PDA

View Full Version : Hi - Im nearly new!

MartinBen
31.03.2006, 22:05
I've been playing since I was 7 (now a bit older than that!)and play Euph. Baritone or, at a push a tenor horn.

Previously played with Woking Brass (ages & ages) (3rd Section) - went to National Finals twice with them and to Europe - good times, good fun! :p

Moved "up-North" - well up M1 anyways to Northampton and played for a while in a localish band (4 years) but left 6 months ago as we had 4 Euphs so felt my talent was being wasted. Now play for a band near Rugby (4th Section) - bit far to practice but very friendly bunch.

Would like to play in a 2nd band (3rd or 4th Section) but none very local who need a Euph - we seem to be 2 a penny :(

DaveR
01.04.2006, 17:55
:hi to tMP!

MartinBen
02.04.2006, 00:40
Thanks for reply Dave - was beginning to think that nobody reads these forums

DaveR
02.04.2006, 00:59
It's the weekend - they're very busy during the week!

PeterBale
02.04.2006, 01:31
Hi Martin - must have missed your post when I logged on last night :oops:

I tend only to pop in and out briefly over the weekend, and you'll find there are others of us who are around more during the week. Best of luck with your search for another band, and hope you enjoy your time on tMP ;)

TIMBONE
07.04.2006, 00:50
Martin, it's amazing on tMP, everyone seems to have a link somewhere. Like me, whos Dad was steward at Woking Conservative Club when it was on Commercial Road in 1966, and whose sister-in-law lives in Rugby. :biggrin: