PDA

View Full Version : Registering new players for SCABA contests..............

Laserbeam bass
20.04.2006, 14:07
Would somebody be able to point out the exact rules surrounding registering of players.

My band contests using National registration cards, and would like to sign some brand new players for use at the Crawley Entertainments contest.

Does the four weeks prior to commence on the day the Registry receive the application or the day that it is agreed?

I would be grateful for any assistance that can be provided.

Bungle
20.04.2006, 14:45
Have you looked on the SCABBA (http://www.awooler.demon.co.uk/scaba.htm) web site. The rules and transfers forms are on there. If you don't find what you want, Email Andy at the adress on the sitet.

BandTaxi
20.04.2006, 15:11
My band contests using National registration cards,

Does the four weeks prior to commence on the day the Registry receive the application or the day that it is agreed?

I am almost certain that the four weeks starts from the day that the registry receive the applications. However the Four Week Rule only applies to players who are transferring from another band. If they are new registrations then it would NOT apply anyway.

Colin at the Registry is extremely friendly and helpful and if you have any queries I would suggest that you give him a ring.

Ipswich trom
20.04.2006, 15:39
Would somebody be able to point out the exact rules surrounding registering of players.

My band contests using National registration cards, and would like to sign some brand new players for use at the Crawley Entertainments contest.

If all else fails you can also use (I think) up to 4 day transfers for SCABA contests.

Laserbeam bass
20.04.2006, 16:28
If all else fails you can also use (I think) up to 4 day transfers for SCABA contests.

Thanks, but they are totally new players with no affiliation to any band.

Redhorn
20.04.2006, 16:41
However the Four Week Rule only applies to players who are transferring from another band. If they are new registrations then it would NOT apply anyway.

Unfortunately for us that isnt true!

Rule 5.9 "All transfers and additional registrations must be effected at least four weeks prior to the date of a contest"

But what is 'effected'?!!????

Redhorn
20.04.2006, 16:59
Unfortunately for us that isnt true!

Rule 5.9 "All transfers and additional registrations must be effected at least four weeks prior to the date of a contest"

But what is 'effected'?!!????

and

Rule7.4 For conest entries from meber bands and non-member bands using the National Registry the Registrar will obtain from the National Registry a printout of players regsitered four (4) weeks prior to the contest.