PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Brass Set To Blow Manchester Away

TheMusicMan
13.10.2005, 13:53
The world’s leading brass ensemble is set to visit Manchester for a unique concert at The Bridgewater Hall on Wednesday 9th November 2005. Prior to the concert Canadian Brass will also give a Master Class to students at the Royal Northern College of Music.

The Manchester concert will also feature a performance by YBS – the former Yorkshire Building Society Band that for the last decade has been the most successful of all contesting brass bands.

Canadian Brass , formed in 1970 in Toronto have put brass music on the popular music map and achieved pioneer status throughout the world. They are widely credited with popularising brass repertoire through their unique style, which features virtuosic musicianship and masterful interpretations matched with lively audience dialogue and theatrical effects

The group shatter preconceptions about brass bands and will perform an eclectic mix of Classical and baroque music. They are especially drawn to the works of JS Bach and have produced more than 60 recordings to date whilst continuing to take daring leaps into jazz, contemporary and popular songs.

Their creative approach, and breathtaking skill has resulted in vast new audiences for the genre and make the group one of the most sought after groups in the music business. In the US More recently they have appeared on The Tonight Show, Today and have appeared as guest artist with John Williams and The Boston Pops.

Canadian Brass will entertain and enthral this November at

The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester on November 9th at 7:30 pm

Tickets are priced at £15, £13, £10 (students £8 )
Tel 0161 907 9000

The Manchester concert will also feature a performance by YBS – the former Yorkshire Building Society Band that for the last decade has been the most successful of all contesting brass bands.

rutty
13.10.2005, 14:54
I was just in Toronto - you'd have thought I'd have seen if they were in town at the time :cool:

Might be worth trying to get tickets for this. I hear good things about them :)

TheMusicMan
13.10.2005, 14:56
I was just in Toronto - you'd have thought I'd have seen if they were in town at the time :cool:

Might be worth trying to get tickets for this. I hear good things about them :)Well don't buy them just yet as I have secured two tickets at each event for some lucky tMP'ers.

We will be announcing how to enter and win these tickets later today. Keep your eyes on here for details...;)