PDA

View Full Version : Invisible mode

vonny
08.03.2006, 09:52
I have been reading about the 'invisible mode' on tmp and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about this function. From what I have read it seems that people can log in without thier user name showing as online. If this is the case are these individuals allowed to post messages etc whilst using the invisible mode?

Is this function really necessary, and why would people want to show themselves to be invisible??

Yvonne x

GingerMaestro
08.03.2006, 10:02
There is a seperate forum for guests to post on and I believe I,m right in saying that they cannot post on the main forums

I'm sure one of our hard working MODs will explain it better though

dyl
08.03.2006, 10:09
From what I have read it seems that people can log in without thier user name showing as online.

Correct.

If this is the case are these individuals allowed to post messages etc whilst using the invisible mode?

Yes.

Is this function really necessary, and why would people want to show themselves to be invisible??

I guess the fact that people are using it deems it be necessary! ;) As for why they do, there's probably a variety of reasons.

(Moved to 'How to........' from 'Random Chat......')

DaveR
08.03.2006, 10:17
As for why they do, there's probably a variety of reasons.

It would be quite good if your boss was also a member and you didn't want him to know how long you spend on tMP during working hours ;)

Alternatively, maybe they just want to creep up behind you and shout BOO! :oops:

PeterBale
08.03.2006, 10:18

Yvonne x

Two possibilities for consideration:

1: Your boss is in the next office, also into tMP, but making sure you're not logging on in the firm's time ;)

2. You might only have a few minutes to catch up on what's being going on, and you don't want to be plagued with dozens of pms from all your tMP friends :D

Jan H
08.03.2006, 10:43
just as a warning, even when you set your profile to invisible, we mods can still see you :biggrin:

dyl
08.03.2006, 10:57
Sshhhhhh, Jan! ;)

vonny
08.03.2006, 18:09
Thanks for that guys :) Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Charmed
08.03.2006, 18:40
just as a warning, even when you set your profile to invisible, we mods can still see you :biggrin:

Hehe, thanks for the warning 'Big Brother' :biggrin: