PDA

View Full Version : A newbie here!

dikkezeug
10.10.2005, 23:38
Hello all,

Just a few words to introduce myself. My name is Wouter and I have been playing bass with Carlton Brass for about 6 years now and thoroughly enjoying it.

Looking forward to reading and posting on here and see what is happening in the world of banding.

HBB
10.10.2005, 23:55
Hi there!

Hope you enjoy theMouthpiece.com. We're all pretty friendly really! :D

(I mostly hang out in the random section - where I belong!)

All the Best

Ben

Jan H
11.10.2005, 06:29
Hello Wouter!

Are you Dutch or Flemish by any chance? And how did you end up in an English band?
Just being nosy!

Enjoy tMP,

Jan

sparkling_quavers
11.10.2005, 08:19
Hi Wouter, welcome to tMP - it is about time Ray convinced a few more of the Carlton Brass lot to get signed up on here! As for how Wouter got involved in british banding Dinie, I seem to remember him turning up at a rehearsal with a souzaphone :D

Rachel

dikkezeug
11.10.2005, 08:20
Yep, Originally from Holland. (Used to play with Harmonie Orkest Haarlem and Haarlems Straat Orkest). Moved to the UK 61/2 years ago and picked up playing again after a break of 2 years. Decided one day to join a brassband band and Rachel is right about me turning up with me souzaphone. (Id didn't know any better). That contraption has been the cause of a few laughs over the years! Must get it repaired.

Di
11.10.2005, 08:28
Hi Wouter, welcome to tMP - it is about time Ray convinced a few more of the Carlton Brass lot to get signed up on here! As for how Wouter got involved in british banding Dinie, I seem to remember him turning up at a rehearsal with a souzaphone :D

Rachel

Do I look like Jan? :confused:;)

Hi there Wouter, glad to have you with us. :)

Jan H
11.10.2005, 08:28
Yep, Originally from Holland. (Used to play with Harmonie Orkest Haarlem and Haarlems Straat Orkest). Moved to the UK 61/2 years ago and picked up playing again after a break of 2 years. Decided one day to join a brassband band and Rachel is right about me turning up with me souzaphone. (Id didn't know any better). That contraption has been the cause of a few laughs over the years! Must get it repaired.
lol, I can imagine! :D
As you can see in my signature, I'm from Belgium and over here, I play in a "fanfare", not even a brass band ;). Nevertheless, the people here on tMP have been verfy friendly to me, and now they even made me the tMP "news reporter" for the Benelux :eek: :biggrin:

As for how Wouter got involved in british banding Dinie,
Dinie???? :eek::confused:

:p

sparkling_quavers
11.10.2005, 10:07
ahh come on guys it was really early in the morning!

PeterBale
11.10.2005, 10:17
ahh come on guys it was really early in the morning!. . . and Dinie's always on line ;)

Jan H
11.10.2005, 10:30
. . . and Dinie's always on line ;)
And the reason why I was up that early, was that my alarm clock was set to a wrong time, and I thought it was already an hour later. Doh! :mad: