PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Squirrel!

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 12:18
Right well we thought milo (my dog) had scared the squirrel too death cos it just hung there from the bird feeder, holding onto the pole, but then it wriggled and the bird feeder fell too the ground.

I now have a stupid squirrel with his fat bum stuck in my bird feeder, what should i do??

Do I save poor iddy-diddy sweetie pie squirrel?

or leave the stupid thing too die?

any ideas of how too unstick him if i decide to unstick him??

anybody had a similar incident??

Di
04.08.2005, 12:22
Aww you have to save the poor thing of course! What sort of bird feeder is it?

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 12:24
ermm an anti-squirrel one :D its one of them thats a mesh ball with a normal bird feeder inside of it

Di
04.08.2005, 12:29
Oh dear and it still stuck?

Think you're gonna need a thick pair of gloves and a dose of bravery ;)

Naomi McFadyen
04.08.2005, 12:30
Poor lil thing.... save it of course... how could you question that?!
Maybe safer to try get the whole thing to a vet, or call the RSPCA or something... you dont wanna hurt it, and you won't want it trying to bite you :p

euphiwoo
04.08.2005, 12:32
my suggestion would be to unstick him even if it means destroying the bird feeder i'm afraid!!!!!!!!LOL!

Chris Sanders
04.08.2005, 12:35
Barbeque it...

Rapier
04.08.2005, 12:37
It's a North American Tree Rat. Chuck the whole thing into a bucket of water, then remove the Tree Rat safely when it's dead. Sorted.

(Unless it's a proper British Red Squirrel, then you have to save it.) :)

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 12:39
ok the squirrel is now in my stream, still with bird feeder stuck around his middle, i tried to stroke him too calm him down but he squealed at me so i ran away! I also tried pulling the bird feeder off but his bum is too big and he's holding onto the feeder with his back legs! What should I do now?
I can't move the bird feeder from where it is cos he has his front claws in the bank!

Di
04.08.2005, 12:39
It's a North American Tree Rat. Chuck the whole thing into a bucket of water, then remove the Tree Rat safely when it's dead. Sorted.

Thats not nice! :(

I would have a gentle go at removing it and if it won't budge, try ringing the RSPCA like Nao said. They'll probably come out and collect it from you.

Rapier
04.08.2005, 12:45
ok the squirrel is now in my stream, still with bird feeder stuck around his middle, i tried to stroke him too calm him down but he squealed at me so i ran away! I also tried pulling the bird feeder off but his bum is too big and he's holding onto the feeder with his back legs! What should I do now?
I can't move the bird feeder from where it is cos he has his front claws in the bank!

Stream?? You don't even have to fill a bucket, perfect. :D Ignore Dinie, you're a 'country girl' kill the rodent.

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 12:49
well its looking almost certainly like little mr squirrel will be put out of his misery soon, i thought he was dead when he was in the stream but he's so stupid he's managed too stay alive! My dad will be home to try in a few hours, if mr squirrel is still alive then and dad fails to unwedge his fat bum we'll ring the rspca!

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 12:51
Stream?? You don't even have to fill a bucket, perfect. :D Ignore Dinie, you're a 'country girl' kill the rodent.

I'm a country girl, yes your correct, but i'm not guna drown the stupid thing, he'll most probably do that himself in the next hour or so! seeing as he hasn't even got the nouse to keept still! Its also a very shallow stream, little more than a couple of centremetres deep!

Di
04.08.2005, 12:54
Try again to get it from the stream. Don't listen to the squeals, its frightened and needs help. You're a big brave girl, you can do it. And don't delay calling the RSPCA til your dad gets home, get the phone book, find the number and call them. There will be a really nice helpful person on the other end of the phone. ;)

Di
04.08.2005, 12:55
Can you wedge a bucket or something between the feeder and the stream, so its out of the water?

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 12:56
yeah but mumsie, its a SQUIRREL!! squirrels are stupid and don't need saving! and they'd cut up my dad's bird feeder and its the new one and it was very expensive!!

Chris Sanders
04.08.2005, 13:04
Squirrel, Nut Roast and Chips...

flower girl
04.08.2005, 13:23

Thats just evil!!!!!!!!!!! its a living creature how can u suggest killin it:ranting2:

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 13:35
the rspca are sending out an inspector as soon as one becomes available :D how jolly kind of them!

Di
04.08.2005, 13:36
Don't you worry, Fi's listened to Mumsie's sound advice and help is on the way. :biggrin:;)

Mumsie spoke to Mumsie's Mumsie, (RSPCA employee for nearly 30 years ;) ) so I knew who to tell Fi to speak to. :wink:

WhatSharp?
04.08.2005, 13:38
I have a sledgehammer you can borrow if you like! make a hoop in the ground... Squirrel Croquet!(:D Squirrels are vermin and need shooting... like Horn players :D )
(Joke Honest! :D ).

(about the Squirrels!)

Di
04.08.2005, 13:47
Whatsharp! I'm surprised at you! And you a lover of long tailed four legged citters too. :wink:

WhatSharp?
04.08.2005, 13:54
I was but jesting honest! (though I'm taking the fifth over the Horn player gag! :biggrin: ).

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 14:27
Mrs RSPCA lady has been and taken Mr Squirrel straight too the vet, he's very swollen and in a bit of a sorry state but he should be ok! :D She's taken our bird feeder though too (obviously!!) my mum's not impressed!!

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 16:13
The RSPCA lady just brought Mr Squirrel back :D we released him and off he went :D awwww he's adorable!

Chris Sanders
04.08.2005, 16:26
awwww he's adorable!

and probably very tasty...

Di
04.08.2005, 16:27
The RSPCA lady just brought Mr Squirrel back :D we released him and off he went :D awwww he's adorable!

OOooooh aren't you just sooo pleased?? Who's a clever girl then. :biggrin::biggrin::clap::clap:

drummergurl
04.08.2005, 16:30
awwww he's adorable!

you've changed your tune now he's free from he birdy thingy. :rolleyes: ;)

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 16:32
do you reckon the RSPCA will pay damages? for the destruction of my dads bird feeder? he's not going to be rightly impressed when he gets home from work!! He was still growling when he was brought back but he was in cage so he couldn't bite me :D

Di
04.08.2005, 16:42
do you reckon the RSPCA will pay damages? for the destruction of my dads bird feeder? he's not going to be rightly impressed when he gets home from work!! He was still growling when he was brought back but he was in cage so he couldn't bite me :D

They put your dad in a cage. :confused::eek:

Di
04.08.2005, 16:53
Try buying a proper squirrel feeder so screwy squirrel can help himself without having to attack the bird feeder. ;)

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 17:05
no my dad wasn't in a cage mumsie :tongue: mum said we are going to buy mr squirrel his own feeder :tongue:

Rapier
04.08.2005, 17:16
Don't forget to put out a tray for the Rats too then. Oh, and pigeons (rats with wings). Mustn't be selective in your support of the vermin now. ;)

Neil Glynn
04.08.2005, 17:18
Is it a grey squirrel or a red one?

meandmycornet
04.08.2005, 22:38
erm it was grey but it was red round the edges!! I think its a mongrel squirrel!!

meandmycornet
08.08.2005, 11:03
I had a phonecall from Mrs Animal Ambulance Lady this morning! She'd taken photos of the squirrel's story and its going too be in the local press! And there phoning me up and apparently I have too give them a quote! The Stupid Squirrel was sooo stupid he's going too be famous!

Di
08.08.2005, 18:36
Ooooooooohhh Fi's gonna be in the paper! :biggrin:

meandmycornet
11.08.2005, 15:53
OMG guess what everybody!! Mr squirrel's story is going to be in the NATIONAL papers!!! In the Sun and/or the Daily Mail as far as i'm aware!! How amazing is that?? Wowweeeeee I'm guna be famous!!

Di
11.08.2005, 20:42
Wooooo :biggrin::clap:

See, so glaaaad you rescued that little mite now aren't you? Better to be in the papers for rescuing a poor little helpless squirrel than being in the paper for drowning it. :biggrin:;)

meandmycornet
12.08.2005, 14:00
Helloooooo! Its the Daily Mail and the The Mirror!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=15847862%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html
thats what the mirror said, but its not on the daily mail website yet :tongue:

Chris Sanders
12.08.2005, 14:14
:mad: He would have gone great with brown sauce...

meandmycornet
12.08.2005, 14:19
your just jealous cos your name isn't in the papers!

PeterBale
12.08.2005, 15:19

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=15847862%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html
The Mail article is almost a full-page spread - Page 11 ;)

meandmycornet
12.08.2005, 15:33
WOW i'm famous!! :D I haven't seen it yet though :(

Curiosity_Kills
12.08.2005, 16:34

(Unless it's a proper British Red Squirrel, then you have to save it.) :)

Indeed!

****** Grey Squirrels

meandmycornet
12.08.2005, 16:48
ok i've seen them now :)

The bloke who did the daily mail was is a right fibber! I didn't say half of what he's quoted me as saying!!

Vickitorious
12.08.2005, 19:22
Quote from the paper -

Fiona said: "He must have eaten too many nuts while he was in there and became too fat to get out"

Lmao!!

'The squirell is named Nutty'

LOL! :rolleyes::tongue:

Vickitorious
12.08.2005, 19:25

Lol we didn't get that paper.. don't know which one we've got it was a different article anyway.. and we just stole that page from my grandmas :tongue:

meandmycornet
12.08.2005, 22:49
'The squirell is named Nutty'

LOL! :rolleyes::tongue:

Dunno where they got that from!! Nobody here named it! other that my dad keeps calling it 'that pesky damn squirrel' :tongue:

Rapier
14.08.2005, 10:39
And now on Quaywest Radio!! The fame increases. I might have to come along to your 'Last Night of the Proms' next Saturday just for an autograph! :)

(Still should have drowned the rodent though.)

meandmycornet
14.08.2005, 12:57
please come to the last night of the proms! even though i'm not going to be there! (I'm working :() i'll give my dear friend bernie an autograph to give to you :D

and ermm what the hecky thump is quaywest radio when its at home??

Rapier
14.08.2005, 14:12
Quaywest Radio is the radio station for Somerset area, based in Watchet. And the last time I went to listen to your Band, (in Blenheim Gardens, Minehead,) I ended up playing Solo Horn for you. ;)

sevenhelz
15.08.2005, 23:08
"He's so cute"?! that's not what you were saying on here ;)
xx

drummergurl
15.08.2005, 23:43
looks like your squirrel made newsround too!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4140000/newsid_4146200/4146228.stm

meandmycornet
16.08.2005, 11:47
Quaywest Radio is the radio station for Somerset area, based in Watchet. And the last time I went to listen to your Band, (in Blenheim Gardens, Minehead,) I ended up playing Solo Horn for you. ;)

Ohhh I remember you! Your the one who made it so my mum had to come and sit next to me :( all through the second half!

WOW i'm on newsround!! well actually technically i'm not :( they never in mentioned my name!! But my lil mr squirrel is!

He is kinda cute I gotta admit it :D but hmmmm my dad STILL doesn't agree!

ronnie_the_lizard
09.09.2005, 17:41

Sorry to resurrect this thread with a rather negative approach, but you, the RSPCA and possibly also the veterinary surgeon have all comitted offences under the terms of section 14 and schedule 9 of the Wildlife and Countryside act which prohibits the release of non-native animals into the wild and specifically names Grey Squirrels as a species which it is an offence to release - even if the animal is part of an already established free-living population.

Ron