PDA

View Full Version : About me

YPBLJG
19.09.2005, 22:50
Male, married (pregnant wife), 33 years old.
I'm a proud Salvatyion Army Bandsman living in Blackpool.
Obviously new here so don't know how many other SA Bandsmen/women use the site, I'll look forward to finding out in the future.
Oh, I'm also the leader of the junior band at Blackpool - very stressful but rewarding! :confused:

Di
19.09.2005, 23:09
Hi there and :hi.

We do have quite a few SA members on the forum, including our very own Peter Bale, Supermoderator.

Congratulations to you and your wife. Be sure to introduce the little one to us when he/she puts in an appearance. ;)

Tubafreak
19.09.2005, 23:44
Congrats on the baby-on-the-way! Is this your first? I have four, all boys aged 12,9.2 & 1. We'd have more but that would involve adding more rooms to the house. I shure wish we had a SA band here in the States. We have a small community band that only meets for a month and a half out of a year, and I'm involved with the Oregon Tuba Association Tuba ensemble. I don't get enough opportunities to play but I do volunteer at the schools. Well, I'll see ya' around.

YPBLJG
19.09.2005, 23:51
Thanks for the welcome, yes it is our first child and we are reliably informed it is a girl, four weeks to go and the house is already full of stuff!!

Don't know my American geography very well but there are some great SA bands over there: in California, Chicago and Georgia especially. Probably miles away from you I guess.

TheMusicMan
19.09.2005, 23:55
Hi YPBLJG

As others have already said... a grand welcome to tMP :hi

Tubafreak is from Oregon which - I wanted to ask him - had he heard the very nice brass band piece by his state's title...? Jaan de Haan I believe??!!??

Tubafreak
20.09.2005, 01:12
Hi YPBLJG
Tubafreak is from Oregon which - I wanted to ask him - had he heard the very nice brass band piece by his state's title...? Jaan de Haan I believe??!!??
I have heard of it but haven't actualy heard it.Is it on the web anywhere?If so please send me a link:) .

TheMusicMan
20.09.2005, 07:27
I have heard of it but haven't actualy heard it.Is it on the web anywhere?If so please send me a link:) .I don't think it is available on the web Tubafreak, that's not usually permitted and would break copyright protection laws. You might like to ask one of the brass music suppliers on tMP if they have any recordings of it though.

I'm sure one of them will come up with it for you.

Jan H
23.09.2005, 16:40
It´s Jan de Haan, not Jaan :ranting2:;)
although it could also be his brother Jacob who wrote the piece?

UPDATE

yes, it was Jacob, not Jan who wrote it. I already mentioned the piece in TubaFreak´s own Introduction thread... ;)