PDA

View Full Version : Thanks.

super_sop
02.05.2006, 20:12
Just thought i'd pop in a post to thank everybody at Hook Norton Band for allowing me to join me on stage at the weekend.

I was down in Banbury at the weekend trying out our new tent, and to catch up with my good friend Dave Redhead.
When he heard i was comming down he got on to Hook Norton and asked if i could sit in.

I was very pleased to have taken part in the bands 120th aniversery concert sitting on (and really enjoying) 3rd cornet.
Sunday saw the band playing at the open day of their sponsors Hook Norton Brewery, were i sat in and played the flugel horn parts.
The band have a great attidude towards playing, and were exedingly friendly.

If your ever in the area or your looking for a band, i can recomend them :tup

You can see the bands website here. (http://www.hooknortonbrassband.org.uk)

I also wanted to say thanks to my good friend Dave for looking after us. If your ever in need of a sop, he really wont let you down!

Good news about the tent aswell it doesn't leek, and stands up well in the wind!!

Craigy

markyboy
02.05.2006, 23:33
Hi Craig.

My best mate lives in Hook Norton and I go down there quite often.

In fact he heard the band playing on Sunday or Monday so I guess you were there.

Its a beautiful village although I believe the band practices nearer to Banbury, not in the village itself.

I'll have to get some contact details from you and have a blow when I'm down (if they dont mind).

Also I'll have to get my lazy git of a mate to get his trombone out and join them, but he insists he's too busy!

Cheers Mark

super_sop
02.05.2006, 23:39
Hi Craig.

My best mate lives in Hook Norton and I go down there quite often.

In fact he heard the band playing on Sunday or Monday so I guess you were there.

Its a beautiful village although I believe the band practices nearer to Banbury, not in the village itself.

I'll have to get some contact details from you and have a blow when I'm down (if they dont mind).

Also I'll have to get my lazy git of a mate to get his trombone out and join them, but he insists he's too busy!

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark, im sure they wouldn't mind if you went in for a blow and would be even happier if you could get your friend to pop along for a blow.

I believe they practice in a school in Banbury although im not sure.

there are contact details on their website, i also believe they have a few members floating around here somewere.

They really are a great bunch.

Craig

markyboy
03.05.2006, 00:18
Cheer Craig!

I will put some pressure on him to get his trom out again. (I noticed they were looking for a bass trom player on the website)

If he doesn't I'll let them know his car registration and they can take it in turns to let his tyres down every night, until he gives in and joins! (Always a good method for getting new players!)

stevetrom
03.05.2006, 10:25
I hope you got your FREE BEER !

I think my lad was sitting next to you, he is on 2nd Cornet with Hooky. I would have been there myself but foolishly agreed to do a contest on Sunday (and came last so certainly would have been better of getting some Old Hooky down my neck)

super_sop
03.05.2006, 19:52
I hope you got your FREE BEER !

I think my lad was sitting next to you, he is on 2nd Cornet with Hooky. I would have been there myself but foolishly agreed to do a contest on Sunday (and came last so certainly would have been better of getting some Old Hooky down my neck)

Hi Steve, yes i was sitting next to your son. Nice young man, made me feel right at home, could you express my thanks.
Free beer!!!! of course i got my free beer, and chips, and some of that fine hog roast! had to work it all ooff in the gym today though!:redface: