PDA

View Full Version : Event Questions

lynchie
27.10.2003, 15:21
Just thought I'd start this for questions about "The Event" instead of messing up the other thread.

Just a few of my own :

1 Where in Birmingham is the studio?
2. What are we going to play?
3. Are you going to be sending out parts to everyone before hand?

ps. I know I haven't signed up yet. My boss is on holiday and I can't book time off till he's back. Consider me a provisional! :D

Big Twigge
27.10.2003, 16:23
Just a quickie...is everyone going to stay over on friday night so that we could have another tMP social?

Roger Thorne
27.10.2003, 23:50
I appreciate that you will have lots of questions for us to answer on this one, but as we've only just been given the go-ahead we haven't got the answers ourselves just yet.

We are now working flat out behind the scenes to organise this as promptly as possible and when we have further details we will post them on here.

:wink:

lynchie
28.10.2003, 16:22
Just thought of another one...

What are we all going to be wearing at the event? I imagine black trousers and white shirts will be the basis, but could we get some lovely company to provide jackets as long as they can put their name on them? Always good for companies to be seen to be charitable!!!

PeterBale
28.10.2003, 16:44
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.

Trom41821
28.10.2003, 18:45
I know you mods/organisers are working like stink to get this sorted but I guess if a few people post lots of questions then there will be fewer postings to look through rather than many with only one question :!:

Anyway that complicated thought over:-

Will we be getting an application form or sponsorship form? I notice from earlier postings on this subject we were going to be expected to raise at least 10.00e each.

Thanks to all for making this event possible :D :D :D :D :D

Big Twigge
28.10.2003, 19:39
I know that this shouldn't really be under this topic, but as its to with the event I thought I might get away with it.

Just thought I'd let you know that mum (bless her) has said that she'll give a donation of 1 to Children in Need for every player in theMouthPiece.com Band.

Shes so lovely!

Roger Thorne
28.10.2003, 19:45
Good 'old Mum's eh!

Mine offered to donate 10 when I told her 'the event' was going ahead.

:wink:

TheMusicMan
28.10.2003, 19:50
To everyone who has posted a question here... many thanks to you for your interest and support, and we will get back with answers to these questions very soon. I have been on the telephone and will possibly have to meet up with BBC representative soon to discuss fine details etc. Look out for a further update by the weekend.

Thanks a million for your support, this is gonna be a good one I'm sure... :)

John

lynchie
29.10.2003, 09:32
When the tMP band performed in the past the suggestion was that people wore their own band jackets.

I'm not sure that would be too camera friendly from the BBC's point of view though...

PeterBale
29.10.2003, 09:51

I'm not sure that would be too camera friendly from the BBC's point of view though...

The main advantage, apart form the fact that most people should be able to come up with a jacket that fits - at least sort of :wink: - is that it highlights the diversity that theMouthPiece represents.

John: Had you thought of making it possible for tMPers who are unable to make it themselves to contribute to Children in Need via the site?

davidsait
29.10.2003, 11:28

The main advantage, apart form the fact that most people should be able to come up with a jacket that fits - at least sort of :wink: - is that it highlights the diversity that theMouthPiece represents.

I'd agree with that.

michellegarbutt
31.10.2003, 08:29

For WhitFriday we wore black trousers , white shirts and our own band tie.
For Easingwold we wore our own band uniform
What about wearing our tmp t shirts?

Another question when we find out where we're playing can we find out if theres any disabled parking nearby 'cos if theres not ChewyTuba is going to have problems

picju96
31.10.2003, 11:39

I don't have a band jacket!

davidsait
31.10.2003, 12:18

Yes you do, it's black!

Or we could wear what we use for our 'less formal concerts' - our polo shirts!

picju96
31.10.2003, 16:13

Yes you do, it's black!

Or we could wear what we use for our 'less formal concerts' - our polo shirts!

Oh ok then, polo shirts I think, although we could look a bit out of place!

super_sop
31.10.2003, 17:19

I'd agree with that.
I'd go with that to.

ans as for camra friendly, after test the nation, it wouldnt really matter what colour you r wear. I wore a "sugested" colour and still looked a Pillock!!!

Jo Elson
04.11.2003, 09:57
That sounds a cool idea wearing our own band jackets, it'll show how wide tMP's spread. And cos not every1 has a tMP shirt etc. and then no one will look out of place if every1 is different anyway

cornetgirl
04.11.2003, 19:50
Neither of my band jackets fit so I'll be the one looking like a total plonker!

I'll be in Brum from the Thursday due to the need to get lots of free biros at the Dental Trade Exhibition (and a free teddy bear from one of my labs!) so how about tMP socials on the Thurs and Fri??? :guiness

Rach x

neiltwist
04.11.2003, 20:33
Neither of my band jackets fit so I'll be the one looking like a total plonker!

