PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious drunken sighting of BT Band???!!!

geordiecolin
12.10.2003, 23:33
I have a strange tale to tell (well its not that strange actually).........

Last night (11th Oct), after a few beverages in the pub, me and my housemate were making our way to the local chippy at about 11.30pm(Broomhill Friery -best chips in Sheffield), when a bus passed us.

It was then that I noticed the sign in the bus window - "The BT Band".

I gave the people on the bus a wave but just got some strange looks - "Oooh, another drunk student taking the mickey!!" no doubt.

Anyway, it strikes meet as strange that BT Band were passing through Broomhill at nearly midnight. My only thought could be that they were coming from Manchester having come over Snake Pass. Or was this just a drunken mirage?????? :?: :?: Were they really there :?:
Someone please enlighten me!!

asteria
13.10.2003, 10:18
Yes it was us, we weren't a mirage!!

Yes we were driving around Sheffield in the wee hours of the morning because our coach driver couldn't find his way out! He took us over the moors to get back to Manchester (which I'm sure isn't the quickest or wisest way with a coach!).

We'd just done a concert in Sheffield City Hall as part of a scottish tattoo tour. The highlight of the evening though was not the bagpipes (they were double booked so we had twice as many!), or the highland dancers, it was meeting Jarvis Cocker after the concert!! His sister's band was playing in the same building and he stood around chatting to half BT, signing autographs!!! He was surprisingly nice! :D

We only put the sign on the bus at the last minute in a flash of inspiration, glad we did now! We'll wave back next time! :D

geordiecolin
13.10.2003, 13:56
You must have been lost since you were heading back into Sheffield!!!
You should have stopped and asked for directions! I would have been happy to help.
It's a good job it wasn't in the winter - Snake Pass is precarious at the best of times!!

Lauradoll
13.10.2003, 17:34
Heading back into Sheffield???? We only did that about 3 TIMES I think, after we'd been round and round and round the industrial estates of Sheffield. You'd have thought that after we got lost on the way, the coach driver would have used his 7 hous "break" to find us a route back. Never mind. Thanks to the excellent navigational skills of Andy Dallymore, we eventually arrived safely in Stockport! As Helen said, JARVIS mania hit the coach, I've been telling all my brats about my night out with Mr Cocker, and was even more shocked to find some of them actually knew who he is!!

Hope we're not going to the Albert Halll with the same driver!!!! Aaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

michellegarbutt
16.10.2003, 17:20
Heading back into Sheffield???? We only did that about 3 TIMES I think, after we'd been round and round and round the industrial estates of Sheffield. You'd have thought that after we got lost on the way, the coach driver would have used his 7 hous "break" to find us a route back. Never mind. Thanks to the excellent navigational skills of Andy Dallymore, we eventually arrived safely in Stockport! As Helen said, JARVIS mania hit the coach, I've been telling all my brats about my night out with Mr Cocker, and was even more shocked to find some of them actually knew who he is!!

Hope we're not going to the Albert Halll with the same driver!!!! Aaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

Know the feeling. On our way to play with the tmp band at Whit Friday we spent nearly 4 hours driving around Sheffield trying to find the house we were staying at. No matter which road we took we always seemed to end up at the football stadium

geordiecolin
17.10.2003, 01:09
Well there are 2........

Lauradoll
17.10.2003, 09:06
Yeah but there aren't 2 City Halls, our driver couldn't find the one!!! In the daylight. Even with signposts. Never mind eh. Some people are just not cut out for the job.....................

asteria
17.10.2003, 13:37
Sheffield must be the centre of the universe, cos it appeared that no matter which road you take they all lead into it!

Yeah, this new coach driver was useless, our old one was better, just cos he was a Billy Rushworth look-a-like!! :D