PDA

View Full Version : Good evening all!

tam-tam2
20.09.2005, 01:28
I am tamtam2 (you'll find out why soon), but my real name is Tim. I am a 27 year school teacher from South Wales. I have played with the Rogerstone Band since I was 13 and have played every position from 3rd cornet to bumper up, I have never played principal, but if you hear my sound you'll understand why. Once had a lovely year on sop but the band don't seem to trust me on that any more.( I can't really blame them!!).

My banding peak must be playing solo cornet at the NationalFinals at the Albert Hall but I have several lows too........including, while I was playing sop I once split the top c at the end of a run towards the end of Prisms (it echoed around the hall for quite a while!!) and when asked to play perc once I was waiting for the a huge tam-tam entry but managed to hit the frame instead...hence my tMPname!! All great fun!!

I blame my poor talent on the cornet to one of my former teachers...........none other than tMP's very own the Music Man!! (Although we did play both play together on Rogerstone's front row recently...Tournament for Brass being the test piece).

I played repiano for the Mouthpiece Band at the Whits in 2005 (haven't heard the cd yet) but i think I failed in my quest to deafen the front bench.....damn.......there's always next year. May well make it Pontins this year too.

I have to go to school in the morning so had better go to bed now!! Can anyone guess was subject I teach in school? You may be suprised!!

Just Crazy
20.09.2005, 01:52
I have to go to school in the morning so had better go to bed now!! Can anyone guess was subject I teach in school? You may be suprised!!

go on i'll have a guess...............................P.E, but saying that does P.E get taught, no disrespect to all you P.E teachers out there, im just trying to remember my P.E lessons at school:confused:

So am i right?

HorniKaz
20.09.2005, 09:19
Cookery?? Or whatever title is given to home economics these days. :tongue:

meandmycornet
20.09.2005, 11:42
It was food tech when I was at school (that makes me feel old :tongue: )

TheMusicMan
20.09.2005, 12:18
I know.. I know.. I know...can I guess...:):)

Just Crazy
20.09.2005, 13:38
I know.. I know.. I know...can I guess...:):)

Tell us please

TheMusicMan
20.09.2005, 13:51
I'd be banned by the crazed mods if I did that CC...;)

drummergurl
20.09.2005, 17:52
i think mr tamtam2 is.... a textiles teacher, and teaches how to use sewing machines and all that sorta stuff

tam-tam2
21.09.2005, 00:14
Cookery, Home Economics, Textiles.........you must be joking!! I teach, at the moment, P.E. and music throughout a large primary school. Oh, by the way, you do have to carefully plan P.E./Games lessons nowadays.........it's such a bore!

HorniKaz
21.09.2005, 00:20
& why would we be surprised by that?? :eek: Music felt like an obvious guess!!:tongue: Is it something related to the PE?? :confused:

tam-tam2
21.09.2005, 00:26
Yes, completely boring and unsuprising........just wanted to see what people may come up with! :)

Just Crazy
21.09.2005, 00:32
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824AYGB) If i dont say so myself. Well Done me!