PDA

View Full Version : Rugby Union World Cup

Pythagoras
05.10.2003, 23:39
Who do people think will win the Rugby Union World Cup. (originally put Rugby but then remembered some six tackle types read this forum!) I'll be boring and predict an England New Zealand final. Think it might be quite like some of the recent England v Southern hemisphere matches where they score more tries but concede loads of penalties and Wilko punishes them. Know I'd settle for 15-13 again!

Keppler
06.10.2003, 00:29
May be being overly optimistic, but have to believe in the lads!

*singing Ireland's call*

TheMusicMan
06.10.2003, 00:34
Me too! - but I am being overly overly overly optimistic eh! :lol:

dyl
06.10.2003, 00:37
Wales will win it! Just like i'm going to win the roll-over lottery on Wednesday, and Shergar will win next year's Grand National, ridden by Lord Lucan. 8)

On the Horn
06.10.2003, 02:41
I'd like to say Ireland but I know it ain't going to happen - still like to see the boys do well!

PeterBale
06.10.2003, 10:01
I'd be a little wary of writing France off. I know they are inconsistent, but they've shown before that their very unpredictability can make them a threat. On their day they are capable of producing an upset against any opponent, particularly if they can keep their discipline and bring the backs into play with a good, running game.

Cantonian
06.10.2003, 10:35
I an a 100% and proud of it Welshman. Even I am not able to say that Wales will win the World cup. I think that England have played well for the past few years but are due for a drop in form. N
ew Zealand atre just coming back into the all winning form.

stephen2001
06.10.2003, 11:20
I reckon it will be one of the Southern Hemisphere big 3 of South Africa, New Zealand and Australia.
Everyone made sooo much of England's winning in the Summer, but they were not playing against full-strength sides!
But it will be close, and it will be exciting, and I don't expect it to go with the form-book!

Darth_Tuba
06.10.2003, 12:47
I have voted for England, but realistically speaking there is only one team to beat: New Zealand.

beard_4b
06.10.2003, 13:24
new zealand rule!

Straightmute
06.10.2003, 13:30
Don't care too much but would like to see Jason Robinson playing at his very best. What really matters: Wigan beating Bradford in the Superleague final...

D

Heather
06.10.2003, 13:31
Even though i am a rugby league fan i will still be watching most of this.
Would love one of the GB sides to winbut i think it will be New Zealand.

ploughboy
06.10.2003, 14:02
COME ON ENGLAND

timbloke
06.10.2003, 14:08
Now's as good a time as any for england to win... but apply this formula

England/(Sporting success + favourites + good chance) = Nearly reach the end + bottle it completely

i know clive's got a good headstrong team, but i still reckon the pressure will tell in the semi's/final's and they'll lose their heads and a stupid game.

but here's hoping eh? and there'll be some great matches to watch.

twigglet
06.10.2003, 14:38
Yep I agree, they have every oppurtunity to do well, but knowing england they will screw up under pressure.....although if jonny wilkinson is on form he is pretty much indestructible. Here's hoping..

Cantonian
06.10.2003, 15:24
new zealand rule!

How can you say that openly with our CD cover as your atavar which includes a picture of the 'Stadium'!

Big Twigge
06.10.2003, 17:37
Go Wales!!!!!!
Back to reality... will support all of G.B(and glory hunt if necessary)

Watch lots of matches = more toned bottoms

SammyT
06.10.2003, 18:50
We, england, should win! :wink:
We have the form and as long as Jonny Wilkinson stays fit and isn't 'targeted' we should do well!!!!! :D
Come on boys - Specially all the Leicester lads
:D :D

Pythagoras
07.10.2003, 17:37
Think its a great shame that players from the pacific island nations are staying away because their countries cannot match the wages of their clubs in Britain or the Southern Hemisphere, who will forfeit their wages if they are away. The IRB need to help these countries more and clubs need to be less selfish. These countries will never be able to compete otherwise. It'll be the same 4 or 5 teams with a chance every time.

