PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Areas

Alan Fernie
03.05.2007, 07:53
Does anyone have exact dates for the areas next year, in particular, the Scottish and the North of England? I have seen that the Scottish might be later on in March than it usually is (22nd/23rd), but I've also heard it might be when it usually is! (8th/9th) SBBA's website gives no clues away as to either, and I'm not sure if the North of England has a web site. It's possible that this may have been posted on tMp already, but any info would be very welcome!

Thanks folks.

michellegarbutt
03.05.2007, 08:07
The Northern area always starts 3rd Saturday in March so next year it should be 19/20 March

Alan Fernie
03.05.2007, 08:11
The Northern area always starts 3rd Saturday in March so next year it should be 19/20 March

Thanks, Michelle - do you mean the 15/16th?

johnmartin
03.05.2007, 11:25
Alan, the dates printed in the Scottish program are incorrect, that is the easter weekend. According to the last SBBA minutes, available for download from the site, the Scottish is on the weekend of 8th/9th March at the Rothes Halls in Glenrothes.

Alan Fernie
03.05.2007, 11:34
Thanks John.

Lauradoll
03.05.2007, 12:47
Not always though- the first year I lived up here I'm sure it was on the last weekend in February? I may be wrong though.

T Winch
03.05.2007, 13:12
Not always though- the first year I lived up here I'm sure it was on the last weekend in February? I may be wrong though.

I seem to remember they tried it in February for a year and it proved unpopular so they moved it back to its traditional dates.

Lauradoll
03.05.2007, 13:15
Alan, the dates printed in the Scottish program are incorrect, that is the easter weekend. According to the last SBBA minutes, available for download from the site, the Scottish is on the weekend of 8th/9th March at the Rothes Halls in Glenrothes.

Really??!! The Rothes Halls? That's a good move surely?

michellegarbutt
03.05.2007, 18:37
Thanks, Michelle - do you mean the 15/16th?

Yes my maths isn't the greatest early on a morning I counted the wrong way and allowed an extra day for leap year next year.

The contest was on in Feb one year as the dolphin centre wasn't available on our normal weekend. A questionnaire went out to all bands afterwards asking did we want to keep it in Feb or go back to March. It was very clear cut that March was preferred