PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Flugelgal

flugelgal
10.07.2005, 13:08
Hello, I am Flugelgal-the-not-so-quiet. Funnily enough I play the flugel, although I do play trumpet as well when I can get hold of one.

I've not been around here much for a while, due to various reasons... <mumble>World of Warcraft</mumble>

However, I joined tMP in December 2003 from Sunny Scotland and was hooked within a couple of weeks. Through a completely fun thread about blind dating for banders I was introduced to a certain Keppler, and I moved to Ireland last December to be with him. It's even sunnier here than in Scotland - I couldn't believe it!

In Scotland I played with Clydebank Burgh Band for about 11 years, and Granite City Brass in Aberdeen for a year (partly on cornet :rolleyes: ) before I moved over here. I'm currently bandless - there are not nearly so many bands here and they're not very close to where we live, so opportunities to play in tMP events are always good. I've played with tMP twice now - at Whits in 2004 and the Hadleigh concert. I had a great time at both events, they're great fun.

Anyway, I'm rambling on so I'll stop.

Oh yes, I bought a new Courtois flugel earlier in the year, and it's beautiful. :D

Di
10.07.2005, 13:23
:hi Kirsty.

Good to see that when you do get your "window" of opportunity on the computer you use it wisely. ;) [mumble/rant] You can't let World of Warcraft take over :eek: [/end of mumble/rant].

rutty
11.07.2005, 08:26
[mumble/rant] You can't let World of Warcraft take over :eek: [/end of mumble/rant].

Don't listen to her! :D

flugelgal
17.10.2007, 13:05
Hey guys, I'm hoping to get back to playing soon, we're hoping to move sometime in the near distant future to a place of our own, and one of the fringe benefits of the location we're looking at is proximity to bands (Woohoo!).

Anyway, I'll be popping on here a bit more now also, and I'll need to actually get a flugel out of a box and blow some notes... it's quite sad, I have two flugels at the moment and I don't play either :(.

Anyway, the reason for the update in this thread is that I've changed my msn address - I'd love if those of you that had me on your list with the old address would add me (it's in my profile here now). No MSN at work but I should be about in the evenings when not househunting.

I hope those of you who were around before still remember me!

PeterBale
17.10.2007, 13:49
Hi Kirsty - good to see you back, and hope to hear more from you soon :)

imthemaddude
17.10.2007, 17:57
Of course we remember you!!

Di
17.10.2007, 19:21
I hope those of you who were around before still remember me!

How could we forget our sooperdoopervirtualcharadesbuddyflugelgal? :biggrin:

Welcome back Kirsty. :)

Jan H
17.10.2007, 20:28
Hello Kirsty, nice to see you back!

sparkling_quavers
17.10.2007, 22:29
Hi Kirsty, good to see you are back, Neal must have been keeping you busy ;)! msn me we need to catch up! :biggrin:

flugelgal
19.10.2007, 12:10
Neal must have been keeping you busy ;)!

Pure slander! :oops:

Will the Sec
19.10.2007, 13:31
Time to get out The Groove.......... :)

WoodenFlugel
20.10.2007, 01:06
Great to see you back Kirsty! Does this mean the re-birth of the late night yahoo pool league?

maestO_SO_musical
20.10.2007, 10:30
I'll say hi, but I'm new here, so I'm not in a position to talk...

But I have been hooked - been on it for a week!

flugelgal
22.10.2007, 13:18
Great to see you back Kirsty! Does this mean the re-birth of the late night yahoo pool league?

I might have to get out my "virtual cue" again and have a go. Kepps and I have been playing some other PC games - World of Warcraft, LOTRO, NWN2, and many more - but we're both looking forward to trying to start banding again.

flugelgal
25.03.2008, 17:56
Time to get out The Groove.......... :)

I have to make sure my valves all work, and get my chops in shape. I remember that being pretty high!