PDA

View Full Version : A Welcome... a thank you... and a little more about Alan...

TheMusicMan
26.02.2006, 08:45
Hello Alan

First I would like to extend a sincere welcome to you from the tMP team and from everyone here on tMP and to say a big thank you to you for agreeing to be put "... on the Spot" for tMP's very 1st live and interactive interview session. We are all very grateful to you for giving us an hour of your time to answer what will hopefully be some very interesting, thought provoking and challenging questions. At least doing this tMP has ensured that it is you who can actually get to the PC and not your daughter Natalie - who I know is not happy with me for not yet re-installing the Fun @ tMP Games area eh!! Tell her from me though Alan that I will reinstall those games - just for her OK...:)

Kids, they always win in the end don't they!

OK then, onto your first question. I am going to leave the difficult questions to be asked by other tMP'ers and so I thought that to kick-off your "... on the Spot" session that I would jump in with a more general, open and perhaps personal question if I may.

Some of us may already know you have a passion for football , that you are a quite simply - a world class musician of the highest order, and that you're also a busy family man; so, without wanting to get too personal, can I invite you to please tell us just a little more about yourself, what it is that drives the real you, and what inspires you to do what you do...?

Ankanala
26.02.2006, 17:11
Hi John

Thanks for inviting me to be the first `On the Spot` interviewee. I am looking forward with just a little trepidation to answering the questions posed by the list.

So here we go!

As far as playing and music is concerned I am really motivated by a desire to improve as many aspects of my playing and general musicianship as I can. I am probably a little long in the tooth now to really get stressed about it, but I still have ambition and although I don` take things to heart as much as I used to, I still want to achieve as much as I can both for myself and for Brighouse.

My family are the most important thing in my life and I see my work (music) as a means to support and service their needs, (corny I know!), but it is my main driving force. Anything that I achieve as a musician is a bonus. However it doesn`t stop me enjoying the thrills and spills of top-class banding.