Keppler
07.10.2003, 17:39
hear hear Daniel..

incidentally, how many islanders are on the NZ team?

Bluebottle
07.10.2003, 19:34
were we meant 2 vote realistically or idealistically?! :shock: :oops:

WAAAAAALES!

(and england when they're not playin wales!)

rowboat
08.10.2003, 04:43
Aussie Aussie Aussie

That's the only chant we know, also why we drink XXXX, cause we can't spell beer.

yorkie19
08.10.2003, 12:23
Australia to win.

Would have been happier if the Roosters had won the Grand Final. :(

Sam

Former resident of Chippendale, Sydney

i'm not a manc!
08.10.2003, 13:19
personally i'd love a Wales - England final. but i think England may bottle it in the semis!!! :lol: :lol:

and then i wake up - of course England are gonna win it!! easy 8)

A J Foad
08.10.2003, 15:47
Wales will beat England in the Quarter Final of course! Once that's out of the way, all the other teams will be so grateful that............... (oh dear - dreaming again......)

Cornishwomble
08.10.2003, 15:52
I love the way that most people think that England will bottle it. Us English never like to praise ourselves up do we, we always run ourselves down.
I think England have the ability to win it and have the belief in themselves, something that seem lacking in most of the supporters.
We need to win a big competition like this, maybe we'll go away from the knocking of our national sides and the "support" of losing muppets like Eddie "the eagle" Edwards
Come on England!!!!

PeterBale
08.10.2003, 16:11
Wales will beat England in the Quarter Final of course! Once that's out of the way, all the other teams will be so grateful that............... (oh dear - dreaming again......)

A la Max Boyce: " . . . we'd play the Heaven English, if they could only raise a team", and "The signs to Heaven are all in Welsh, and the signs are painted green" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bluebottle
08.10.2003, 18:49
Aussie Aussie Aussie

That's the only chant we know, also why we drink XXXX, cause we can't spell beer.

that sounds strangely similar 2 oggy oggy oggy 2 me! :D tis max boyce again! (& cornish!)

any1 heard "the scottish trip"? was v appropriate 4 dundee! :D :guiness

Oh we went up to the heilands of Scotland
To the land of the loch and the geln
And we'll all bring our wives back a present
So we can go next time again

Oh we loaded the bus up with flagons
And we left about twenty past seven
We stopped 14 times between Neath and Bridgend
We were still in Glamorgan at 11! .......

:lol: (quite scared i still remember all that!)

"Dear Lord, let us see a try,
Something absolutely twiffic"
Then JPR scored again and God said
"You should have been specific!"

:wink:

p.s. the bungee jumping fosters advert - eurgh! :oops: :P

Pythagoras
10.10.2003, 00:08
This ones sure to get the Welsh going..... Who do you think is the better place kicker, Jonny Wilkinson or Neil Jenkins. OK Jenkins has the record but he played a lot more tests than Wilkinson has so far. Think Wilkinson will eventually surpass it.

Also Wilkinson is a far better all round player. Jenkins was pretty pants at anything apart from kicking.

twigglet
10.10.2003, 12:34
Wilkinson definately, his accuracy is absolutely brilliant, he makes the most difficult kicks look simple. Johnny is my hero, johnny is my hero lalalala la .....

Looking forward to the match on Sunday, although it should *fingers crossed* be an easy win for England.

Cantonian
10.10.2003, 20:41
I wish Jonny Wilkinson were Welsh.

Since the legitimisation of 'lifting' at line-outs' I have thought it a very dangerous allowance. Today David Giffin of Australia was 'lifted' at a kick-off receipt and it went badly wrong. He was dropped, landing on his neck. The game was halted for ten minutes as this unconscious player was carefully moved. When I checked ceefax two hours later he was still unconscious but a scan indicated that he had not broken his neck.
Our thoughts should be with him and our hope is that sanity returns to the law-makers of the sport of Rugby Union

Darth_Tuba
10.10.2003, 22:22
Yes, this was a case of "Everyone's doing it so let's make it legal". Soon they'll be making it legal for southern hemisphere sides to have two men lurking offside intentionally too. :evil:

Pythagoras
12.10.2003, 01:20
Hasn't really got going yet, at least for me. Boring first match then a load of 1 sided matches. Need a good close match.

Bluebottle
02.11.2003, 12:50
WAAAAAALES!!

any1 see the wales v nz match? how gd?!!

p.s. yes, i know they lost, but still! :D :oops: :roll:

TheMusicMan
02.11.2003, 12:57
WAAAAAALES!!

I certainly did... and what a game... best performance from Wales for 15 years I rekon. Never in a million years would I have tghought at any stage during a game against the All Blacks I would think that Wales might have won... but I certainly did during this game. They were 28-10 down at one stage then within a few moments were 37-28 in front, I couldn't believe it.

Well done lads... :)

Big Twigge
02.11.2003, 13:23
was the best match I've seen so far (I've watched a few), the boys did Wales proud!!!

dyl
02.11.2003, 14:02
Da iawn chi bois! :)

JessopSmythe
02.11.2003, 17:34
5 out of the 6 Nations in the quarter finals! Who says the southern hemisphere has the best players? :)

Pythagoras
02.11.2003, 18:16
It's a bit depressing really the 8 traditional big teams have got through. Though Argentina would have had a chance if they were in Scotland's group.

SammyT
02.11.2003, 18:43
It really pains me to say this but well done wales, what a match! We got up early to watch england beat uruguay (fore gone conclusion) and had one amazing morning of rugby watching!! :D :lol:
Got to try and get me self out of rememberance day march to watch eng v wales!! :oops: :oops:
There were times when I really hoped that wales would win but glad they didn't (sorry john and dyl!!) otherwise we would have to have met NZ in the quaters :?
Can't wait till next week now - comon' england! :lol:

JessopSmythe
02.11.2003, 22:55
It's a bit depressing really the 87 traditional big teams have got through.

How are they get them all on in 4 matches?

Pythagoras
03.11.2003, 00:53
It's a bit depressing really the 87 traditional big teams have got through.

How are they get them all on in 4 matches?

Sorry! Due to unfortunate spilling of beer on keyboard incident my 7 and 8 keys have fused together. Can't believe England Wales match is same time as remembrance march. Oh well we'll beat them anyway.

TheMusicMan
03.11.2003, 01:02
Oh well we'll beat them anyway.

... Hey nice one.... I didn't know you were born in Wales Pythagoras...:) :wink:

PeterBale
03.11.2003, 11:04
WAAAAAALES!!

And what about Ireland v Australia? Their game with France should be a cracker :!: (Can't believe I'm still the only one going for France to win)

Keppler
03.11.2003, 11:27
*AHEM*

timbloke
03.11.2003, 13:48
Can't believe England Wales match is same time as remembrance march.

So its not just me who's going to have to suffer.... bad bad planning on the banding front! ;) it'll be a shame to see wales dip out of the tournament though, i thought they played really well.

Darth_Tuba
03.11.2003, 13:53
Their game with France should be a cracker :!: (Can't believe I'm still the only one going for France to win)

Good point Peter. Easy to forget France as they have quietly gone on in their group winning away very nicely while the media focuses on England, the All Blacks and Aus.

SammyT
03.11.2003, 17:50
yeah but they had to play USA, japan and fiji (errr and scotland!!)
Bit of an easy group in comparison to some of the others! No really big or problomatic matchs! :wink:

SBB
03.11.2003, 17:58
Has to be ENGALND

PeterBale
03.11.2003, 18:07
Has to be ENGALND

Are they better than ENGLAND?

Darth_Tuba
03.11.2003, 18:18
yeah but they had to play USA, japan and fiji (errr and scotland!!)
Bit of an easy group in comparison to some of the others! No really big or problomatic matchs! :wink:

True, but you can only beat the teams that are put in front of you and they were the only team along with NZ to pick up maximum points in their group. I personally think it'll be an All Blacks - England final and NZ take it :(

SammyT
03.11.2003, 20:42
True: 20, 20, 19 (Eng) and 18 (Aus) but that is taking bonus points into consideration and they don't make any difference do they? :?
Englands only blip was against samoa - who played brilliantly!! :?
Anyway quaters are next and my predictions for semis will be:
England v France and Australia v NZ
Soz to all you welsh fans out there
Eng v NZ for final and england to win by a couple of points with game faught all the way to the last minute (I like a good scrap :D :lol: )
Do you think satchmo shaz will let me have the sunday off??? :oops:

Aidan
03.11.2003, 21:44
doubt it ;)

Darth_Tuba
03.11.2003, 22:15
True: 20, 20, 19 (Eng) and 18 (Aus) but that is taking bonus points into consideration and they don't make any difference do they? :?
Englands only blip was against samoa - who played brilliantly!! :?

Well, the bonus points just show good attacking rugby from the point of number of tries scored. Englands "blip" as you called it was actually against SA because they only scored one try. This was a very poor South Africa side though... the worst I've seen them for a while. I think England, when on their top form, can definately win the world cup though. Don't think they've got to top form yet to be honest, but hopefully they have been saving it to peak at the right time!

hornblower
04.11.2003, 16:00
my earlier post appears to have vanished!!! freaky!! Anyway I'd just like to say well done Scotland for actually winning a game against Figi, admittedly we are still playing well below form, but it almost looked like a game of rugby was being played! God knows if we'll even get any points on the board against Australia!!! :oops:

lynchie
05.11.2003, 09:25
I think it was excellent work by David Humphreys to miss that last drop goal against Australia, to show that we could have won if we wanted, but didn't. If he'd scored we would have had to play NZ in the semis, and we wouldn't have the chance to show England how Rugby is really played.

:D

Big Twigge
05.11.2003, 10:34
Tis not fair....on sunday I will be doing Armistice and big sister will be in the stadium in Australia watching Wales take on England :(

Cornishwomble
05.11.2003, 10:37
It's going to be a nightmare, having to do remembrance day and trying not to hear the score as I'll be taping the match!

McTuba
06.11.2003, 18:15
My money for this World Cup thingy is on Scotland. But, I'm only saying that out of general patriotism and because I have no money anyway. :)

Realistically, I reckon it'll be those New Zealand fellows that'll win.

Anyway, good luck to wee Scotland for Saturday!
Least I'll be able to watch our match and not have to be at a remembrance day thing :? (poor wee SammyT). hee hee

SammyT
06.11.2003, 18:35
Yeah its official - i tried but could not get out of rememberance day march - boo!! :cry:
I would like to add this is unusual for me (wanting to get out of it that is) as I think it is really important and shows respect and I really missed it when I was out of banding for a while! :)

Well done mctuba for making a 2nd post!! :D
And yes guys he does talk like that all the time he he he he :wink:

SammyT
09.11.2003, 20:50
well......sunday has arrived.....went to rememberance parade and recorded the match! Managed to avoid anyone telling me the score (apart from george who told me england were 3-0 up at one point!!! :evil:

Then got home and watched the video - with :guiness of course!!! :D
And well what a match but congrats to
ENGLAND :bounce :bounce :bounce

sorry John and co and all you welsh tmpers you played well but did you really think you were going to beat us :lol: :lol: he he he - only a giggle!!

Hope you give them a good welcome home - we will do our best now to bring the old bill back to the northen hemisphere!!

Seedhouse
09.11.2003, 21:29
And yes guys he does talk like that all the time he he he he

Yes he does! :lol:

Well done England, sorry Wales! :?

PeterBale
10.11.2003, 12:14
Well done England, sorry Wales! :?

Of course you could say: Well done, Wales (3 tries, adventurous rugby) :!:

Sorry (performance) England. :oops:

They'll certainly need to improve on that against France, methinks :wink:

Seedhouse
10.11.2003, 12:34
Of course you could say: Well done, Wales (3 tries, adventurous rugby)

Yeh, sorry :oops:
Well done to Wales as well, :oops:

TheMusicMan
10.11.2003, 13:00
Ah well.. must say well done to England - now you need to go all the way yeah :)

However :wink: ... the result on the weekend simply proves to me at least, that there is a massive similarity in Rugby to Banding. An explanation for you...

You kow what... sometimes we go on stage in a competition/contest and play a total blinder, put on a fantastic performance, everything is together. You all know what I mean cos we have all been there before ... Everything is together, everything is clean, we attack, we take the lead and we control it all. Everyone plays together tightly as a team and there is some fantastic inspirational playing all round - from everyone. We play three movements brilliantly, far better than the band that played just one quite well. We feel we have played brilliantly, put on a great show, entertained everyone by our performance so much more than others did, we put on the best performance we could muster and everyone around agrees (either openly or quietly)... but ... thing is... you know what ... we don't win ... because another band had just the one brilliant soloist... not the team, but the soloist. You know what I mean, just the one very good player that's all, who seems to have just edged that solo, just got that top C, so much so that the whole group relied on that individual to win the contest, and they win it.

Some people call that winning, all of us here in banding don't do we because it's happened to all of us hasn't it??? But all of us here know who deserved to win in that situation - becasue it's happened to all of us yeah?

We all feel unfairly treated when this happend to us don't we.

Ah well... maybe next time we say... maybe next time... :)

:wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D

Keppler
10.11.2003, 13:08
of course sometimes you're just stuffed.. (well done France - oh well)
on that form, they can beat anyone in the world.. so are we looking at a NZ - France final?

(sorry Australia, I just don't see you guys beating NZ, however much I'll cheer for you)

Big Twigge
10.11.2003, 13:27
Brilliant comparison John!
One thing Wales should remember is that they certainly leave the competition a much better team that they were when they entered it and are a relatively young side so roll on the six nations!
(have a ticket to see them already)

T-Horn
10.11.2003, 16:47
the next 6 nations should be good for us (Wales) if play like we did against NZ and England.!!! 8)
Hopefully we won't get the wooden spoon this time :oops: :lol:

SammyT
10.11.2003, 18:29
Good comparison john!
However that one soloist would not shine if he was not given the chances ...............(ok the analogy breaks down here - jonny would not have scored so many points had wales not given away the penalties!! :wink: :wink:

ANyway - wales played a blinder in the first half (same against NZ) f only they could maintain the momentum to the very end then they will be a formidable force (6 nations will be interesting!!)

I think England will raise their game against France - well they better.............................. :?

Pythagoras
16.11.2003, 12:43
Yesssss! :D :D

Who cares about flowing attacking rugby? We played the conditions today. Wilkinson proved when it comes down to it he is a better fly-half than Michalak. Think we have a great chance next week. Neither of the 2 teams is full of attacking flair. Player for player we have the better team (except maybe Mortlock at outside centre). I'll stick with my prediction before the tournament: England to win with the other team scoring more tries, (Got the opposition wrong though).

Heather
16.11.2003, 13:22
WWWHHHHEEEEYYYYY...well done England!
Can't wait till next Saturday!!

TheMusicMan
16.11.2003, 13:35
Who cares about flowing attacking rugby?

... everyone except a minority of English rugby union supporters I guess... :wink:

Pythagoras
16.11.2003, 15:54
Who cares about flowing attacking rugby?

... everyone except a minority of English rugby union supporters I guess... :wink:

I'd like to see that too, but only if we have the team for it. I'd rather see us win.

Keppler
16.11.2003, 16:39
I've got every prediction I've made wrong at this stage but oh well..

Interesting to have a team in the final that's only scored 2 tries in credible competetive matches.

I can fully understand you wanting them to win (of course) but quite frankly I find "sticking the ball up your jumper" and relying on penalty kicks boring.

Having said that - can't argue with the result. France did not perform this morning. A pity because they are so exciting when anything runs for them..

SammyT
16.11.2003, 17:13
Yeah - Well done England :bounce :bounce

I agree Keppler - I much prefer a flowing match with lots of tries (or at least attempted) but when push comes to shove (as so to speak :wink: ) all that actually matters is winning (especially in a world cup), so if that means we rely on Jonny kicking all the points then so be it!

France put up a good fight early on but then lost it!

I am dissapointed though that we are not playing NZ in the final! Ah well - cannot wait till saturday!! - I don't think I will be at rehersal for wigston contest if it is early / not upto my normal abilities if it is later - I may have had a er.....few cokes :guiness :guiness :guiness :hammer

Seedhouse
16.11.2003, 23:39
I am dissapointed though that we are not playing NZ in the final! Ah well - cannot wait till saturday!! - I don't think I will be at rehersal for wigston contest if it is early / not upto my normal abilities if it is later - I may have had a er.....few cokes

Lol! Well at least we don't have a parade on the day of the match this time, so you can sit at home and enjoy it instead of the band telling you the score, when you don't want to hear it :D
Do we have a rehearsal on Saturday then Sam??

Well done England by the way! Got told the score in the middle of a Euphonium Recital at the RNCM Tuba/ Euph festvial, Steven Mead came on with a piece of paper with the scores drawn on it- was very funny how he did it, but hard to explain on here! :lol:

ted
17.11.2003, 00:18
Sorry to break it to you guys and girls but the World Cup is saying right here in Australia!

The Wallabies expected to play England in the final so they would have had their game plan worked out months ago, but the English probably expected to play NZ so I reckon they'd be back to the drawing board (or they might just stick to "Operation Let Jonny Kick Us Over")

Ted

p.s. The last time England tried to beat Australia with the boot, they lost 3-1! 8)

The Cornet King
17.11.2003, 00:23
Nah sorry mate but us 'pommies' aint gonna be denied our moment of glory this time! :D

The Lion shall overcome the wallaby with its sheer power and great kick.

Look out Aussies. The world Cup has just got a ticket for half way round the world :D

Seedhouse
17.11.2003, 11:08
Look out Aussies. The world Cup has just got a ticket for half way round the world

WOOHOO! :lol:

Bluebottle
17.11.2003, 18:29
p.s. The last time England tried to beat Australia with the boot, they lost 3-1! 8)

but in '95 it was rob andrew's boot which won it! :D :wink: :roll:

timbloke
17.11.2003, 19:36
"Operation Let Jonny Kick Us Over"

it doesn't matter how we score the points, or for that matter how many points we score... as long as the end result is the same.

Had the conditions been a bit more favourable, i'm sure a) we would have finished off a few of the potential try scoring moves and b) france wouldn't (and neither would we) have given away soooo many penalties from handling errors, hence johnny wouldn't have need to put on such a one man show on the score board.

that said, it was by no means a one man show on the pitch. one man cannot win a tournament... although i'm sure he'll try bloomin hard to!!

here's to saturday :guiness

Big Twigge
20.11.2003, 01:16
Is very unfair, big sister has now got tickets to the final :cry: only cost her about 300!!
Arhh well she maybe in Sydney...I'll be in Birmingham, I know shes jealous

neiltwist
20.11.2003, 01:49
well, would you rather be at the final, or in fine tMP company?

SammyT
20.11.2003, 17:42
As long as I am in a pub with me breakfast and beer I'll be happy - then have to go to rehersal for leicester contest - don't think there will be many of us there who will be sober!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pythagoras
22.11.2003, 16:24
What a match! :D Had a bit of drama during the match myself. Went to the off licence at half time to get some more beer and forgot my keys. Couldn't wake my flatmate up, so had to do a mad rush into town to find somewhere showing it. Couldn't find a pub that was open, but found a market stall with a TV. Was allowed to watch if I bought a clock (which doesn't work) Didn't actually miss any points being scored. Can't believe we're world champions.

twigglet
22.11.2003, 16:47
watched all of it at the hotel in birmingham, it was an amazing match, absolutely brilliant and exciting right to the end.

nice one england, wahey!! :D :lol: :D :lol:

Heather
22.11.2003, 16:48
Absolutely fantastic match, although I thought I might have to leave the room at times as I couldn't stand the tension!!!!!
Its great to know we're world champions at something at long last.
Well Done England!

Sellers_Bird
22.11.2003, 17:13
'mon England!!! Well done to all the guys especially Jonny Wilkinson who is LUSH!! :lol:

Big Twigge
22.11.2003, 17:17
Yey! was a little too scary at times though, but am very impressed that Elin and I managed to get out of bed too watch it.
What also amused me was the french p.m's comments about it being a victory for Europe!

satchmo shaz
22.11.2003, 17:57
wheres sammy t........... shhh......... shes asleep!! after 5 pints during the rugby, then more at band!!. (we had a rehearsal) needless to say most were late :wink: ah well eh!! sammy was very excited and very drunk, but amazingly she put most of her part in!! :lol:

Straightmute
22.11.2003, 19:15
Don't care too much but would like to see Jason Robinson playing at his very best.

Johnny who? Nice to see some tries in an England Rugby Union game!!!

D

lynchie
22.11.2003, 19:24
well... one each...

Seedhouse
22.11.2003, 23:18
wheres sammy t........... shhh......... shes asleep!! after 5 pints during the rugby, then more at band!!. (we had a rehearsal) needless to say most were late ah well eh!! sammy was very excited and very drunk, but amazingly she put most of her part in!!

:lol: Lol! She definately did! Provided much amusement when she just ran in the rehearsal room and jumped up and down! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah well, plenty of excuse for excitement!
WELL DONE ENGLAND! :wink:

SammyT
22.11.2003, 23:37
Well..........I am now awake again!!
Just about sobering up - nothing like getting to the pub at 8.20 AM and having my first pint at 8.30am followed by a big breakfast - yummy (Have now learnt that drinking that early in the morning is cool but not recomended when you have a rehersal later) :guiness :guiness

Anyway Woohoo Just about calmed down now - the atmosphere in the pub was amazing - still cannot believe it!!
Well done to Martin - you have made Market Harborough very proud :D :D :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

JessopSmythe
23.11.2003, 13:29
Barry John, David Campese and Jonny Wilkinson are standing before God at the throne of Heaven.

God looks at them and says; "before granting you a place at my side, I must first ask you what you believe in."

Addressing Barry John first he asks, "what do you believe?"

Barry John looks God in the eye and states passionately, "I believe Rugby
to be the food of life in Wales. Nothing else brings such unbridled joy to
so many people from the Valleys and Vales. I have devoted my life to bring such joy to people who stood on the terraces of the Cardiff Arms Park supporting their country."

God looks up and offers Barry John the seat to his left.

He then turns to David Campese , "and you, David , what do you believe?"

Campo stands tall and proud, "I believe courage, honour, passion and flair
are the fundamentals to life and I've spent my whole playing career
providing a living embodiment of these traits."

God, moved by the passion of the speech offers Campese the seat to his
right.

Finally, he turns to Jonny Wilkinson , "and you, Jonny, what do you
believe?"

"I believe" says Jonny "you're sitting in my seat."
:D

Seedhouse
23.11.2003, 16:51