PDA

View Full Version : tMP Welcomes 4 new Moderators...

TheMusicMan
09.02.2006, 21:05
As the 'silly season' approaches and as tMP continues to grow and enhance our services for bandspeople everywhere, I am pleased to announce that today we welcome four new Moderators to our super online team. Please join me in welcoming;
Jan_H
Steve
Brasscrest
Brassneck... to the tMP team. We are delighted to have been inundated recently with a massive increase in posting rates and members. The addition of our new Moderators will help us significantly in ensuring tMP remains a Family Friendly Forum where you can enjoy detailed and energetic debate on all matters of importance to you. Here's what they wanted to say to you all...

Brasscrest:
I live in the USA, in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC and am a software developer for a major health care company based in Baltimore, Maryland. I am an SA bandsman and have been a member of the National Capital Band (http://www.nationalcapitalband.com/)for 23 years (in two separate stretches), currently as principal baritone. I also play baritone in the Arlington Citadel Band (my local corps/church). I am the webmaster of The Brass Crest (http://www.brasscrest.com/) (hence my tMP username), a web site with information and news about brass bands, focusing on the SA brass band tradition.

Steve:
Yes guys, I know, I thought the same thing you are thinking when they asked me to be a mod!! Im young, Im interesting, I have a sense of humour, what qualifications do I have to be a Mod ;) Haha, anyway, I hope you dont give me too much of a hard time. I would like to thank my family and friends for all their support through the tough times that led to this great achievement. I wont let this change me though, I'm still the same boy I was when growing up on the trailer park.

Jan_H:
My name is Jan and I'm from the North-East of Belgium (in the Dutch-speaking part of the country). I play cornet (and I am webmaster) for the "Koninklijke Fanfare Kempenbloei (http://www.kempenbloei.be/)", a championship section fanfare band. I've been a member of tMP for almost two years now and I'm looking forward very much to working together with John and the other mods to ensure the smooth running of the website.

Brassneck:
Hi everybody! Quick word about myself is that I am 45 yrs old and have been involved on and off in banding since I was 11 years old starting on cornet, then tenor horn (french horn during college years) eventually moving on to tuba in recent years. I hope my experience of the good and not so good times (work conflict, health problems etc.) will help balance discussion and be supportive whenever the need arises.

jingleram
09.02.2006, 23:19
Welcome! Look forward to being modded in the near future guys lol!

geordiecolin
09.02.2006, 23:39
I know I'll have overstepped the line when I get modded by Steve..... most likely for having excessive tatoos I imagine... oh no, hang on.... ;)

Jan H
09.02.2006, 23:44
Hello all!

I'm now off to study the tMP Rules (http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56) by heart.
You all have until tomorrow to do the same... ;)

Kiz7
10.02.2006, 01:13
Welcome Mods!
Just so we can give you the respect that you deserve and to enocurage potential Mods could someone please post about how you become a Mod and what committment/skills etc is required?

Thanks
K

brasscrest
10.02.2006, 01:51
theMusicMan has to invite you to be a Mod. I'm not really sure why he asked me, but I am honored that he did.

This forum has a tradition of being very well-moderated and family-friendly, and I'm a bit awed by the responsibility.

DublinBass
10.02.2006, 03:50
Those new avatars look quite smart!! Congrats Gentlemen!!

Jan H
10.02.2006, 08:25
Those new avatars look quite smart!! Congrats Gentlemen!!
Thanks.
At least now everyone will stop asking me why I look so green in my avatar
(I hope ;) )

meandmycornet
10.02.2006, 08:43
Oooooh Congratulations new moddies!! :D:D:D But your all blokes again :( Rachel and Di are now even more out numbered!! :tongue:

WoodenFlugel
10.02.2006, 09:30
Oooooh Congratulations new moddies!! :D:D:D But your all blokes again :( Rachel and Di are now even more out numbered!! :tongue:

Trust me Fi, one Di on the team is plenty....:p

yonhee
10.02.2006, 16:22
At least now everyone will stop asking me why I look so green in my avatar
(I hope ;) )
But it was a cool avatar"

:clap:Congratulations to all the new scary mods :tongue: :clap:

Jan H
10.02.2006, 16:33
But it was a cool avatar"
I've set it as my profile picture now ;)

meandmycornet
10.02.2006, 22:43
Trust me Fi, one Di on the team is plenty....:p

:eek: I can't believe you said that!! That should get moddeded!! :tongue: Mumsie's the bestest bestest!!

Will the Sec
11.02.2006, 11:38
OK, from his avatar I see Brasscrest is named Robert, but is Brassneck's real name Brassneck? :rolleyes:

brassneck
11.02.2006, 12:02
OK, from his avatar I see Brasscrest is named Robert, but is Brassneck's real name Brassneck? :rolleyes:

I see it as [username] ;)

brasscrest
11.02.2006, 12:05
Umm . . . Will . . . my name has been in my signature for the entire time I've been on tMP . . . and it took putting in the avatar for you to notice . . . I'm not sure what to think . . .

asteria
11.02.2006, 12:26
I see it as Helen V ;)

Erm, I'm really confused as to how my name got mentioned in this thread, can anyone explain it to me?!?! :confused:

brasscrest
11.02.2006, 12:34
Brassneck was playing with a new feature that John (theMusicMan) has enabled. It's a code that can be put into a post that will echo the user name of whoever views the post. So everyone that looks at that particular post will see their own user name.

(There's a whole thread going with this feature - http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19125)

asteria
11.02.2006, 12:41
Oh I see! It doesn't take much to confuse me, but I'm glad you pointed out the thread, it all becomes clear! That's rather bizzarre, but genius at the same time! :D

Charmed
11.02.2006, 12:47
I see it as Charmed ;)

Oi, don't start that on here lol

Charmed
11.02.2006, 12:49
and PS

Welcome to all 4 new moderaters. Hope you keep up the good work. :clap:

daveredhead
13.02.2006, 15:13
I see it as daveredhead ;)

Hey whos taking my name in vane, just woke up from my winter slumber, to find i am being overun by moderators,
Good luck to you all and keep the friendly web site going.:clap: :clap: may meet you all some day.
Steve!! , does that mean i have to cross out swear words when texting you?;) ?

Steve
13.02.2006, 15:59
Erm.......................nope :D

DaveR
18.02.2006, 01:59
Well done to the new moddies! :clap:

Is this an attempt to have 24 hour modding? It's nearly 2am and there are still two (new) mods online. How on earth can we be expected to get upto any mischief under this level of surveillance? ;) :tongue:

brasscrest
18.02.2006, 02:25
I don't think that 24-hour modding is what John had in mind - I believe that I'm the only one not in a European time zone. It's just that the level of activity has increased on the forum, so some more eyes were needed.