'Precussionists' (sic). Presumably the sort who keep coming in early? :wink:

You mean there is a sort of percussionist who comes in on time :?: :wink:

Naomi McFadyen
12.11.2003, 15:15
hello

Dave Payn
12.11.2003, 15:18
hello

Help! We've spotted one! Pull up the drawbridge, quick!

I'm joshin' Naomi, particularly as someone who has tried to learn percussion (tuned, anyway) as a second study! :-)

Straightmute
12.11.2003, 15:44
hello

Hi Naomi. Didn't you come in early yesterday? (Tambourine???)

D

Morghoven
12.11.2003, 18:40

Most of us try to balance out the occasions on which we come in early by coming in late at other times! :twisted: Does that count?! Although maybe Naomi is the exception to that rule...

Dave

drummerboy
12.11.2003, 19:31
Another percussionist here.

bregeband1223
12.11.2003, 19:55

I come in on time i am never late lol :D

Naomi McFadyen
12.11.2003, 20:58
hello

Hi Naomi. Didn't you come in early yesterday? (Tambourine???)

D

Hellooo
lol! Yup! Sure did! Twice in fact I think before I got it right... :roll:
I blamed it on one of the other percussionists (:-P) (the one who played the tam tam, marked a bar before I come in) :lol:

:D

Naomi McFadyen
12.11.2003, 21:03
Most of us try to balance out the occasions on which we come in early by coming in late at other times! :twisted: Does that count?! Although maybe Naomi is the exception to that rule...

Dave

Well errrrrm, I'm never usually early... or late!!!

Only recently... :shock:

and I'm not gonna say what I'm thinking next, cos it's not something I should put in public :-P

ukdrummerboy
12.11.2003, 22:35
Another one here!

Anyway, i dont think we come in late, the band come in early!

Naomi McFadyen
12.11.2003, 22:50
... and we don't come in early, the band are late! lol!
(apart from the tambourine incident yesterday in uni, I was a whole bar early then... :roll: )

oh yea, and at a concert over the weekend with Leyland I played a really loud clash cymbal 2, yes TWO bars early, and guess what?!... no-one noticed!! lmao! :lol:

Morghoven
13.11.2003, 00:49
oh yea, and at a concert over the weekend with Leyland I played a really loud clash cymbal 2, yes TWO bars early, and guess what?!... no-one noticed!! lmao! :lol:

If you're gonna come in at the wrong place, do it in style! :D

Naomi McFadyen
13.11.2003, 01:38
oh yes of course!!
I was told by our 3rd percist that it "fitted in quite well actually!"

I got away with it! Whoohoo!

onedrummeruk
13.11.2003, 15:11
And another one here.

Coming in early...........................oooo errrr missus

drum_chick_sj
23.07.2004, 17:08
well the percussionists thread kinda died didn't it. Lets try n get it going again. We've got another percussionist who has joined now!! :D

Naomi McFadyen
23.07.2004, 20:45
I'm surprised drummergurl hasnt posted in here yet!!!

... and yes, it kinda sizzled and got forgotten about.... part of me was glad... brought back memories from that tambourine incident :lol:

drummergurl
24.07.2004, 00:19
hey hey, i didnt know that this was here coz since i joined i never looked at loads of old posts and stuff so didnt know this was around, but i do now!! sounds good this topic (partly)

oh yeah practised my timps today, well at 10pm sat on the floor in our living room with the cushions from the sofa arranged around me, was kinda uncomfortable, so i leant against the wall to save loadsa stress on my back. was funny my music stand was the pouffe (sp??)-(footrest thingy) and the floor, then the dog decided to sit right in the middle of me and my music meaning i couldnt see wot i had to play next.

i goin on bout nothin again arent i??? (i blame it on the 2pints of coke)

Naomi McFadyen
24.07.2004, 10:02

well, some things never change :lol:

Nice to hear you were practising last night... keep it up! :-P :)

drum_chick_sj
24.07.2004, 18:43
oh yeah practised my timps today, well at 10pm sat on the floor in our living room with the cushions from the sofa arranged around me, was kinda uncomfortable, so i leant against the wall to save loadsa stress on my back. was funny my music stand was the pouffe (sp??)-(footrest thingy) and the floor, then the dog decided to sit right in the middle of me and my music meaning i couldnt see wot i had to play next.

I know exactly how u feel with a dog doing that when ur trying to erm......practise (on rare occasions, lol). Mine only ever seems to come to see me when am playing me vibraphone n then finds it incredibly interesting to find out how the sound comes out if the pipes underneath, loving the fact she gets in my feet when i'm using the pedal!!!! :x

drummerboy
25.07.2004, 03:38

Yeah, some of us do! :P :P

Naomi McFadyen
25.07.2004, 12:16
*cough*

well....... ermmmm.... yea.....

*cough*

some of us sleep at stoopid o clock ;-)

drummergurl
26.07.2004, 13:36

well, some things never change :lol:

LMAO!!!! :D :lol: yep i practised and my bro n mum can vouch for the timp practise!!!! anyhoo havent done much practise last couple of days (am in exeter and havent found a xylophone anywhere to practise that, and dont think my aunt n uncle n cousins would be too pleased if i roobed off with wot they were sitting on to practise timps) anyho, im currently in a library with a time limit on how long i can spend on here...

c ya!!!

stabbyjnr
26.07.2004, 20:01
i turn up on time but i do suppose thats because im a cornet player too!!! :P

Hell's_Trombone
26.07.2004, 21:13
Im a percussionist too but i dont play in a band except for the percussion one at school. Does that count?