmm, just imagine the hacks scouring tMP for all those rumours that people hate...

Igg

richardcowens2008
28.02.2008, 19:36
hi im struggling to get on to the pridictions page, im clicking on it then it says you have to be a member? whats that all about?:confused:

Jan H
28.02.2008, 21:44
hi im struggling to get on to the pridictions page, im clicking on it then it says you have to be a member? whats that all about?:confused:
Did you use the link at the complete top of this page? for me that one works...

Di
29.02.2008, 01:33

If the message you are getting includes the word "REFER" at the end of it, then it is likely that you are running an internet security program such as Norton which removes the referral header from the request. We look for the referral header to make sure you are a registered tMP member and that you have come from the link on tMP. It's possible to configure programs such as Norton to not delete the referral header.

This has been dictated by steve_r. If you're still having difficulties, please send him a PM and he will try to help. Please don't ask me, I'm just the messenger. ;)

Di
03.03.2008, 00:09
I have entered all the results so far into the Yorkshire regional predictions, but we have discovered a bug which prevents us from calculating your annual rankings. No data has been lost from the database and we will put the right and the correct results will be available as soon as possible.

In the mean, your results can be seen on a contest-by-contest basis by clicking on "results by user" within each contest.

Please bear with us, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. :)

Steve will empty the rankings table in the meantime so there is no confusion.

steve_r
07.03.2008, 17:07
OK....

I have started work on the rankings but I have also noticed the 'results by user' button also loads the server up somewhat and occasionally fails so I will also rewrite this over the weekend. Please do not use this unnecessarily

Voting is fine still.

Steve

steve_r
09.03.2008, 14:48
OK Ladies and Gents...

Normal service has been resumed - we now have results by user and annual rankings again.
Sorry I had to take it down - the volume of entries and the way I was working out the results made it too slow and caused errors on the server.

All results up to yesterday are in. If you think your results are being wrongly calculated please let me know ASAP.

Steve

Di
10.03.2008, 23:19
All the results from this weekend have now been added. 5 sections across 5 regions .... ooh my eyes are swimming with numbers! If anyone spots any errors (I hope there are none, but ..) please shout. :)

Di
29.03.2008, 15:19
The European Championships have been added to the Predictions.

Coming soon ....

Spring Festival
Weston Super Mare
Masters.

Di
30.03.2008, 17:03
As promised, The Spring Festival has now been added to Prediction Central. :)

Di
27.04.2008, 17:38
The Masters has also now been added.

Di B
27.04.2008, 20:26
Any chance of buxton next weekend being on predictions? Not sure if there is a list of competing bands available.....

Di
28.04.2008, 16:27
Sorry Di, I haven't a list of bands for this one and it is a little short notice to try to get one from the organisers.

I will however do the Weston contest as soon as a list is available.

If anyone does have a contest they'd like covering and can provide a list of bands, I will be happy to do so.

Di
09.05.2008, 23:42
In their latest line up on www.4barsrest.com, EYMS has been added to the list of contenders for the Masters. I've now added them to the predictions so if anyone wishes to change their predictions, there is still time to do so.

Jan H
10.05.2008, 07:34
Is Willebroek still in the list? I don't think they can make it this year...

Di
10.05.2008, 12:24
Is Willebroek still in the list? I don't think they can make it this year...

Yup, they are in the "confirmed lineup" here.

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=7779

Di
10.05.2008, 23:39
The results from the Spring Festival have now been added, courtesy 4barsrest.

Di
15.05.2008, 16:20
Northern Counties Entertainment Contest now added to Prediction Central.

Don't forget that Weston-Super-Mare and the Masters are also still open for predictions. :)

steve_r
18.05.2008, 19:47
weston 3rd and 4th section added

Steve

steve_r
18.05.2008, 21:08
all done now and rankings calculated

Steve

Di
21.05.2008, 09:49
The English Nationals have now been added. :)

Di
22.05.2008, 09:20
Jaguar (Coventry) Band have now been added to the Masters in Prediction Central. Anyone who wishes to change their predicitions still has time to do so.

Anyone who hasn't made their predictions yet for the Masters or the Northern Counties, get in there an gettum done quick. ;)

Di
08.08.2008, 13:15
Predictions have been added for the British Open. The Harrogate Finals will be added as soon as I have confirmation of which sections are on which day. :)

Di
08.08.2008, 16:25
Hmm, there appears to be a fault with the predictions at the moment. I've reported this to " 'im indoors" and he will look into it either tonight or tomorrow.

Apologies for the inconvenience folks. :(

Aardvark
08.08.2008, 20:14
The Harrogate Finals will be added as soon as I have confirmation of which sections are on which day. :)

In the pack we've had through from Kapitol it says:

Saturday 4th then 3rd
Sunday 1st then 2nd

Di
08.08.2008, 20:50
In the pack we've had through from Kapitol it says:

Saturday 4th then 3rd
Sunday 1st then 2nd

Thank you muchly. :) I can set up the lists even if I can't get it to work. :rolleyes:

steve_r
08.08.2008, 22:04
sorry about that folks

Normal service has been resumed :-)

Please let me know if you see owt else odd.

Steve

Di
09.08.2008, 14:27
Sections 1 - 4 of the National Finals now up and running. :)

Di
06.09.2008, 22:53
The Championship section has now been added to the National Championships. :)

Di
11.10.2008, 20:11
The results have been updated for the National Finals and I've now added Brass in Concert.

Di
11.10.2008, 20:26
And the US Open. :) Scottish Open will follow soon.

Di
08.11.2008, 11:01
OK folks, I've just added the Scottish Open. This will be the last qualifying for tMP Awards points contest set for this year, so get down to Prediction Central and make sure you're up to date with your predictions. There are three contests, Leicester, Brass in Concert and the Scottish Open still currently open to predict. :)

Di
03.01.2009, 18:46
The Yeovil contest has been added to Prediction Central, so get along and take up the crystal ball challenge.;)

Di
12.02.2009, 21:23
Predictions for the following regions have been opened:

Midlands
Yorkshire
Scotland
North of England
North West
L&SC

We are still in need of information for West of England and Wales, but as soon as information is available, we'll get them it loaded and up and running.

Good luck folks. ;)

QAD
19.02.2009, 12:16
Predictions for the following regions have been opened:

Midlands
Yorkshire
Scotland
North of England
North West
L&SC

We are still in need of information for West of England and Wales, but as soon as information is available, we'll get them it loaded and up and running.

Good luck folks. ;)

Any news on the West of England, my thousands of friends and I want to vote for my band;)

Di
19.02.2009, 12:30
I don't have the info to hand yet, but as soon as I do, it'll be programmed in. :)

kierendinno
19.02.2009, 18:48
In the Yorkshire 4th Section, according to the Yorkshire Regional website, Markham main have withdrawn after they entered initially, but they are still appearing on the predictions page...

http://www.regional-contest.org.uk/yorkshire/entry_byyear.php?year=2009%20&section=4

Di
19.02.2009, 20:38
In the Yorkshire 4th Section, according to the Yorkshire Regional website, Markham main have withdrawn after they entered initially, but they are still appearing on the predictions page...

http://www.regional-contest.org.uk/yorkshire/entry_byyear.php?year=2009%20&section=4

Thanks. They've now been removed, so anyone who voted for them will need to go back and amend their predictions. ;)

QAD
26.02.2009, 00:06
I don't have the info to hand yet, but as soon as I do, it'll be programmed in. :)
Hi Di,
West of England information is at http://www.webba.org.uk/reg_champs_2009_11.html
Cheers
Huw

Di
26.02.2009, 01:11
Hi Di,
West of England information is at http://www.webba.org.uk/reg_champs_2009_11.html
Cheers
Huw

Thanks Huw. :) As promised, all up and running. :cool:

Di
26.02.2009, 01:19
Hi folks, have had the following paragraph pointed out:

4BR has also been informed that the Diggle Band in the First Section and the
St John's Mossley Band and Barnton in the Fourth have withdrawn.

The above bands have been removed from prediction central, so anyone affected by this may wish to go back and alter their predictions. ;)

tojo
26.02.2009, 10:13
any news on the welsh area runners and riders

Di
28.02.2009, 11:25
any news on the welsh area runners and riders

Yup, the bands have now been edited into the Welsh Regional Thread and are now available in Prediction Central. :)

Just a reminder to you all, Predictions close at midnight prior to a contest, so anyone who hasn't made their predictions for the North West has until midnight tonight to do so.

Di
01.03.2009, 21:20
The results from the North West Regional have all been added to Prediction Central, but unfortunately, there are so many calculations to be done now that the Rankings cannot calcculate before the timeout period. The "other half" is going to devote some time to this during the coming week, so please be patient and bear with us whilst he tries to solve this problem.

steve_r
08.03.2009, 15:43
Hi all

Sorry for the glitch, the current rankings should now be correct and you should find the pages displaying points per contest etc are a lot faster now.

Please let me know if you think there are any inaccuracies or anything is unduly slow and I will look into it.

Cheers

Steve

Di
22.03.2009, 18:41
With the regionals almost at a close, I've now added The Australian National Championships.

PLEASE NOTE:

As the bands each play on more than one day, I've set ALL the prediction closing dates for midnight on the 8th of April.

Look out for the Europeans and Spring Festival coming soon.

Di
28.03.2009, 12:40
As promised, the European Championships and Spring Festival have now been added. :)

Next up - Weston & Masters.

tojo
30.04.2009, 09:24
can you add polnt of ayr to the spring festival line up please

steve_r
30.04.2009, 21:06
OK they are in.

I have left Timperley in and they will be treated as a 'withdrawn' when we do the results. There are quite a few votes for this band so if you have voted for them you still have time to change your mind.

Steve

Di
04.05.2009, 18:35
For all you Predictaholics, the Masters has now been set up. :)

Di
12.05.2009, 23:41
Aaaaand the English Nationals. :)

damarocto
14.05.2009, 11:13
your contest list for the masters is wrong! Pemberton Old are competing

Di
18.05.2009, 20:24
your contest list for the masters is wrong! Pemberton Old are competing

Apologies. Now added.

Di
18.08.2009, 12:08
It's that time of year again! The Nationals and Wychavon Festival have been added. The British Open will be added as soon as I'm sure of the offical line up.

Di
07.10.2009, 22:38
Pontins has now been added to Prediction Central.

Courtesy www.4barsrest.com (http://www.4barsrest.com)

Di
25.10.2009, 18:24
All the results entered for Pontins.

Brass in Concert now added.
;)

DublinBass
02.11.2009, 12:00
Can we get the US Open up?

Di
02.11.2009, 12:48
Can we get the US Open up?

Yes dear. :);)

Di
13.11.2009, 19:36
Scottish Open now added.

Di
19.11.2009, 16:51
Leicester contest now added, so get your predicting caps on. :)

trippo
21.11.2009, 10:35
Leicester contest now added, so get your predicting caps on. :)

Di, Is the date for the 3rd section correct or should it also be 29/11? Currently showing as closed for predictions and I would hate missing the opportunity to vote

Di
21.11.2009, 14:48
Di, Is the date for the 3rd section correct or should it also be 29/11? Currently showing as closed for predictions and I would hate missing the opportunity to vote

Apoligies for this. Just a "typo". :redface: Need 'im indoors to delve into the database for me to correct this, which he's having a look at now. All should be sorted as soon as possible. :redface:

Di
21.11.2009, 15:04
Sorted. :redface: Predict away.

Di
22.11.2009, 12:11
I've now added bands to the fourth section of the Leicester contest. I really was having a bad head day when I set that up wasn't I? :( Apologies to all.

Di
16.01.2010, 22:47
For those who haven't noticed yet, as promised, the predictions for Butlins are now open.

BigHorn
17.01.2010, 09:39
Di,
please can you make it clear whether this is for the overall prize or the set test piece in the championship section contest. I think peoples choices would be different depending on this.
thanks

Di
17.01.2010, 11:10
It is for the final result on the Championship.

Captain Cymru
01.02.2010, 10:07
Will you be adding the Welsh Open to the competition this year? good line up of bands?

Di
01.02.2010, 16:06
Will you be adding the Welsh Open to the competition this year? good line up of bands?

Since you asked so nicely (and that there is a list of bands available! ) consider it done. :)

Di
20.02.2010, 01:11
Seven out of the eight regions have now been opened in Prediction Central. I was hoping to open all eight sections together, but the first region is now only two weeks away, so I thought best to get started. :)

Obviously, as soon as an official list is released, I'll add the Welsh sections too. Good luck everyone. :)

PS. If anyone spots any mistakes, let me know and I'll do my best to get them put right. :rolleyes:

Di
21.02.2010, 01:45
OK, you now have the complete Regionals line up in Prediction central. Get yer votes in chaps and chapesses. :)

BigHorn
25.02.2010, 20:31
Gentle Reminder if you get a moment --- The Welsh Open results haven't been applied yet.

Di
25.02.2010, 21:08
Gentle Reminder if you get a moment --- The Welsh Open results haven't been applied yet.

Arrrghhh, sorry, sorry. I've looked at that a couple of times this week and thought "yea done that.. " :oops::(

Anyway, done now. :)

Di
09.04.2010, 19:30
Europeans, Spring Festival and Masters now all open in Prediction Central. :)

Thanks Mr Flower for pointing out the line up is now confirmed for Blackpool. ;)

Di
15.05.2010, 20:28
Prediction results for the Spring Festival all entered and for those who haven't done so yet, entries are open for the Masters and English Nationals.

Di
20.08.2010, 16:24
The Open and Finals are now both available in prediction central for all you predicting fans.
;)

Di
15.10.2010, 19:36
Slightly behind Mr Flower, :roll: but predictions for Pontins are now up and running in Prediction Central. :)

Paddy Flower
22.10.2010, 13:06
Slightly behind Mr Flower, :roll: but predictions for Pontins are now up and running in Prediction Central. :)

We're not playing games 'ere m'luv... :tongue:

Di
06.11.2010, 17:09
Brass in Concert and Scottish Festival now up and running in Prediction Central.

Di
13.01.2011, 19:17
Hi all

Prediction Central is back up and running and Butlins is now locked and loaded.

Unfortunately, the database got corrupted and all attempts at reviving it failed, so we've lost the previous years history.

In reinstating predictions, we've used the original list of bands which was handed to us a few years ago. I've done a little work and research and have altered band names and added new bands, but if I've still got any names wrong, ie, new sponsors etc, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll get them changed for you.

Many apologies for the break in service and the loss of the history.

Happy predicting.

Di
28.01.2011, 16:31
Hi all.

Uni Brass along with regionals for North West, West of England and Yorkshire are now available. Further regionals will be added as soon as official line ups are available. :)

Di
05.02.2011, 17:46
Midlands and North of England now added to Prediction Central.

Di
11.02.2011, 17:31
London and Southern Counties now added to the regionals in Prediction Central. :)

Di
17.02.2011, 11:46
Scotland area now added. :)

Also, thanks to a note from Bassmittens, Deepcar have been added Yorkshire 4th Section. Many apologies for the error. :redface:

Sop_Or_Bass?
17.02.2011, 14:17
AW Parker Drybrook appear to have been replaced with MacTaggart Scott Loanhead

Di
18.02.2011, 00:38
AW Parker Drybrook appear to have been replaced with MacTaggart Scott Loanhead

Arrghhh. Ooops. I know what I did, not quite sure how I did it, but I've undone it. :)

The votes for AW Parker Drybrook are in tact for West of England, but anyone who voted for MacTaggart Scott Loanhead in the Scottish Area will need to vote again I'm afraid. :redface: Sorry chaps. I'm only human after all. ;)

Di
21.02.2011, 23:09
And the Welsh Regionals are now up and running. :)

Di
22.02.2011, 19:48
Now that we have the confirmed line up for the Scottish Area, would those who have voted for Turriff Silver in the fourth section like to revisit and change their predictions please. :)

Di
25.03.2011, 00:17
Thanks to Paddy, Euros now added to Prediction Central. :)

Di
13.04.2011, 17:21
Thanks again to Paddy, and also to Frank, Spring Festival now open in Prediction Central. :)

Di
04.05.2011, 17:14
Masters now available in Prediction Central.

Di
21.05.2011, 19:50
English Nationals now up and running. :)

Di
15.07.2011, 20:46
National Championships now locked and loaded in Prediction Central. Lets get the ball rolling. :cool:

Di
01.08.2011, 21:26
The British Open has now been uploaded for all you Predictaholics. :p

tat
30.08.2011, 18:33
Where's the predictions gone ???

TheMusicMan
30.08.2011, 20:33
Where's the predictions gone ???

You obviously don't read the latest posts re the server outage. The predictions are gone for the time being, we had a massive server outage and for the past week have been rebuilding the server and system. The predictions are a separate script that we can't yet install. Sorry!

ngar
05.09.2011, 09:06
how do I find my predictions on this new site? I can't see the button that used to be at the top of the page..?

PeterBale
05.09.2011, 09:25
how do I find my predictions on this new site? I can't see the button that used to be at the top of the page..?

See the post above ^^

jivebunny78
14.09.2011, 13:03
Why can't I see TMP Predictions at the top of any pages?

WoodenFlugel
14.09.2011, 13:42
[sigh] see above ^^^

CubbRep
01.02.2012, 15:30
Any news as to when the predictions page will be back up and running ?

Roger Thorne
18.12.2012, 23:13
Thread closed