PDA

View Full Version : Cornet player looking for a band in London...

twigglet
12.09.2003, 16:49
Just a week to go before I move down to London for uni. I'll be living in central London and was wondering if there are any brass bands around there that would welcome a cornet player along for a blow every now and then?

:lol:

Roger Thorne
12.09.2003, 17:16
You're still going then? - Haven't changed your mind or anything?

:cry:

super_sop
12.09.2003, 17:48
theres this really nice friendly band that i know of, that requires a principal cornet.

it might be a bit far to travel, but you would be welcome any time :wink:
if you need any further info give myself, RT, or any of the other crowd at WEM JUBILEE BRASS BAND a shout and well give you some more details
:wink: :wink:

ploughboy
13.09.2003, 07:26
A friend of mine went to london to Uni and PLayed with Fulham Brass band, She loved it there friendly active bunch,

don't kjnow if they need any players but most bands seem to these days, There 2nd sec i think

Good luck,

chriscole
13.09.2003, 10:33
We have a vacancy at Yiewsley and West Dayton Band for a cornet player. A very active and friendly 2nd section band. Good number of contests, concerts and social event lined up. Band's website address is:

http://www.ywdband.com

Please leave a post here or e-mail me direct.

Chris

Laserbeam bass
18.09.2003, 16:07
There are quite a few band 's in and around London, and most of them would welcome cornet players.

Fulham are 4th section at present and have a very good MD. I have assisted them in many gigs as my brother plays there on Eb Bass

I play at Becontree Brass Band and we also have vacancies for all cornets.

www.becontreebrass.dsl.pipex.com

cornetchap
19.09.2003, 15:08
Watford Band require solo cornet players. We're about 30 minutes on the train from central London, or 45 minutes by car. We rehearse on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8pm.

You can find more details on our website, http://watfordband.org.uk/

Kari Anson
19.09.2003, 23:49
Oh well it looks as if there are bands south of Wem after all! Will hate to loose you but I'm sure that you'll be back for a blow one day! Even if it maybe in 2024!!!!!

twigglet
26.09.2003, 17:01
Don't worry Kari, I'll be back for a blow tomorrow, just can't get rid of me sorry! I also don't have lectures on Mondays so if you need me for weekend concerts its not a problem! (the train fare only costs 26!)

Andrea
26.09.2003, 19:49
Tilbury Band, based in Essex, are 1st section and we are looking for solo cornet players. we are about 15 miles from London. Direct train from Fenchurch Street to Tilbury Town, around 40 mins, then only a five minute walk to Bandhall.

:lol:

Andrea