PDA

View Full Version : Get your friends to join tMP - and win a 1GB USB Pen Drive

TheMusicMan
07.10.2005, 22:42
Get your friends to join tMP - win a 1GB USB Pen Drive

Here's your chance to help even more with the on-going success of tMP, and win a handy little pen drive for yourself!

Over the course of the forthcoming month, we will be running a little contest here on theMouthPiece.com

You may or may not be aware, that in every single user profile, there is a field called 'Referrer' that can be filled in when registering to join the community. When the month is over, we will take a count of this field, and the tMPer with highest number of referrals will win themselves one of the following:

A 1GB USB 2.0 PenDrive - suitable for most PC's or Laptops

http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/usb2.gif

So all you have to do is recommend tMP to a friend, relative or colleague, and make sure that they fill in your username in the 'referrer' field when they sign up.
But there is a small catch! We trust that everyone will take this contest seriously and will not break the rules of tMP in relation to having multiple user accounts - we will be checking the profiles, email addresses and IP addresses of these new users - and each new user, must have made a total of 5 posts before the closing date of the competiton, which is 10pm on Friday 4th of November.

This is just a trial contest - and if it proves successful, we will most certainly be running it again - over a longer period of time - and we may even offer a substantially better prize! ;)

So come on, prove to us that you're no billy-no-mates and get your pals to sign up to the best brass community there is!

Rules:

Start Date: Friday 7th October 2005
End Date: Friday 4th November 2005
Determination of winner: Count of number of referrals made by an existing tMPer where the number of posts made by new referred member is more than 5.
How to enter: get people to sign up and make 5 or more posts om tMP. When they sign up they need to enter your exact username in the referrer field in teh registration page.
Prize: 1GB USB2.0 PenDrive as illustrated in image above

Enjoy :)

Di
07.10.2005, 22:49
Great idea. :tup Does this mean you'll be resetting everyone's referrals to 0 before the start date John?

TheMusicMan
07.10.2005, 22:50
No Di.... I will be counting the number of new referrals (plus those referred with > 5 posts) between the competition start and end dates in the announcement thread :)

jonford
08.10.2005, 11:02
What happens if theres a tie-break situation!?

TheMusicMan
08.10.2005, 11:03
What happens if theres a tie-break situation!?The new members total post count will be aggregated per referrer. That should do the trick.:biggrin:

TheMusicMan
14.10.2005, 12:18
So... I see we have several takers already making referrals :) Anyone else going to start referring? I have the USB pen all ready for sending out to the winner!! :biggrin:

Closing date is Nov 4th @10:00pm...

We have had 20 referrals from several members since the start of this fun event... I'll post the runners table sometime later...

vonny
14.10.2005, 12:33
Mr John, what's a 'pen drive' please? I'm not very knowledgeable on computer accessories.

Yvonne x

vonny
14.10.2005, 12:35
What happens if theres a tie-break situation!?

Well it comes in 2 parts.... ;)

TheMusicMan
14.10.2005, 12:47
Mr John, what's a 'pen drive' please? I'm not very knowledgeable on computer accessories.Picture at top of this thread Yvonne...

Essentially it is an additional portable storage / disc-drive for your PC or Laptop. They are conveniently small, easy to carry and move around, and come in massive sizes. The one of offer in this referral contest is 1GB and stores nearly a thousand times more information than a floppy disc...

You can store anything on them: pictures to share with friends, movies, music, documents and files - anything in fact that you would store on your pc.

So get those referrrals coming in eh...

So far we have had over 150 new members in the timeframe with only 20 if those indicating referrals... lots of wasted opportunity for winning this prize I rekon.

vonny
14.10.2005, 12:54
cool mr john - thank you! sounds like a 'must have' device

Yvonne x

P.S. I'm supposed to be producing a scheme of work, but the tmp is distracting me :D Actually i am half way through, so even though i'm online, i'm not always - if you know what i mean

z3rb
24.10.2005, 20:02
Sounds like a good prize :D

I remember i installed half life on my pen dive and played it at school, it was fun :)

/Runs down the street telling people to join

Lisa
24.10.2005, 22:11
No Di.... I will be counting the number of new referrals (plus those referred with > 5 posts) between the competition start and end dates in the announcement thread

I'm slightly confused...do previous referals who haven't yet posted count if they make 5 posts or more? Or is it only new referals with 5 or more posts?

And when will the runners board be shown? :)

TheMusicMan
24.10.2005, 22:46
New referrals only sorry Lisa... and I'll post the leaderboard when it is worth it. So far, doesn't seem to be much interest...:( Obviously nobody wants a 1GB USB pen drive.

Lisa
24.10.2005, 23:27
Aah, I'm sure everyone is just watching to see how things go and then everyone will start referring lots in the last intense moments of the competition! :biggrin:
...A bit like when you're bidding on something on ebay but you always wait until the very last moment...