PDA

View Full Version : Grimethorpe in Reading

DaveR
05.02.2006, 00:23
Just been to a great concert in the Old Concert Hall in Reading, given by Grimethorpe Colliery Band, conducted by Richard Evans.

Never thought I would see a bass section ballet dancing to Clog Dance! What a sight! :clap:

Fantastic programme, including solos from all sections of the band, and particular well done to the temporary principal cornet who is really the band's flugel player (I'm afraid his name escapes me at the moment :oops: , must have been the post-concert beer).

I understand they are playing at the Arena is St Albans tomorrow afternoon (Sunday 5th) so if you are in the area, it is will worth a listen!

zak
05.02.2006, 11:18
Just been to a great concert in the Old Concert Hall in Reading, given by Grimethorpe Colliery Band, conducted by Richard Evans.

Never thought I would see a bass section ballet dancing to Clog Dance! What a sight! :clap:

Fantastic programme, including solos from all sections of the band, and particular well done to the temporary principal cornet who is really the band's flugel player (I'm afraid his name escapes me at the moment :oops: , must have been the post-concert beer).

I understand they are playing at the Arena is St Albans tomorrow afternoon (Sunday 5th) so if you are in the area, it is will worth a listen!

Just to correct the date for St Albans. We are actually playing there on Sunday 12th and NOT the 5th.

Ps.. the name of our flugel player is Ian Shires and yes he did do a great job at last nights concert as our principal cornet.:clap:

ian perks
05.02.2006, 11:40
I have always found Grimethorpe concerts very good also there CDS as well keep them coming chaps:clap:

DaveR
05.02.2006, 15:15
Just to correct the date for St Albans. We are actually playing there on Sunday 12th and NOT the 5th.

Ps.. the name of our flugel player is Ian Shires and yes he did do a great job at last nights concert as our principal cornet.:clap:

Thanks for that - must have drunk more than I thought :oops: