PDA

View Full Version : Sparkly speaks to a member of Newstead.

Di
13.05.2006, 14:15
We’re very pleased with our preparations have been working hard with extra practices. We’ve had a couple of contests recently, including Preston and have had a couple of surprises and we’re quite hopeful. Quietly confident.

We’re going to the finals in London in October and are doing some fund raising for that. We’re doing a sponsored blow in Nottingham in the summer and a big charity concert, also in Nottingham in a few weeks time.

TheMusicMan
14.05.2006, 01:33
Hmmm... who was the mystery interviewee then. Come on, own up if you know who you are :)

blakeyboy
14.05.2006, 18:33
Well...another win...with this Newstead Band you are really spoiling us!

I know the comment wasn't myself after 3 weetabix and a full english, no food all day then a couple of pints after playing let's say I wasn't constructing the 'best' of conversation.....

I have no clue who it is either....

Well done guys, brilliant weekend too!:clap:

Seedhouse
14.05.2006, 19:20
Don't think it was me...! :-? Although the quietly confident part couldn't have been more right! What a fantastic year i've had with Newstead :eek: and credit where it's due, the band's worked exceptionally hard as a team, and it's paid off! ;) Was wondering where you disappeared to last night Blake!?

TheMusicMan
14.05.2006, 19:26
It was a lady in Starbucks who was there with her husband/partner/friend - but not Anne who's hubby plays for Ever Ready!

Any nearer?

Colin D
14.05.2006, 19:57
Well, it wasn't my better half, although she did do a Starbucks run for me in the morning :)

Ditching the polyester walking out jackets seems to have done the trick. Bob on!

Congrats to all the qualifiers,

Col

shyposter
14.05.2006, 20:23
We seem to think it was a certain 3rd cornet player who was there with her son! :eek:

Well done to Newstead anyway! Nice to see 'we' can fend off the criticism time after time to keep winning :rolleyes:

Anon ;)

blakeyboy
14.05.2006, 20:25
;) Was wondering where you disappeared to last night Blake!?

BIGGER FISH TO FRY MY DEAR ALEX, BIGGER FISH TO FRY MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin: :p :oops: :D

Me, well I seemed to do a lot of disappearing over the course of the weekend didn't I, oh dear! A previous disappearing act of the day hindered my chances of getting on the bands photo on stage...ARGHHH...it was allarmingly funny though to look back on, missed the results completely as I was too busy gabbing in the bar then wandered into the hall and I see all the band on stage about to have the pic took, I don't think I have shouted or ran so fast indoors before.....All that effort for nothing, missed it completely, well that'll teach me to drink and disappear (in no certain order).

sparkling_quavers
14.05.2006, 20:31
it was the gregory's! :oops:

Seedhouse
14.05.2006, 22:00
No worries mate, shame you didn't get on stage in time! We were trying to keep the photographer at bay for as long as possible- Mel kept telling him to wait for the rest of the band, but he got too trigger happy i'm afraid! ;) :(

(Congrats to all qualifiers btw! :clap:)

blakeyboy
15.05.2006, 00:38
No worries mate, shame you didn't get on stage in time! We were trying to keep the photographer at bay for as long as possible- Mel kept telling him to wait for the rest of the band, but he got too trigger happy i'm afraid! ;) :(

(Congrats to all qualifiers btw! :clap:)

aye well, nehmind. it'd have only been another sweaty drunken mess photo (of me) that I'd have got in a boo about how pasty white I was.

IanBatley
15.05.2006, 08:45
Well, it just goes to show what we can do. All those doubters have had it firmly stuffed up them this year....I was just sorry to miss this one! Still...well done to all. See you on sunday at the job....after the worlds most tedious Hello Dolly run!!!!!