PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Saunders

Cantonian
03.11.2006, 14:40
It is with mixed feelings that I report the Promotion to Glory of my Dad Trevor Saunders at teh age of 77. He had been ill for some while but died peacefully in Hospital in his sleep the early hours of 1st November 2006.

He was a member of Canton Band for more than forty years playing cornet, horn and latterly baritone. He was the YP band leader at Canton for about five years in the late 1960's- early 70's and throughout his life started a large number of youngsters on brass instruments, some of whom have gone on to play in the Welsh Guards band as well as others in bands across the UK

I am pleased that he will suffer no longer but he will be missed by all of his family and innumerable friends and acquaintances.

His funeral, a celebration of his life, is on Thursday 9th November at 12 noon at Cardiff Canton Salvation Army.

PeterBale
03.11.2006, 21:35
Sorry to hear your news, but as you say it will be a release for him. Be assured that you and the rest of the family will be in our thoughts and prayers in the coming days.

John Brooks
04.11.2006, 03:18
Please accept my sincere condolances. I pray that you and your family will know God's peace at this time.

TheMusicMan
05.11.2006, 10:49
My thoughts are with you at this time Mike.

no2taz
05.11.2006, 14:57
just to let you know that you and the fmilly are being thought of at this time. Im sure the fond memmories will be of help through the coming days.

Breathe on me, breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what Thou dost love,
And do what Thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life
Of Thine eternity.