PDA

View Full Version : Cyberjam

Jules Cornet
11.11.2003, 09:24
I saw the West End Show 'Cyberjam' last Saturday.

'Cyberjam' is from the same genre as 'Blast' which appeared in the West End about 2 or 3 years ago. The American cast of around 30 musicians (mainly brass and percussion, with a few amazing saxophonists thown in) will amaze you with there playing, and there creativeness, including playing trombone while on a trampoline! (5 of them at once!)

The performance of Bohemian Rhapsody has to be seen to be believed and the whole theatre literally rocked as they belted out Good Vibrations. My two teenage children thought it was brilliant and the standing ovation was a fitting response to two hours of fabulous entertainment.

Not sure how long it will be on in London, so I would recommend anyone who is in easy reach of the capital try and catch it quick. You may get some ideas for your next entertainments contest!

psst. Try lastminute.com for some fantastic ticket offers!

Jules Cornet

Naomi McFadyen
11.11.2003, 09:28
the whole theatre literally rocked as they belted out Good Vibrations

Oh smashing! So the theory of that song works then! ;-)

PeterBale
11.11.2003, 09:36
Originally due to finish mid-December, the run has now been extended into January. Follow the link for further details:

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/londontheatre/news/nov03/4nov03cyberjam.htm

Andrew Justice had also posted somewhere to say it was a good show - pity it is on at such a busy time of year!

Jules Cornet
11.11.2003, 09:43
It was Andrew Justice's post on 4 bars rest that encouraged me to go. Link to the show is as follows www.cyberjamtheshow.com/flash_home.htm.

We also went to the Lord Mayor's show and were able to catch Grimethorpe playing outside St Paul's Cathedral too! All this and home in time for Pop Idol!

PeterBale
11.11.2003, 10:47
We also went to the Lord Mayor's show and were able to catch Grimethorpe playing outside St Paul's Cathedral too! All this and home in time for Pop Idol!

Our timbrels were on the Lord Mayor's Show, and then made it out to Thaxted for our "Last Noight of the Proms" concert - they were shattered by the time they'd finished, though :wink:

carlwoodman
11.11.2003, 19:26
I would endorse all comments here about Cyberjam, a sensational evenings entertainment.
I've been twice now but must admit I feel for the musicians that, day in day out, are playing to a partly filled theatre.
The cast greet you in the foyer on the way out and it's been good to chat to a few of them to encourage them and find out about their preparations for the show.

I seem to remember that Blast started rather quietly but then the word got around and they were playing to full houses every night in the end.
Bohemian Rhapsody is superb, so creative. I loved watching the trombones playing the 'pyramid' with their instruments through their legs!

If you haven't been yet, get there soon!

(re)tired tenor
15.11.2003, 22:56
Just returned from London after buying tickets from www.lastminute.com for Cyberjam (10 for 2 seats 3 rows back from the front of stage). It has been a wonderful day out - the show is fantastic & so energetic. Only one word of warning :? - my husband is showing too much interest in the female trombone player (& I don't think it is just her "sound" which entranced him!) Thanks to the posting on 4barsrest - otherwise we would never have heard about this show - make sure you see it soon

Accidental
13.12.2003, 21:59
Just got home from seeing the show this pm. WOW :shock:
I thought Blast was fab, but this was something else! It certainly puts all the post-Spennymore how-entertaining-is dropping-yer-pants discussions into perspective.

If you haven't seen it yet, go now!!!

Andrew Justice had also posted somewhere to say it was a good show - pity it is on at such a busy time of year!
I saw Andrew there again today so he must have been impressed!

lynchie
23.12.2003, 00:28
i went down to see this with a load of people from my youth band. Such an amazing show, and those guys have bags of talent! I have a feeling they sit at home in massive mansions with gorgeous wives, quietly smiling to themselves...