PDA

View Full Version : tMP Announces '4 Years Live' Awards!

TheMusicMan
26.11.2006, 10:19
http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/4yrslive.gif tMP Announces '4 Years Live' Awards!

Well, in true tMP tradition we feel it's important to celebrate past events, both here on the site, and in the general banding world and so we introduce the "tMP '4 Years Live' awards".

I am sure some of you will remember previous years awards, so as we have just passed our 4th birthday, later today (26th) we will open the nomination categories for this years awards. These nomination threads will run till Sunday 10th December, when we will close and collate the nominations. You will then be able to vote on the top 10 nominated entries in each category up until midday on Saturday 23rd December. The results of all the polls will be collated, and announced on Sunday 24th December - maybe an early Christmas suprise for some eh.

The rules are the same for previous previous year awards!:
The Judges decision is final - judges on these awards are tMP Moderators and SiteAdmin - though the polls will determine ultimate winners...
The "4 Years Live" awards are meant as a good 'ol banding fun - please don't be offended if you don't win.
There will be a maximum of 10 nominations entered in each category - if more than 10 nominations are received, then the award judges will determine which nominations are carried forward and entered into the final polls.
Nominations will be accepted up until midday Sunday 10th December - voting in online polls will commence later that day.
Voting will close at 12:00 midday on Sat 23rd December with the results being announced and posted on tMP on Sunday 24th December
Anonymous nominations can also be made by PM to one of the judges. The judge will then enter the nominee in the category.Once again the categories have been split up into two main groups - 'Fun Awards' and 'Banding Awards' - nominations will be accepted for all categories apart from Award #19 - 'The Website of the Year' - the nominations for this award will be the previous winners of the Website of the Month contest; and Award #20 - the 'tMP Special Award - for outstanding contribution to the banding movement' - the winner of this award will be selected by the tMP Team. So, here are the categories for this year, along with a link to their respective nomination categories:

tMP 'Fun' Awards:

1 - Funniest User - tMP Comedian Award
2 - Best Individual Post - tMP Post Award
3 - Best Avatar - tMP Best Picture Award
4 - Best Signature - tMP Autograph Award
5 - Best Username - tMP Intuition Award
6 - Best Thread or Article Submission - tMP Author Award (awarded to the thread starter)
7 - Most Thought Provoking Thread - tMP Rodin Award (awarded to the thread starter)
8 - Person who gives most info on banding - tMP Banding Boffin Award
9 - General favourite poster - tMP Users Choice Award
10 - Most on topic - tMP Accuracy Award
11 - Most sarcastic comment/user - tMP Danger Award
12 - Person who spends most time on tMP - tMP Saddo Award
13 - tMP Gallery Image of the Year - tMP Photographer Award

tMP Banding Awards:

14 - Solo CD of the Year - tMP Soloist Award
15 - Band CD of the Year - tMP Gramophone Award
16 - Best new music of the last 12 months - tMP Musician Award
17 - Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award
18 - Bandsperson of the Year - tMP Service Award
19 - Website of the Year - tMP www Award (nominations to come from WoM winners)
20 - tMP Special Award - for outstanding contribution to the movement (tMP Team to decide on winner)

We sincerely hope you enjoy this latest round of tMP Awards, and join in every single one of the categories to place your nominations and vote for your favourites!

Happy nominating, and voting!

Sopha
11.12.2006, 11:33
I Thought the nominating ended on the 10th of December ??

Jan H
11.12.2006, 12:15
I Thought the nominating ended on the 10th of December ??

The tMP Team have decided to extend the deadline for nominations by a week (until December 17th) because of the disappointing entries in a couple of categories. Voting will start next week (provided we have enough nominations) and the results will be announced on 1st of January (or thereabouts).

So come on people, get nominating!

little_miss_marcroft
20.12.2006, 02:43
I want to nominate late

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19331

For best thread. Some bloomin good arguments on here and a LOT of interest involved too.

little_miss_marcroft
20.12.2006, 02:44
And I *reeeaaaally* only nominated on 19th December as I haven't yet been to bed!!!!!!!!!

Sopha
20.12.2006, 21:00
so what happens now??

Di
20.12.2006, 21:02
We're compiling lists from the nominations right this minute, as we speak, so watch out for the polls appearing soon. ;)