PDA

View Full Version : National Qualifiers 2006

Steve
20.03.2006, 10:45
As the dust settles on another years Regionals contests and the pub talk dies down of triumph over adversity, adjudicators getting it wrong and the shenanigans of the hundreds of players over the course of the contests we are delighted to be able to give you the list of qualifiers for this years National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain.

This list was compiled by us from the results over the last few weeks. To the best of our knowledge it is correct however it is not 'official' so if anyone spots any discrepancies please PM me and I will make the necessary changes.

Congratulations to all the bands that made it and the best of luck come Harrogate / London.

So.......... HERE (http://www.themouthpiece.com/index.php?page=nationals) it is.

GingerMaestro
21.03.2006, 16:19
Hi Steve

Just had a look great work and well done for getting that up on the web so soon

Nice one

MajorMorgan
21.03.2006, 17:11
Interesting reading Steve - for those people still doubting the quality of L&SC bands - apparently A&N gave the finest performance of Journey in the entire country!

JOCKBLAST!
21.03.2006, 17:30
Interesting reading Steve - for those people still doubting the quality of L&SC bands - apparently A&N gave the finest performance of Journey in the entire country!
You have to be joking.

MajorMorgan
21.03.2006, 17:45
You have to be joking.

Not at all! The figures speak for themselves: Aveley got 197 points in the London area, Fodens could only manage 196 in the NW and the same for Grimethorpe in Yorkshire, as well as Staines 2nd place in London. Faireys and Dyke could only manage a measly 195!

Two London bands in the prizes come October? You heard it here first! ;)

Steve
21.03.2006, 19:17
You cant be wrong Tim, the facts are ^!!! The adjudicators, all ruled by the same associations rules and guidelines decided that A&N are the best band in the country at the minute ;)

davidquinlan
21.03.2006, 19:49
Woohoo, Go Aveley!!

there's only one band in London.. etc etc...

HBB
21.03.2006, 22:56
Both the London Bands did amazingly well in the scheme of things! :):)

DublinBass
22.03.2006, 10:10
Does Anybody know if the winners of the 2006 areas get to play at the 2007 English Nationals in Salford? There hasn't been much mentioned. Are they just waiting to see how this year's event goes first?

Steve
22.03.2006, 10:25
Yes, as it stands the regional winners will be invited to next years contest. It is rather strange knowing half of next years line up before this years contest has even taken place though.

Jan H
22.03.2006, 10:45
Yes, as it stands the regional winners will be invited to next years contest. It is rather strange knowing half of next years line up before this years contest has even taken place though.
I think it's the same with the Norwegian, Scottish and Welsh bands that are selected for the Europeans (the Dutch, Belgian, English and I think also the Swiss qualifiers are later in the year)

bongo massive
22.03.2006, 12:38
Just want to see if the new pic is working. That's all really............

rdouglas1976
12.06.2006, 16:20
I just tried clicking onthe link and got the message:

rdouglas1976, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Has the page been taken down or do I have a problem on my account?

Rich

TheMusicMan
12.06.2006, 16:50
Try now...