PDA

View Full Version : NEMBBA Contest, Derby

bumperman
01.02.2006, 23:32
Which bands are going this year?

Wakefield Metropolitan are going in the 2nd section.

Di
01.02.2006, 23:38
Hathern will be there in the first section. :)

postie
01.02.2006, 23:53
Bestwood will be there in the 4th section.

Janet Watkins
02.02.2006, 09:21
Whitwell in the third section.

Pythagoras
02.02.2006, 09:26
Dronfield in the 4th

rutty
02.02.2006, 09:28
Carlton Brass will be making a hash of Images in the Second Section.

Should be interesting to see how each band copes with it. I think Blidworth are also going.

sparkling_quavers
02.02.2006, 09:29
what is the exact date of this? is it half term? well the sunday before- here's hoping. I wanted to come for a listen but the drive back north afterwards sort of puts me off! now if it was half term I could stay at my mum's and get a lift from the bestwood lot and soak up the atmostphere (booze) :tup

vonny
02.02.2006, 10:21
What is the NEMBBA contest please?

rutty
02.02.2006, 10:41
What is the NEMBBA contest please?

It's the North East Midlands Brass Band Association pre-area contest where we all get the area piece out for an early run-out. We've found it very useful to play here as it gives us an idea where we're going wrong with it.

It's at the Rolls Royce Social club on Feb 19th :)

*edit* oh and we usually get a few visitors from other associations too. Silk Brass have been before and it's nice to see that Wakefield Met are coming down this time too :)

postie
02.02.2006, 12:38
what is the exact date of this? is it half term? well the sunday before- here's hoping. I wanted to come for a listen but the drive back north afterwards sort of puts me off! now if it was half term I could stay at my mum's and get a lift from the bestwood lot and soak up the atmostphere (booze) :tup

Mmm soak up the atmostphere really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparkling_quavers
02.02.2006, 13:02

wahooooooooooo half term starts monday 20th feb!! :cool: Postie I would like to reserve a lift please :tongue:

It is a shame really that the numbers have been down really on this contest really- it's not really a poor contest. I can't remember the acoustics being awful (but haven't played there for a number of years) and the bar is cheap and cheap food as well. Anyone wanting to give the area piece a run out should think about attending :tup

vonny
02.02.2006, 13:34
It's the North East Midlands Brass Band Association pre-area contest where we all get the area piece out for an early run-out. We've found it very useful to play here as it gives us an idea where we're going wrong with it.

*edit* oh and we usually get a few visitors from other associations too. Silk Brass have been before and it's nice to see that Wakefield Met are coming down this time too :)

Thank you rutty :)
Please can i ask another question?
I thought you would say yes so here go's:
Is the pre-area rehearsal for the Midlands contest in March?

I have just noticed something - I joined tmp 1 year this valentines day

Janet Watkins
02.02.2006, 15:01
Whitwell haven't been to this contest for a few years. Can anyone remind me:

Do the sections follow each other?
When are the results announced?
Has(Have) the name(s) of the adjudicator(s) been announced yet?Thanks in advance.

satchmo shaz
02.02.2006, 15:03
Long Eaton will be there in the third section;)

postie
02.02.2006, 16:01
Whitwell haven't been to this contest for a few years. Can anyone remind me:

Do the sections follow each other?
When are the results announced?
Has(Have) the name(s) of the adjudicator(s) been announced yet?Thanks in advance.

I can answer two of your questions:

1. Yes the sections do follow each other.
2. At the end of the contest I.E. after the completion of the 1st section.
3. Havent heard yet.

CLAIRE SPONG
02.02.2006, 18:22
Tideswell will be there in the 4th section.

lausonbass
02.02.2006, 19:11
is anyone competing against hathern in the first section this year?

timbloke
03.02.2006, 14:18
Stannington were considering it, but have decided not to go and to concentrate on getting it right for Bradford. I'd heard that Chapeltown, Barnsley Building Society and Riddings might be going, but I'm not sure on either front.

