PDA

View Full Version : How the devil do i...

2nd man down
19.06.2006, 09:21
Make a link to a thread appear as "Click here" for example???? I know there's some fance script you put round the link but for the life of me I can't figure it out!! :mad: I've been told how to do it before but i've deleted the pm yonks ago, so I figured if it gets answered in here it'll help others too!

Heeeeeeeeelllppp!!!! :(

Cornishwomble
19.06.2006, 09:25
Go to the websitde you want to link to and copy the URL (or address!) with Control C
Then in the message if for example you write the words Emley website you can then turn that into the link by highlighting the words Emley website and then clicking on the button with the picture of the globe with the link sign.
A box will appear asking you to type in the link. Do control P to paste in the link and then click OK .
Emley website will then turn into link to the website

Hope that's clear!

2nd man down
19.06.2006, 09:30
Go to the websitde you want to link to and copy the URL (or address!) with Control C
Then in the message if for example you write the words Emley website you can then turn that into the link by highlighting the words Emley website and then clicking on the button with the picture of the globe with the link sign.
A box will appear asking you to type in the link. Do control P to paste in the link and then click OK .

Hope that's clear!

Roy, you're a little darling and I could kiss you you big hunk of man you.

did I say that out loud?

Cornishwomble
19.06.2006, 09:33
Roy, you're a little darling and I could kiss you you big hunk of man you.

did I say that out loud?

You'd be suprised how often I hear that!

ah you're not made of wood ;)

2nd man down
19.06.2006, 09:34
It worked!!! Cheers Roy, you're a star!!

You playing at Easingwold with the tMP band this weekend?? How about Linda?!?

TheMusicMan
19.06.2006, 10:20
Glad that's sorted for you Crawf. I might put a 'how-to' together for this for everyone's benefit.

Chris Hicks
19.06.2006, 18:13

Hope that's clear!

Dunno bout contol P but i've always known that as print :rolleyes: Control V maybe for paste! :wink: :biggrin:
Chris

Cornishwomble
20.06.2006, 08:52
Yeah well we're not all perfect, anyway I'm a Mac user so it's actually Command V for me!

Sopha
13.11.2006, 12:48
thats easy peasy!