I'll be in Brum from the Thursday due to the need to get lots of free biros at the Dental Trade Exhibition (and a free teddy bear from one of my labs!) so how about tMP socials on the Thurs and Fri??? :guiness

Rach x

can't be there by thursday, but friday...

neiltwist
04.11.2003, 23:01
this isn't a question for the organisers, but

who is getting the train from Manchester/Stockport?

just thought we could arrange to get the same train, and at least then any taxis etc at the other end could be shared, and we could also pre-book

so far, I think there's myself, Spaarkly, and possibly Leisa getting the train.

so post away, maybe we can get bulk discount?

davidsait
05.11.2003, 12:05
Ok, are we any closer to confirming the venue?

The main reason here being that picju and myself are coming by train (unless theres any offers for a lift from cov :-) )and we need to know which station to come into (I'm assuming New Street....) and then get a taxi to the venue.

Di B
05.11.2003, 12:13
Silly question.... we have players, but who is conducting? I know they 'ain't important but hey, its for charity :lol:

lynchie
05.11.2003, 16:27
I'll probably be getting the train from manchester. Don't think I'll be able to blag the car from work that weekend, and I quite fancy a few post match pints!

Di B
14.11.2003, 10:06
Question.... does the BBC know have any parking facilities? Alternatively, do they know anywhere cheap to park?

Just thinking a several hour pass in Brum city centre is gonna be pricey for drivers.....

Cheers

super_sop
19.11.2003, 11:41
Another question, when do you want the money sent in by, i only ask as ive been off work for two weeks, and therefore havent been able to collect the money off everybody.

lynchie
19.11.2003, 11:57
is there any chance I can just bob along with a cheque on the day? Don't think the post would get to you before then now anyway! And being a poor student (sort of) type, I don't have any envelopes or stamps!

TheMusicMan
19.11.2003, 12:06
As for money, we appreciate that it takes time to collect whatever you have raised. You can give me a cheque on the day, pay anytime by the paypal link in tMP e-Shop, or do either when you have eventually collected your sponsorship.

I think I will leave it two weeks until I submit a final cheque from tMp to BBC CiN, this should give everyone enough time to sort out their sponsorship etc...

JessopSmythe
19.11.2003, 12:20
Is anyone going to bring a laptop so we can keep up a tMP live commentary on the event?

TheMusicMan
19.11.2003, 12:22
Is anyone going to bring a laptop so we can keep up a tMP live commentary on the event?

Britannia Hotel has wifi in rooms.... and I have wifi laptop... :):) and guess where I am staying then... :?:

cornetgirl
19.11.2003, 16:01
Me too John - you may wanna change that hotel now! :wink:

Rach x

Di B
19.11.2003, 16:41
Can I ask what is happening with Sponsorship?

Are we...

1) Collecting it and handing it over on the day to one of you...
2) Collecting it after the event

Its just I told someone something when it looks like I should have said another! :oops:

Keppler
19.11.2003, 16:45
Di, we'll probably allocate about 2 weeks after the event for collection purposes.
I'm paypal-ing mine through this evening though!

TheMusicMan
19.11.2003, 17:17
As for money, we appreciate that it takes time to collect whatever you have raised. You can give me a cheque on the day, pay anytime by the paypal link in tMP e-Shop, or do either when you have eventually collected your sponsorship.

I think I will leave it two weeks until I submit a final cheque from tMp to BBC CiN, this should give everyone enough time to sort out their sponsorship etc...

Hi Di...

See my quote above re payment of sponsorship money... :) your call really. :)

Di B
19.11.2003, 18:02
Thats the mail that confused me! :o (It doesn't take a lot!)

I thought we were handing over the cheque on Friday as well or are we just pledging that amount?

Ta

Keppler
19.11.2003, 18:05
We're hoping for a photo with a big novelty cheque, but of course, all that needs is an estimate of the total amount, a large marker, and plenty of cheesy grins...

TheMusicMan
19.11.2003, 18:11
Correct Neal....

Di - sorry to confuse you, but all we need on Friday is an amount pledged so far so that I can fill this in on the promotional cheque ready for the 'big cheesy grins' on camera... :D

I just spoke (yet again) to the BBC who say that 2 weeks is fine to get all sponsorship money in. All I'd like is an amount that is as close as possible to the final amount.

J

Di B
19.11.2003, 18:12
Ahhh! Thats why I got confused!

Ok - I can do the cheesy grin.... :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm

neiltwist
19.11.2003, 20:53
wifi eh...

I'll be there! watch out for many drunken posts!

Keppler
19.11.2003, 21:00
are you suggesting that that will be different from normal NT? ;)

neiltwist
19.11.2003, 21:59
erm, no, but with a laptop and a wifi card...