PDA

View Full Version : Beaumaris Band fold - PLEASE READ FOR AN UPDATE

UncleNorbert
05.12.2002, 16:49
I have recently heard from Fred Evans about the very recent demise of the Beaumaris Band, they have been struggling financially for some time now and recently have had some internal band politics leading to some departures which have affected the morale of the band greatly.
It is indeed, a great loss to the banders of wales, and the whole banding community in general. A band which has graced the national finals on many occasions and whose B band has been immensely successful, rising to the 2nd section in a short period of time, the name of Beaumaris will be sadly missed.

TheMusicMan
05.12.2002, 16:52
here, here UncleNorbert

Any band's demise is a sad thing... let's hope they will rise again eh! My regards to everyone involved in Beaumaris Band - from theMouthPiece.com

rutty
05.12.2002, 19:33
It is sad when finances and band politics get in the way of the music. Another fine band disappears :cry:

Curious
06.12.2002, 08:36
Are we sure about this. It seems odd that an organisation of this depth would just fold. Let's hope the rumours are not true!!

Roger Thorne
06.12.2002, 18:07
Uncle Norbert wrote: I have recently heard from Fred Evans about the very recent demise of the Beaumaris Band, they have been struggling financially for some time now and recently have had some internal band politics leading to some departures which have affected the morale of the band greatly.
It is indeed, a great loss to the banders of wales, and the whole banding community in general. A band which has graced the national finals on many occasions and whose B band has been immensely successful, rising to the 2nd section in a short period of time, the name of Beaumaris will be sadly missed.

I was very concerned to read the above statement as regards the demise of this great organisation.
I have contacted the Beaumaris Band this evening and they inform me that they are as strong as ever and they have no intention of folding.
In fact they have their Christmas Concert this evening and have 150 musicians taking part! - that doesn't sound like a band about to fold to me.

I hope the above posting by Uncle Norbert isn't going to set a trend and spoil this very successful brass band forum.

I will be contacting the web master to inform him of this unpleasant behaviour.

rutty
06.12.2002, 18:13
Od dear! Fished in! :oops:

TheMusicMan
06.12.2002, 22:15
Everyone,

I have temporarily locked this topic.

I have spoken to a representative from Beaumaris Band today and Roger is indeed correct - they have not folded and are indeed going strong. I have apologised personally on behalf of theMouthPiece.com for this post.

I am sure you will agree with me that this is NOT what theMouthPiece.com is all about and I am endeavouring to ascertain the facts relating to this post. I will make further enquiries and if required, will take swift and decisive action.

Constructive criticism, honest opinion and good spirited behaviour is both tolerated and encouraged here - malicious gossip, dishonesty and poor bandsmanship is not.

Please forgive the nature of my post here, I do not enjoy having to write this. My sincere regards to you all.

John