PDA

View Full Version : RICHARD MARSHALL Joins Black Dyke

TheMusicMan
21.12.2005, 16:02
Black Dyke announces that the highest prized seat in banding will be taken by Richard Marshall with immediate effect. Richard is following an illustrious line of world class cornet players who have held the position during the last 150 years, John Paley, Ceres Jackson, Harold Pinches, Owen Bottomley, Willie Lang, Maurice Murphy, Jim Shepherd, Philip McCann and latterly Roger Webster.

Following weeks of speculation of Roger Webster leading a consortium bid to rescue Besson. Black Dyke Band has decided to appoint a new Principal Cornet.

Music Director Dr. Nicholas Childs Commented;

"Richard is an outstanding player and his prowess on the cornet has won many admirers. To illustrate the quality of the player, his latest solo CD ŒBlazeš has been declared CD of the year, "

Critical acclaim for Richard is well illustrated in the review of his latest CD which quotes

"A performer of immaculate pedigree and a musician of rare class, he now stands alone as the leading cornet player of his generation" 4barsrest.

Richard Marshall commented "Joining Black Dyke is a big honour and I am looking forward to working with Dr. Nicholas Childs and the band. They have many exciting new projects and their new partnership with Leeds Metropolitan University sounds really exciting. I've had a wonderful time at Grimethorpe and I would like to thank Elgar Howarth and Richard Evans and everyone at the band for their encouragement and support over the past ten years"

All the Trustees and Band members at Black Dyke would like to place on record their appreciation to Roger Webster for all his work and wonderful performances and wish him all the best for the future.

Geoffrey Whiteley
Administrator
BLACK DYKE BAND

Cornishwomble
21.12.2005, 16:42
Wow you even beat 4barsrest in breaking the news!

persins
21.12.2005, 17:06
Indeed. Fantastic effort John!

Good luck to Richard Marshall in the hot seat.
Is there any news / speculation on what Roger Webster is going to do now?

dyl
21.12.2005, 17:23
I think it'd be easier to keep the discussion seperate from the News Announcement, and seeing as the discussion thread has a few more posts in it, I'l lprovide a link to it and close this one.

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18314