Di B
03.02.2006, 14:36
Matlock will be competing in the 3rd Section

ian perks
03.02.2006, 19:29
Once again Gresley will not be going to the contest , it does us no good at all always builds our hopes up and then at the Area :(

Heather
05.02.2006, 17:16

United Co op Crewe.

richard rich
09.02.2006, 19:42
Maltby are in the third section

geordiecolin
09.02.2006, 20:40
Ah, NEMBBA many happy memories. One year after a particularly early draw I was first into the bar and last out.... I think that was the same year that Sparkly believed when, desperate for the loo, she kept asking how much further and we kept saying "5 minutes", for about 40 miles! And she never once questioned us!

postie
10.02.2006, 01:07
Got the full list of bands tonight: this is in alphabetical order and not the draw!

4th section:
Bestwood, Crofton Silver, Dronfield CMW, Hathern B, Ilkeston, Melton Borough, Ratby Mid, Thurcroft Welfare, Tideswell.

3rd section:
Bakewell, Leicester Co-op, Long Eaton, Maltby Miners Welfare, Matlock, Whitwell

2nd Section:
Carlton, Hopkins Blidworth, Shirland, South Yorkshire Police, Wakefield Metropolitan,

1st Section:
Foss Dyke, Hathern, United Co-op Crewe,

Contest starts at 10.30am and the adjudicator is Ian Brownbill.

Janet Watkins
10.02.2006, 15:39
Got the full list of bands tonight: this is in alphabetical order and not the draw!

3rd section:
Bakewell, Leicester Co-op, Long Eaton, Maltby Miners Welfare, Matlock,

Whitwell should be added to the 3rd section list!

WoodenFlugel
10.02.2006, 15:55
Whitwell should be added to the 3rd section list!

Done! :D

postie
10.02.2006, 15:57
Done! :D

Thanks Ian do apologise to Whitwell for leaving them off it certainly wasnt deliberate!!!!

BigHorn
10.02.2006, 16:30
The 2nd section field looks very interesting. On current form the 3 midlands bands are very evenly matched at the top of the midlands area and the 2 Yorkshire bands look equally strong - one just coming down from the 1st section and one near the top of their region.
Throw in the fiendishly difficult Images of the Millenium and its going to be one hell of a scrap.

Should be very good experience for the areas.

Vickitorious
10.02.2006, 18:44
Only 3 bands in the 1st section :(

NeilW
10.02.2006, 18:51
We thought about entering the 1st section, but we've got too many people away on holiday this week with it being schools 1/2 term.

Neil.

Steve
10.02.2006, 18:52
thats 1 up on last year Vic, dont be sad!! I may come along for a listen if I can find my shoes.

Anno Draconis
10.02.2006, 19:20

I remember playing at NEMBBA with Nottingham City Transport - I think it was in Dronfield Leisure Centre - when we were the only band in the top section.

Vickitorious
11.02.2006, 16:56
thats 1 up on last year Vic, dont be sad!! I may come along for a listen if I can find my shoes.

And not miss the train?? :p Do you want to arrange a lift in advance? ;)

ian perks
11.02.2006, 20:23
Once again Gresley will not be going to the contest , it does us no good at all always builds our hopes up and then at the Area :(
I can add to this although our band will not be there i will be going myself to support the contest and do a bit of my own placings
So if you are going come over and see me will have Warwickshire County Cricket Club Blue Fleece Top on and either Gresley Black Polo Shirt or LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB tshirt on.
I promise i will not sit on the front row;)
So come over and introduce yourself, and say hello and see if what in think of your performance, so seee you all there folks.
Just ask Postie, Di, Vickitorious who i am.
I'm sure they will point you in the direction:tup :clap:

postie
11.02.2006, 20:57
Yes I will certainly help in pointing to where he is sitting. Not shy in putting down what he thinks, is Ian. You are certainly going to get a very good unbiased view.

CubbRep
12.02.2006, 12:32
Cubbington Silver will be there in the 4th.

bumperman
14.02.2006, 18:35
The Wakefield Metropolitan band have had to drop out of the contest due to unforeseen circumstances. One of our percussionists is unable to make Sundays contest. However a few members of the band will be coming along to support Crofton Silver Band in the 4th section. We will also watch the bands in the 2nd section if still standing!

COME ON THE CROFTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lausonbass
16.02.2006, 19:44

don't look sad, that means we get a placing for sure, lol :clap: